Most recently answered

Identification of Verbesina occidentalis (Yellow crownbeard) in Burnet County TX
November 23, 2015
Looked up (small) yellow crownbeard..yellow, no description or pic. Csn you tell me if this is what is in this pic? THX! Can't insert a pic to say y/n. 😟it's in Burnet, Co..SE of Marble Fal...

How to get Poison Ivy?
November 22, 2015
I know this is a silly question but we have a lot of poison ivy in the area and I know that birds eat the seeds and berries, can you get poison ivy from bird poop or track it in the house? From shoes ...

Containing Japanese Wisteria Roots
November 22, 2015
I have some Japanese wisteria plants that I would like to plant inside root barriers but I cannot find any info on how deep the roots go. Do you know if a 2 ft deep root barrier for trees can contain ...

Propagation of Pacific dogwood
November 21, 2015
When do I plant Pacific dogwood seeds? How deep and far apart should they be planted? The elevation will be around 5k.

View more questions and answers from Mr. Smarty Plants
Support the Wildflower Center by Becoming a Member today.

Native Plant Maintenance

Native Plant Properties

Native Plants