Most recently answered

Fertilizing Newly Planted Trees
February 07, 2016
Back in November, I planted 20 trees on rocky, caliche slopes around my house outside of Utopia, Texas. The trees were 45 gallon Monterrey Oaks and Texas Redbuds. I have also installed a drip irriga...

Replanting a Desert Willow
February 07, 2016
My desert willow was damaged badly in a winter storm and had to be taken down. Do I need to remove the old root system below grade when I plant a new desert willow?

Is it illegal to collect wildflower plants form county roads in TX?
February 05, 2016
Is it illegal to collect wildflower plants like bluebonnets from county roads in Texas?

Making a perennial cutting garden friendly to butterflies.
February 05, 2016
I would like to start a perennial cutting garden friendly to butterflies Where can I get a list of plants .

View more questions and answers from Mr. Smarty Plants
Support the Wildflower Center by Becoming a Member today.

Native Plant Maintenance

Native Plant Properties

Native Plants