Most recently answered

Planting Artemisia Cuttings in Texas
September 29, 2014
I've rooted a number of artemisia plants in water and have transplanted them to pots. They grow so very well in our dry drought-stricken soil and need very little water. I'd like to transition these...

Tree Recommendations for Hutto, TX
September 28, 2014
I live in Hutto, TX. I want shade trees in my back yard. I would like a fast growing tree as well as a slower growing tree. What trees are recommended for my area?

Best milkweed to plant in Fayette County, TX
September 23, 2014
What is the best milkweed to plant in central Texas [Fayette County] in black clay soil? this soil does not drain well.

Nitrogen Fixing plants for Austin Texas
September 22, 2014
I recently saw a piece on Central Texas Gardener recommending winter covers to fix nitrogen such as elbow rye, hairy vetch, and crimson clover. Can you recommend a native plant that will grow through...

View more questions and answers from Mr. Smarty Plants
Smarty Plants's Facebook profile Support the Wildflower Center by Becoming a Member today.

Native Plant Maintenance

Native Plant Properties

Native Plants