Most recently answered

Time for pruning wax myrtle in Texas
January 31, 2015
We live in Houston. Can we prune back our southern wax myrtle now?

Small evergreen shrubs for part shade in Texas
January 31, 2015
Mr. Smarty Pants, I'm, for some reason, at odds with myself about a shrub decision. I have need about 8 ft of hedge-like evergreen shrub(s) that I can maintain around 4ft to go under a window. It...

Best date for spring bluebonnet blooms for 2015
January 31, 2015
What is the estimated date range for the best bluebonnet viewing in the Hill Country this year (2015). I have guests from the north planning a visit and we'd like to pick a weekend with great possibi...

Is Magnolia virginiana (Sweetbay) a major nectar source for honeybees?
January 31, 2015
Is the Sweetbay Magnolia a major nectar source for honeybees?

View more questions and answers from Mr. Smarty Plants
Smarty Plants's Facebook profile Support the Wildflower Center by Becoming a Member today.

Native Plant Maintenance

Native Plant Properties

Native Plants