Most recently answered

Problems on Prickly Pear Cactus in Illinois
November 19, 2014
I have a fungus on my prickly pear cactus that is not a bug. I tested it and my fingers didn't turn red when I squeezed them. So how do I get rid of this as it is spreading to my other cacti?

Propagation of Agave suckers
November 18, 2014
I'm trying to transplant Dragon Toes Agave suckers. Is this similar to other agave pup transplants?

Oak Wilt in Georgetown, TX
November 17, 2014
We have lost several live oaks to oak wilt. Another couple are dying but still have some green leaves. Is it OK to cut down these trees now or should we wait until they are entirely dead? I've heard ...

Planting a meadow garden in Pennsylvania
November 16, 2014
I live in Saxonburg PA near Pittsburgh PA. I want to put a meadow garden in my back yard. We are building a home so there is no established yard yet just trees and weeds. Where do I start . What...

View more questions and answers from Mr. Smarty Plants
Smarty Plants's Facebook profile Support the Wildflower Center by Becoming a Member today.

Native Plant Maintenance

Native Plant Properties

Native Plants