Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 18 next >> 
176 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Calcium from Eggshells for Ferns?
December 15, 2014
I was reading recently about beneficial additions to the soil/plant. The first was about soaking used egg shells overnight and then pouring the water onto ferns. They said that the calcium in eggshell...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Leaves dropping from a potted Mesquite
August 11, 2014
I have a Prosopis pubescens (Screwbean Mesquite) that I purchased at a nursery in Alpine, TX just a few miles away from me. It was a in nursery style black plastic container. The mesquite is perhaps a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Recovery of water-stressed Agarita
August 11, 2014
Hello! I planted a small agarita at the end of May and then left town for six weeks. During that time it was supposed to receive weekly deep irrigations to help it establish, but it seems that som...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with American Beautyberry in Houston.
July 02, 2014
My American Beautyberry is dying one branch at a time. The entire plant looks great, now flowering and starting to put out berries. Then one or two branches will completely die. Trim those off, wi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Watering a Chinquapin Oak in Austin, TX
June 22, 2014
I have a question about watering. I planted a Chinquapin Oak about 7 months ago and it's about 8 feet tall and doing well. I water it weekly on a slow drip for about an hour. I expect that my job is ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

List of plants that tolerate
May 11, 2014
Could I get a list of "grey water" tolerant shrubs/evergreens/etc? *Full sun
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with Habiturf in Austin
May 10, 2014
I have been trying to establish a Habiturf lawn in my back yard. It is approximately a 1,000 square foot area and this last seeding was the third over about one and a half years. I just recently over ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Protection for plants against a Spring freeze from Easley SC
April 15, 2014
Is there anything we can do to protect our beautiful spring gardens from the freeze tonight? (April 15, 2014)
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mulching tree root in San Angelo, TX
April 02, 2014
San Angelo, Texas is in a drought stage. Will it help our trees to mulch the base of them?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for science fair project using greywater
November 17, 2013
What kind of plants should we use for our science fair project.We are doing our project on how greywater affects plant growth. We saw your answer on how it affects it but we don't know what type of ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 18 next >> 
176 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page