Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 19 next >> 
189 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

Connecticut Plants for a Steep Slope
September 09, 2015
I am looking for the best plants to retain a steep, dry, fully shaded slope in zone 5, Connecticut. It must be deer resistant. Plant height is not a factor.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of ball-shaped purple flower in Connecticut
July 13, 2015
I am trying to identify a ball shaped purple/light purple flower with opposite leaves that look fern like. It has been in bloom since late May or early June. I have found it growing with what appear...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Evolvulus nuttallianus native to Central Texas and Deer Resistant?
June 11, 2015
The website doesn't have much information about blue daze (Evolvulus nuttallianus. Is this plant native to Central Texas? Is it deer-resistant?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer Resistant Roses and Fruit Trees in NC
April 20, 2015
Hello, I am planning a house on Lake Gaston in North Carolina (to be built) and will need to establish a new garden on the cleared lot. I would like to focus on native plants, but I love a cutting ga...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Critter-Proof Native Plants for Virginia Lawn
April 02, 2015
We live in a gated community that was part of the Wilderness Battlefield during the Civil War. Our home is on a narrow lot, fully treed except for a postage stamp-sized lawn at lake side. We have de...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are Verbena Annuals Deer Resistant?
March 25, 2015
Are Verbena Estrella Pink Star annuals deer resistant?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer Resistant Evergreens for Pennsylvania Woods
March 12, 2015
We are looking for evergreens that will grow in a partially shaded/wooded area and are ideally deer resistant. Hemlocks are out because of a parasite infestation in our area of Pennsylvania.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need ground cover plants to grow in the shade a large oak in San Antonio, TX
March 09, 2015
We have a large backyard in San Antonio covered with live oak and red oak. Since grass does not do well in this shade / bright shade area I would like to plant a low growing ground cover and then add...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Jasminum polyanthum Deer Resistant and Native?
March 07, 2015
Are Jasminum polyanthum deer resistant? They are selling these plants at Trader Joe's right now so I'm assuming it's native to our area. But the instructions don't say anything about deer.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Privacy Fence to Exclude Deer
February 13, 2015
This is not a plant question but I hope you will answer it. I have a huge backyard and a low picket fence. Over the years the deer have fallen in love with this area and have eaten much of my native...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 19 next >> 
189 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page