Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 18 next >> 
180 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Privacy Fence to Exclude Deer
February 13, 2015
This is not a plant question but I hope you will answer it. I have a huge backyard and a low picket fence. Over the years the deer have fallen in love with this area and have eaten much of my native...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer-resistant trees for privacy in Texas
January 09, 2015
I need to find a deer resistant tall shrub or tree to plant and hide the deer fence my neighbor just put up on our property line. My property has full sun in parts and mostly shady in other parts and ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer Resistant Plants for Newton Square, PA
August 25, 2014
I'm looking for highly deer resistant plants native to PA. Thank you!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will deer eat bellflowers?
August 10, 2014
Are deer attracted to the bellflower? Will they eat it?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How are NPIN Deer Resistance Ratings Determined?
May 06, 2014
If your plant data-base (which is the best thing since sliced bread!) is silent on the degree to which a plant is deer-resistant, does this mean you just don't have enough information to make the cal...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Perennial ground cover for hillside in Holmdel NJ
April 25, 2014
I live in NJ. I would like to use a perennial ground cover for my landscaping bed on a hill with full sun and deer resistant. It's a good size landscaping bed that is facing east (southeast). What...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer resistance of non-native Leyland Cypress from Kerrville TX
April 19, 2014
Are Leyland cypress deer resistant?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native shrub for Chesterfield VA
April 02, 2014
Need a native shrub for the north side of our house that is deer resistant, not overly sensitive to wind, and can tolerate clay soil. Preferably 3-8 feet. Thanks for your help.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Cenizo for border of school garden from Cedar Park TX
January 27, 2014
Hi. We're starting a school garden in Central Texas, and instead of building a fence along one side, we'd like to plant a hedge. Ideally, it would grow tall enough to deter deer from jumping over, b...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer Resistance and Erosion Control for St. Louis County MO
January 03, 2014
I am looking for deer and rabbit resistant native plants for erosion control on a steep ravine slope with part sun and part shade in St. Louis County MO.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 18 next >> 
180 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page