Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 21 next >> 
204 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Nitrogen Fixing plants for Austin Texas
September 22, 2014
I recently saw a piece on Central Texas Gardener recommending winter covers to fix nitrogen such as elbow rye, hairy vetch, and crimson clover. Can you recommend a native plant that will grow through...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Stress on Goldenball leadtrees from Austin
June 07, 2014
I know of two separate instances where young Goldenball Lead Trees (leucena retusa) have shown symptoms of defoliation and a bleeding of white sap from sores that have developed on the bark. The first...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem garden strip in Austin
May 22, 2014
Currently I live in the west half of a duplex. There is a small strip of dirt about two feet wide between the wall and the sidewalk in the backyard. It faces west, meaning it only gets sunlight duri...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How does Habiturf spread from Walburg TX
May 19, 2014
How does HabitTurf spread? - by seed only? - when/how often must you let it go to seed to insure a permanent stand?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Chlorotic Texas Mountain Laurel in Benson, Arizona
May 04, 2014
I've planted a Texas Mountain Laurel in heavy clay soil in Arizona. It's been in place for 3 years and flowers each spring. However it's leaves are a shade of medium, yellowish green nothing like t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replacing hawthorn bush with muhly grass from Plano TX
April 10, 2014
I am thinking of replacing a hawthorn bush with a muhly grass plant or two in an edged area with river rock cover in Plano, texas. It is the black soil and not a sandy loam. We have a sprinkler syst...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting Mountain Laurel grown from seeds in Argentina
April 09, 2014
Hello, I was transferred to Cordoba, Argentina 2 years ago from San Antonio, the climate hereis similar to S. TX, anyway I brought some mountain laurel seeds with me and they have been in 2 gallon pot...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant mistakes from Cedar Park, TX
April 09, 2014
At our "Wilts End" in Cedar Park, TX. and are looking for a tall shrub/tree that will hide a 6-ft tall concrete wall and muffle the noise from a busy street. The wall forms a very wide-angled V shap...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Disagreement with HOA on raised beds placed beneath mature oak from Tequesta FL
April 05, 2014
I have mature 30 year old oak trees on my property and I put a raised bed under each with very good soil and I used pavers for retaining the soil about about 1.5 ft high. I planted a perennial begonia...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Narrow, Dry, Shaded Site in Georgia
April 03, 2014
I am writing from Valdosta, GA. Could you please suggest three perennial shrubs and/or plants that flower at different times of the spring and summer? Also ones that can be planted in a 2 ft. wide s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 21 next >> 
204 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page