Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 21 next >> 
206 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Calcium from Eggshells for Ferns?
December 15, 2014
I was reading recently about beneficial additions to the soil/plant. The first was about soaking used egg shells overnight and then pouring the water onto ferns. They said that the calcium in eggshell...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Restoring disturbed land in Marshall, TX.
December 04, 2014
I have a 30 acre tract of land in Marshall, Texas. The oil company has turned 2-3 acres surrounding the rig into gravel. I would like to return the gravel area to green space. Any suggestions on gras...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Nitrogen Fixing plants for Austin Texas
September 22, 2014
I recently saw a piece on Central Texas Gardener recommending winter covers to fix nitrogen such as elbow rye, hairy vetch, and crimson clover. Can you recommend a native plant that will grow through...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Stress on Goldenball leadtrees from Austin
June 07, 2014
I know of two separate instances where young Goldenball Lead Trees (leucena retusa) have shown symptoms of defoliation and a bleeding of white sap from sores that have developed on the bark. The first...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem garden strip in Austin
May 22, 2014
Currently I live in the west half of a duplex. There is a small strip of dirt about two feet wide between the wall and the sidewalk in the backyard. It faces west, meaning it only gets sunlight duri...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How does Habiturf spread from Walburg TX
May 19, 2014
How does HabitTurf spread? - by seed only? - when/how often must you let it go to seed to insure a permanent stand?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Chlorotic Texas Mountain Laurel in Benson, Arizona
May 04, 2014
I've planted a Texas Mountain Laurel in heavy clay soil in Arizona. It's been in place for 3 years and flowers each spring. However it's leaves are a shade of medium, yellowish green nothing like t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replacing hawthorn bush with muhly grass from Plano TX
April 10, 2014
I am thinking of replacing a hawthorn bush with a muhly grass plant or two in an edged area with river rock cover in Plano, texas. It is the black soil and not a sandy loam. We have a sprinkler syst...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting Mountain Laurel grown from seeds in Argentina
April 09, 2014
Hello, I was transferred to Cordoba, Argentina 2 years ago from San Antonio, the climate hereis similar to S. TX, anyway I brought some mountain laurel seeds with me and they have been in 2 gallon pot...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant mistakes from Cedar Park, TX
April 09, 2014
At our "Wilts End" in Cedar Park, TX. and are looking for a tall shrub/tree that will hide a 6-ft tall concrete wall and muffle the noise from a busy street. The wall forms a very wide-angled V shap...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 21 next >> 
206 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page