Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 13 next >> 
129 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Wildlife Attracting Plants for a Shady Patio
July 03, 2014
We have a concrete patio that receives 2-3 hours of sunlight a day, so the only plants we will be able to grow will be in container. We are looking for plants that do well in shade, and containers and...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Listing of plants matched to specific pollinators
July 01, 2014
Could you refer me to a listing of plants matched to specific pollinators? I have completed the conversion of a local nature center garden to a pollinator garden with all natives. We hope to place ed...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hedge shrubs that attract butterflies & birds in Virginia
June 13, 2014
Hi - I need recommendations for north VA hedge shrubs that attract butterflies and birds. Thanks
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Species of hackberry best for wildlife from Georgetown, TX
February 21, 2014
Which species of Hackberry tree is the best for wildlife in Georgetown, TX (just north of Austin)? Your Plant Database says Celtis occidentals is "among the BEST food and shelter plants for wildlife,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native annuals for pollinators in King County, Washington
February 06, 2014
I live in King County, Washington State, and I have a plot in a community garden. Rather than plant food, I'd like to attract pollinators. I need to use native annuals rather than perennials as the c...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need plants beneficial or attractive to bees in Dripping Springs, TX
January 27, 2014
Can you provide a specific list of plants beneficial or attractive to honey bees in the Texas Hill Country (we raise bees in Dripping Springs, TX.) Thanks.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildlife and bird friendly hedgerow for Chicago suburb
November 30, 2013
Want to plant a wildlife/bird friendly hedgerow in suburban Chicago. Looking for a recommended mix of understory trees as well a shrubs and grasses. Site is part shade with average to wet soil and tr...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

A Bounty of Edibles for New Braunfels Texas
October 25, 2013
I was hoping you could suggest a few plants that would serve several purposes. I live in New Braunfels, TX and would like to incorporate as many drought tolerant plants which would support birds, but...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for pollinators in Brown County, Texas
July 23, 2013
I am attempting to plant on our family property a wide range of native plants for the central Texas area (May, TX). The flowers, bushes and trees that rely on pollinators, in particular bees, in order...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Neighborhood association wanting wildflowers mowed from Grand Prairie TX
July 14, 2013
For at least 15 years, I have been fostering growth of wildflowers in 60% of my 90x400' yard which include 150' utility trunkline easement in which I can plant no trees. This year, we had volunteer ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 13 next >> 
129 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page