Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 next >> 
34 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Plant identification of tree on Kent State University in Ohio
August 09, 2011
Hello. I am fond of a very large (wide) tree on a university campus in Ohio. I have tried many plant ID search engines to try to figure out what it is. It is at least 12 feet tall and at least that ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Smell barrier around chicken pen in Austin
April 23, 2011
What are some shade to part-shade loving, aromatic plants (akin to Lavender or Jasmine) that will do well in Central TX? I'm trying to plant things around my chicken pen that'll create a smell barri...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Gardening advice for Ontario, Canada
April 20, 2011
HI there. I see most of the readers are in CA, I am in Ontario Canada. I am in need of some advice on a nice flowering all year round garden for both sun/partial sun/shade garden. Some for direct sun ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Using Bumelia for Firewood
February 25, 2011
I have 2 trees in my yard that I think are Gum Bullies. They're tall (25 feet) and straight, thorny, leaves look like live oak, but they're deciduous. I need to remove them and wondered if I could...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

More than you want to know about planting a pond in Austin Texas
December 10, 2010
Winterizing Water Garden QA from Nov 27 Austin American-Statesman: Would the garden (60-gal aluminum) with those plants (papyrus, horsetail, water lily) be placed in the sun, shade, part shade or ? I ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing Native Plants in Juniper litter from Wimberley, TX
October 04, 2010
Junipers create an environment under their canopy that prohibits growth of other plants. I have a virgin lot that has been cleared of many juniper but has remaining heavy natural leaf mold containing...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Grave plants in Indiana in 1914
July 30, 2010
I'm doing research on the landscape surrounding an elaborate family cemetery constructed in NW Indiana in 1914. Previous research noted that "grave plants" were planted along the short retaining w...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Burn the wetlands
June 02, 2010
Can the wetlands of Louisiana that have been soaked in oil be burned? I am a native plant gardener in the midwest. Burning is a natural process in the prairie. Southerners are not used to this and ma...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bees knees squeezing
May 28, 2010
Barbara, Do the knees of bees help them squeeze if they please their wobbly, bobbly, knobbly balls of pollen?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How and when to harvest bluebonnets.
April 30, 2010
A previous answer mentioned harvesting bluebonnet seeds by pulling up the whole plant when the seed pods turn brown. Two clarifications - when do the seed pods turn brown as these plants are hard to ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 next >> 
34 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page