Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 933 next >> 
9,327 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Plants beneficial to honey bees in Indiana
August 30, 2014
I am searching for a list of shrubs, vines, low growing plants that would benefit, specifically honeybees in southeast Indiana. My Soil & Water Conservation District would like to offer these plants f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is a height of 5 to 8 feet forOenothera biennis (Common evening primrose) normal?
August 30, 2014
I have identified a version of Evening Primrose Oenothera biennia L. In my yard, Livonia Michigan. These plants range in height from 5-8+ feet. Is this typical? The references I find indicates 3-5 fe...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Seed pod of Proboscidea louisianica (Deveil's claw) in New Mexico
August 30, 2014
I found the most amazing seed pods of the devil's claw right here in Albuquerque. I thought it was a wood skeleton of a pterodactyl (flying dinosaur, I believe), but heard it's a devil's claw. Ok...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hummingbird Bushes for Broken Arrow OK
August 27, 2014
I am looking for bushes that attract hummingbirds. I live in Broken Arrow, OK. Can you recommend some?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer Resistant Plants for Newton Square, PA
August 25, 2014
I'm looking for highly deer resistant plants native to PA. Thank you!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with a Cercis (Redbud)
August 25, 2014
Half of my redbud tree is pooped out looking. On two places on the bark are areas where a few layers of bark have pulled back. In these areas there are white growths.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants associated with Acer rubrum (Red maple)
August 21, 2014
What plants are commonly associated with Acer rubrum in its natural habitat?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant identification from New York
August 21, 2014
I have a sunflower like plant growing mysteriously in our garden. Its leaves are large heart shaped. It is a single stem plant. The base of each branch is a small, orange colored bud looking as if...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Grasses for Quebec
August 21, 2014
I saw an article in the Martha Stewart magazine on native grasses. I live in Canada in Rimouski, in the province of Quebec. I am wondering if native grasses would grow here in the region? Our hardine...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Transplanting and Pruning Callicarpa
August 21, 2014
I saw the previous question about Callicarpa from the guy in Texas and I have two questions based on the response. In SW Vermont, is late fall still the best time to transplant my Callicarpas? Also, i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 933 next >>