Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 927 next >> 
9,264 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Plants for a Austin thicket underlayer
July 25, 2014
We live in Austin, west of 183. We are planning to put a thicket in our backyard, where there is no threat of deer. Anchoring the thicket are a clump of live oaks, a Texas persimmon, an Eve's Necklac...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

The Designation of Annual and Perennial Plants
July 25, 2014
Sometimes when researching a plant I will find it listed as both annual and perennial. I understand that some plants will be perennial in a warm climate and die in a colder zone, but it is still a per...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mountain laurel with fasciation
July 24, 2014
My Texas Mountain Laurel bush has developed several "crested branches." What causes this, is it harmful & how do I get rid of them??? Thank you!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native grasses for organic farm in Elgin TX
July 22, 2014
Hi there, I am working to restore native grasses on our certified organic farm in Elgin, TX. We raise eggs, grass fed beef, and grass fed lamb. I am having a terrible time finding organic pastur...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ripe fruit of Melothria pendula (Guadaloupe cucumber)
July 22, 2014
I see the pictures of the guadualupe cucumber plant. The fruit is still green. When it matures does it look like a small tomato? I have noticed the vine when the fruit is ripe. This is in McLennan C...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Preparation of seeds of Cosmos parviflorus for planting
July 21, 2014
This is in regards to Cosmos Parviflorus. I reside directly outside of Big Bend National Park in Terlingua, TX. Cosmos Parviflorus grows naturally here and I have collected some seeds from a couple of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fast-spreading desert-type tree with thorns in yard
July 21, 2014
There is a fast spreading tree in my backyard - many multiple almost symmetric flat green oval leaves on either side of the stem (sort of like a moringa tree but this is not that). Grows straight up, ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Controlling live oak suckers in Florida
July 20, 2014
How do I kill emerging live oak sprouts comming from mature tree root system
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Tall plant with bell-shaped upside-down white flowers
July 18, 2014
2 tall plants grew outside my suburban New York house in June, blossomed late June. They looked like giant asparagus stalks, and the flowers were white, bell shaped, upside down, look like fairy skirt...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pollination of Fendlera rupicola
July 17, 2014
How/by what is Fendlera rupicola pollinated?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 927 next >>