Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 957 next >> 
9,565 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Shallow Rooted Wildflowers for MA
March 25, 2015
Do you have any suggestions for wildflowers that would be safe to grow on a capped landfill site? They would need to have roots no deeper than 24 inches.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Leucophyllum Resistant to Verticillium Wilt
March 25, 2015
I need to know which large shrubs are resistant to verticillium wilt? I believe that a few of our Elaeagnus have succumbed to this disease, but being over 15 years old, I am not positive. I am thinki...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Source for Hickory in Texas
March 25, 2015
I'm looking for a nursery in Texas that sells hickory trees. I've used your supplier links and gone through many, many websites of suppliers. However, the only nut tree anyone sells is pecan. I'...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vine for Chain Link Fence in Virginia
March 25, 2015
I am from Great Falls, Virginia. I would like to know what the best vine is to grow on aluminum fences to cover them up quickly but also doesn't damage expensive fences in a long term?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Using Cement Blocks for Raised Beds
March 25, 2015
Is it safe to use cinder blocks for box gardens? If not, what do you suggest?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcovers for Shade Under a Sweetgum
March 25, 2015
I have 3 large sweetgum trees that produce so much shade each summer, and grass, even grass meant for shade, won't grow here. It's become a barren desert! I have English ivy but it only seems to gro...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mexican Lime Turning Yellow
March 25, 2015
What causes moderate yellowing of 40% of the leaves of an 8 year old Mexican Lime Tree that is booming and blooming right now with lots of thick new growth? I used a general garden fertilizer a few ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are Verbena Annuals Deer Resistant?
March 25, 2015
Are Verbena Estrella Pink Star annuals deer resistant?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Does Wax Myrtle Have a Taproot?
March 25, 2015
Does a wax myrtle have a taproot?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of mystery tree in Huntington Beach, CA
March 25, 2015
Have a "tree" that has grown from about 18" tall to about 10' tall in a little over a years time. It has a central trunk that is about 3/4" in diameter at it's largest. It has short thin branch...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 957 next >>