Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 945 next >> 
9,448 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Number of plant species existing in South Carolina
December 21, 2014
Where can I find the number of known or estimated number of plant species existing in South Carolina? I have tried several search engines, but perhaps I am not wording my query properly. Thank you f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of seedlings
December 20, 2014
So..last spring I spread out a bag of random Texas wildflower seed I bought at Home Depot. Bautiful things happened. Since that time I've collected seeds while out camping etc and just been chunking ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Landscape professional to maintain native plants
December 20, 2014
Had native plants & buffalo grass professionaly planted earlier this year. Have had trouble finding maintenance services for our yard. Any suggestions on how to find a knowledgeable crew? Thanks...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Specifying sizes of plants for pond edge plantings in Austin area
December 19, 2014
I am working on a list of pond edge plantings for the Austin area that will be in the fluctuation zone and I have my list of my plants but I need to know how to spec the sizes and to make sure my list...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Calcium from Eggshells for Ferns?
December 15, 2014
I was reading recently about beneficial additions to the soil/plant. The first was about soaking used egg shells overnight and then pouring the water onto ferns. They said that the calcium in eggshell...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replacement for waxleaf privet
December 15, 2014
i just removed some waxleaf privet due to reading about the invasive and allergy problem to it. Is indian hawthorn blueberry muffin any better? what shrub do you recommend? I want it to grow about 6-1...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

December 10, 2014
This is a test message from the web manager. I needed to install a new Captcha. Please let me know if this test message is received.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to prevent creekside erosion in Nacogdoches County, Texas
December 09, 2014
I am looking for some advice on plants native to Texas that can help prevent erosion. I own a wooded lot with a creek and would like to consolidate the sides of the creek against potential erosion. I...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Possible leaf cutter ants in Elgin, TX
December 08, 2014
I've planted many beautiful native vines and flowering plants this fall. However, in the past week I've noticed something has been eating these plants, including coral honeysuckle vine, salvia, and ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with leaf cutting bees in Houston, TX
December 08, 2014
I have four Arapaho crepe myrtle trees in my backyard and two have leaves, especially the young leaves, being eaten by something. I do not see ants of beetles on the leaves and have not seen any bees ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 945 next >>