Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 958 next >> 
9,571 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Native wildflowers for an Asheville, NC garden.
March 30, 2015
I live in Asheville. I just bought a small home for the first time with a .22 acre yard. It's extremely sunny on the east side and gets good sun most of the day. Like most WNC area yards it's on a s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Screen Tree for Lockhart, TX.
March 30, 2015
What is a good screening tree for a ranch in the Lockhart area that won't get much water.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Advantages of using native plants
March 28, 2015
Hello. My question is not about a specific plant but a more general question about natives. I am writing a research paper and am interested in finding seminal research that explains why we should us...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Substitute for Habiturf in Fullerton, CA
March 27, 2015
Will habiturf grow/thrive in 92835 zip code? I think Im on 10a or 10b hardiness. I have clay soil. Thanks
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of ivy-like plant with large purplish leaves.
March 27, 2015
Can you ID this ivy-like growing plant with a big purplish elephant ear type leaf and a big green stem pouch?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Seeds and seed pods of bluejacket (Tradescantia ohiensis or Hyacinthus orientalis
March 26, 2015
I have lots of bluejacket flowers in my yard. I keep looking for the seed pods but can't find any seeds. Where are the seed pods located on the bluejacket flower? Thanks. Lew Dallas
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shallow Rooted Wildflowers for MA
March 25, 2015
Do you have any suggestions for wildflowers that would be safe to grow on a capped landfill site? They would need to have roots no deeper than 24 inches.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Leucophyllum Resistant to Verticillium Wilt
March 25, 2015
I need to know which large shrubs are resistant to verticillium wilt? I believe that a few of our Elaeagnus have succumbed to this disease, but being over 15 years old, I am not positive. I am thinki...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Source for Hickory in Texas
March 25, 2015
I'm looking for a nursery in Texas that sells hickory trees. I've used your supplier links and gone through many, many websites of suppliers. However, the only nut tree anyone sells is pecan. I'...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vine for Chain Link Fence in Virginia
March 25, 2015
I am from Great Falls, Virginia. I would like to know what the best vine is to grow on aluminum fences to cover them up quickly but also doesn't damage expensive fences in a long term?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 958 next >>