Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 927 next >> 
9,267 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Looking for seeds for Carex texensis and Horse Herb
July 27, 2014
I am looking for either plants or seeds of Carex texensis and horseherb with no success. I live in the Albuquerque,NM mountain region (at ~6800ft, zone 6). I need something that is very dought resis...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning Post Oaks
July 26, 2014
I live in Houston and have two post oaks. One is right by my house. I'd like to trim them but was told they are sensitive and might die if I trim them. Is this true? What is the right course of ac...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Larkspur with pink and white flowers
July 26, 2014
Hi - I have been photographing larkspurs (mainly D. bicolor) in Montana for years now and I found one that I can't identify. The leaves and flower structure all appear to be D. bicolor, but the flow...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Austin thicket underlayer
July 25, 2014
We live in Austin, west of 183. We are planning to put a thicket in our backyard, where there is no threat of deer. Anchoring the thicket are a clump of live oaks, a Texas persimmon, an Eve's Necklac...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

The Designation of Annual and Perennial Plants
July 25, 2014
Sometimes when researching a plant I will find it listed as both annual and perennial. I understand that some plants will be perennial in a warm climate and die in a colder zone, but it is still a per...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mountain laurel with fasciation
July 24, 2014
My Texas Mountain Laurel bush has developed several "crested branches." What causes this, is it harmful & how do I get rid of them??? Thank you!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native grasses for organic farm in Elgin TX
July 22, 2014
Hi there, I am working to restore native grasses on our certified organic farm in Elgin, TX. We raise eggs, grass fed beef, and grass fed lamb. I am having a terrible time finding organic pastur...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ripe fruit of Melothria pendula (Guadaloupe cucumber)
July 22, 2014
I see the pictures of the guadualupe cucumber plant. The fruit is still green. When it matures does it look like a small tomato? I have noticed the vine when the fruit is ripe. This is in McLennan C...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Preparation of seeds of Cosmos parviflorus for planting
July 21, 2014
This is in regards to Cosmos Parviflorus. I reside directly outside of Big Bend National Park in Terlingua, TX. Cosmos Parviflorus grows naturally here and I have collected some seeds from a couple of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fast-spreading desert-type tree with thorns in yard
July 21, 2014
There is a fast spreading tree in my backyard - many multiple almost symmetric flat green oval leaves on either side of the stem (sort of like a moringa tree but this is not that). Grows straight up, ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 927 next >>