Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 934 next >> 
9,331 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Erosion Control for Salem IN
September 02, 2014
We've recently had a new pond dug. It is on a hill side and has some very steep and tall banks. We were advised that our best chance of keeping soil from eroding was to plant fescue. I'm not thrille...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Aggressive Plants in Pleasant Valley NY
September 01, 2014
Are there any native plants that can out compete Japanese knotweed?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Tagetes lemmonii (Copper Canyon Daisy) native to the Southwest?
September 01, 2014
Due to the continued drought I have resolved to only use native plants in my garden. Copper canyon daisy is be recommended more often at nurseries. The NPSOT lists it a native of Arizona, yet I cann...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with Chinese Pistache tree
September 01, 2014
We have a gorgeous Chinese Pistache in our yard, about 25 feet tall. We bought it for its gorgeous fall color. The problem is that it has never turned color for us. All the other pistaches in the neig...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants beneficial to honey bees in Indiana
August 30, 2014
I am searching for a list of shrubs, vines, low growing plants that would benefit, specifically honeybees in southeast Indiana. My Soil & Water Conservation District would like to offer these plants f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is a height of 5 to 8 feet forOenothera biennis (Common evening primrose) normal?
August 30, 2014
I have identified a version of Evening Primrose Oenothera biennia L. In my yard, Livonia Michigan. These plants range in height from 5-8+ feet. Is this typical? The references I find indicates 3-5 fe...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Seed pod of Proboscidea louisianica (Deveil's claw) in New Mexico
August 30, 2014
I found the most amazing seed pods of the devil's claw right here in Albuquerque. I thought it was a wood skeleton of a pterodactyl (flying dinosaur, I believe), but heard it's a devil's claw. Ok...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hummingbird Bushes for Broken Arrow OK
August 27, 2014
I am looking for bushes that attract hummingbirds. I live in Broken Arrow, OK. Can you recommend some?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer Resistant Plants for Newton Square, PA
August 25, 2014
I'm looking for highly deer resistant plants native to PA. Thank you!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with a Cercis (Redbud)
August 25, 2014
Half of my redbud tree is pooped out looking. On two places on the bark are areas where a few layers of bark have pulled back. In these areas there are white growths.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 934 next >>