Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 964 next >> 
9,632 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
What about the Bluebonnets at Muleshoe Bend Recreational Area in Spicewood, TX
April 27, 2015
We had heard about vast field of bluebonnets out at Muleshoe Bend Recreation Area - an LCRA park in Spicewood. We went out today and there are indeed vast fields . . . all where Lake Travis would be ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fastest growing shade tree for Austin.
April 27, 2015
What is the fastest growing shade tree suitable for Austin? We are anticipating selling or renting our house in two to three years and want a shade tree for a baked full sun area of the yard that will...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Carolina buckthorn and Neem Oil Spray Damage
April 27, 2015
It's April, I have a Carolina buckthorn that seemed to be doing well, about 8 feet tall, about 2 years old in part shade. It was putting out new leaves about a month ago and seemed to have infestati...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vines for a backyard pergola not toxic to dogs and cats
April 26, 2015
We have just built a pergola in out backyard and are wanting a vine to grow up and around the posts. We have 3 dogs and also have a cat that loves to go outside. We are really looking for something th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Tropical Milkweed Harmful to Monarchs?
April 24, 2015
I believe I recently read that the orange flowering Mexican milkweed carries a virus(?) or something that harms monarch butterflies. What are recommendations if I use this plant in my northern CA yar...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover Suggestion for OK
April 24, 2015
I need your suggestion for a groundcover for a flower bed in the sun and in the shade in Oklahoma.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Arctostaphylos Hanging Basket for Texas
April 24, 2015
I would like to plant an Arctostaphylos uva-ursi in a hanging basket with a coco liner. Will this work, or will the roots grow too long? it's the 'Massachusetts' cultivar.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing Avocados in South Texas
April 24, 2015
What types of avocados can be grown in South Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native ground cover for bare ground
April 24, 2015
I have a 20 x 40 foot partly sunny area that has only leaves covering the bare ground. I want to replace the leaves with ground cover. Can I mix ground covers like clover, asian jasmine, etc? I would ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought-tolerant turf for Southern California
April 23, 2015
Is it possible to grow Habiturf in Riverside, California, in the area of UC Riverside? The climate is similar to the desert areas or Arizona, just slightly cooler in the Summer. If not, is there a d...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 964 next >>