Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 940 next >> 
9,392 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Milkweed recommendations for Austin, TX
October 20, 2014
I live on thin limestone soil in Austin's NW Hills. I'd like to plant some milkweed to help the monarch butterflies in their migration. Which species should I plant, and are those available in our...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fall Wildflowers for Helotes, TX
October 20, 2014
Dear Smarty, Could you please suggest a few colorful wildflowers for a sunny area. I live north of San Antonio, TX and would like to plant some flowers in October but I want something that has been ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Horseherb planting in Richardson, TX
October 18, 2014
What is the best time to plant 4" pots of Horseherb?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to germinate seed for Styrax grandifolius
October 18, 2014
How do I germinate seed for the Styrax grandifolius?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of a vine with red berries in Weatherford, Texas
October 17, 2014
I have found a vine with red berries that I would appreciate an ID for. How can I send you a photo or two of it?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to grow under pine trees in Riverside, CA
October 15, 2014
Please tell me what plants would do well under pine trees in somewhat moist soil in Riverside, Ca. Also, I would prefer perennials that are easy to weed. (I currently have violets which are overrun wi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Nativity of various bulbs
October 15, 2014
Are the following bulbs native? Chionodoxa forbesii Camassia leichflinii Crocus Sprint tommasinianus Barr's Purple Hyacinthoides hispanica Narcissus 'Actea' Scilla siberica 'Spring Beauty' ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Houseplant identification
October 15, 2014
Had a houseplant with leaves that were green on the top and purplish on the bottom. The leaves were velvety to the touch. Would like to know what it was.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fall Flower Planting in Abilene, TX
October 14, 2014
Are there any flowers that can be planted in the fall in Abilene Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Water Use Versus Soil Moisture
October 14, 2014
In the Native Plant Database, under Growing Conditions what is the difference between water use and soil moisture? Sometimes they seem contradictory.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 940 next >>