Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 927 next >> 
9,270 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Is Viburnum rufidulum monoecious or dioecious?
July 28, 2014
Is Viburnum rufidulum monoecious or dioecious? Your database does not address this for most plants.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Where in Texas can Vitis rupestris be found for collecting seeds and cuttings
July 27, 2014
Where in Texas can I collect in the wild - cuttings or seeds from the Native American plant Vitis rupestris? Thanks!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What do a bouquet red and yellow flowers mean?
July 27, 2014
I just need a question answered, sorry if it's not what you guys answer but what do red and yellow flowers together mean? I mean like a bouquet of yellow and red roses mixed together, not red and yel...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Looking for seeds for Carex texensis and Horse Herb
July 27, 2014
I am looking for either plants or seeds of Carex texensis and horseherb with no success. I live in the Albuquerque,NM mountain region (at ~6800ft, zone 6). I need something that is very dought resis...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning Post Oaks
July 26, 2014
I live in Houston and have two post oaks. One is right by my house. I'd like to trim them but was told they are sensitive and might die if I trim them. Is this true? What is the right course of ac...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Larkspur with pink and white flowers
July 26, 2014
Hi - I have been photographing larkspurs (mainly D. bicolor) in Montana for years now and I found one that I can't identify. The leaves and flower structure all appear to be D. bicolor, but the flow...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Austin thicket underlayer
July 25, 2014
We live in Austin, west of 183. We are planning to put a thicket in our backyard, where there is no threat of deer. Anchoring the thicket are a clump of live oaks, a Texas persimmon, an Eve's Necklac...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

The Designation of Annual and Perennial Plants
July 25, 2014
Sometimes when researching a plant I will find it listed as both annual and perennial. I understand that some plants will be perennial in a warm climate and die in a colder zone, but it is still a per...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mountain laurel with fasciation
July 24, 2014
My Texas Mountain Laurel bush has developed several "crested branches." What causes this, is it harmful & how do I get rid of them??? Thank you!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native grasses for organic farm in Elgin TX
July 22, 2014
Hi there, I am working to restore native grasses on our certified organic farm in Elgin, TX. We raise eggs, grass fed beef, and grass fed lamb. I am having a terrible time finding organic pastur...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 927 next >>