Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 945 next >> 
9,444 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Calcium from Eggshells for Ferns?
December 15, 2014
I was reading recently about beneficial additions to the soil/plant. The first was about soaking used egg shells overnight and then pouring the water onto ferns. They said that the calcium in eggshell...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replacement for waxleaf privet
December 15, 2014
i just removed some waxleaf privet due to reading about the invasive and allergy problem to it. Is indian hawthorn blueberry muffin any better? what shrub do you recommend? I want it to grow about 6-1...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

December 10, 2014
This is a test message from the web manager. I needed to install a new Captcha. Please let me know if this test message is received.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to prevent creekside erosion in Nacogdoches County, Texas
December 09, 2014
I am looking for some advice on plants native to Texas that can help prevent erosion. I own a wooded lot with a creek and would like to consolidate the sides of the creek against potential erosion. I...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Possible leaf cutter ants in Elgin, TX
December 08, 2014
I've planted many beautiful native vines and flowering plants this fall. However, in the past week I've noticed something has been eating these plants, including coral honeysuckle vine, salvia, and ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with leaf cutting bees in Houston, TX
December 08, 2014
I have four Arapaho crepe myrtle trees in my backyard and two have leaves, especially the young leaves, being eaten by something. I do not see ants of beetles on the leaves and have not seen any bees ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Controlling non-native Pennisetum frutescens (Naked fountain grass)
December 07, 2014
Three years ago I bought a pennisetum frutescans grass from a reputable online nursery. It gets no supplemental water, but it is taking over my yard. It is almost 7 feet wide now. Can you tell me how ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a moist, wooded area in North Carolina
December 06, 2014
I am looking to plant some native flowers in a wooded area in Surry County NC. The chosen location is fully shaded beside a creek. The water table typically sets about 2 feet below the surface of th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Potential ecosystem benefits to Carex flaccosperma
December 06, 2014
Hi, I am trying to find out if there are any ecosystem benefits associated with the plant Carex flaccosperma: Blue wood sedge?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Forage plants for deer in Central Texas
December 06, 2014
Looking for best forage plants and seed for deer forage, Canyon Lake-New Braunfels, Tx. Have searched listings, but areas are NE or other and not relevant to my location. Your time much appreciated. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 945 next >>