Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 933 next >> 
9,323 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Deer Resistant Plants for Newton Square, PA
August 25, 2014
I'm looking for highly deer resistant plants native to PA. Thank you!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with a Cercis (Redbud)
August 25, 2014
Half of my redbud tree is pooped out looking. On two places on the bark are areas where a few layers of bark have pulled back. In these areas there are white growths.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants associated with Acer rubrum (Red maple)
August 21, 2014
What plants are commonly associated with Acer rubrum in its natural habitat?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant identification from New York
August 21, 2014
I have a sunflower like plant growing mysteriously in our garden. Its leaves are large heart shaped. It is a single stem plant. The base of each branch is a small, orange colored bud looking as if...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Grasses for Quebec
August 21, 2014
I saw an article in the Martha Stewart magazine on native grasses. I live in Canada in Rimouski, in the province of Quebec. I am wondering if native grasses would grow here in the region? Our hardine...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Transplanting and Pruning Callicarpa
August 21, 2014
I saw the previous question about Callicarpa from the guy in Texas and I have two questions based on the response. In SW Vermont, is late fall still the best time to transplant my Callicarpas? Also, i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought-Tolerant, Evergreen Groundcover for CA
August 21, 2014
We are looking for a drought tolerant, evergreen groundcover for California. I am considering Sarcococca hookeriana and Cotoneaster dammeri but don't know if they're the best options for the area. I...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Looking for a Privacy Barrier Plant for NC
August 21, 2014
I am trying to determine the best plant for a privacy barrier for my area in NC that has clay soil. I have a 6 foot high fence but need something 12 feet or taller. It has to be something that does no...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deep Rooted Large Shrub or Small Tree for Driveway Strip
August 21, 2014
I am in eastern Massachusetts. My condominium Grounds Committee is searching for a small tree suitable to plant in narrow (4'-5') beds which divide two driveways. Can you suggest something whose roo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shasta Daisies without Petals
August 21, 2014
My shasta daisies do not have the white petals, only the yellow center is in bloom. There are no visible signs of insects. They get a good amount of sun - about 5 hours per day. What could be the prob...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 933 next >>