Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 984 next >> 
9,838 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Wildflowers for April wedding near Austin TX
August 31, 2015
Home wedding April 2016. Live North of Austin.on 200 acres ranch and would like to plant wildflowers. What to plant? When to plant? Flowers that will sustain in vase or bouquet?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildflowers for an Indiana septic drain field
August 29, 2015
We just had to have a septic system replaced due to our state highway consuming some of our front yard along with our original septic. Since this has happened, our lateral lines now lie in our back ya...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Dieback of river fern and maidenhair fern in the Texas summer
August 28, 2015
My river fern and maiden hair fern are dying back. I know it is hot, but they are in shade and watered regularly. The river fern is dying back from the tips. Any fungus or bugs I should be looking ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need suggestions for plants for bioswales in Philadelphia, PA
August 24, 2015
Hello, Are there a handful of species you would recommend for inclusion in bioswales throughout the US? I realize plants need to be selected based on climate, but I'm wondering if there are two or...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Question about a beetle eating bees
August 22, 2015
I have a beetle that is about index finger or pinkie fingernail size. I have a bee hive and it's eating the bees by injecting it with an inch long probe and sucking out the liquid of my bees.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

List of native plants found in South Texas counties
August 22, 2015
Does the LBJ Wildflower Ctr. have a place on its site where lists of native plants found in each Texas county can be accessed? I am working on a comparative database of commonly used sources (e.g., La...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Source of seeds or plants for 5 regions of Virginia
August 22, 2015
I am a teacher and am planning a lesson about regional plants of Virginia. I would like to create a type of planter where we can plant seeds from each of the 5 regions in Virginia (Appalachian Platea...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Convolvulus equitans poisonous?
August 22, 2015
Hello, Can you tell me if convolvulus equitans is poisonous? If so, can you tell me how poisonous and which parts are poisonous? I am considering putting this in my backyard but I have a dog and an...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What does the name montana mean in a species name?
August 21, 2015
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Tree with light-colored bark, thorns and long white clumps of flowers
August 18, 2015
I bought a tree at the LBJWC plant sale a couple years ago but lost the name of the tree. I'm finally ready to plant it in the ground and would like to learn more about what its needs are. Can you ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 984 next >>