Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 5 next >> 
45 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Plants that will withstand spray from fountain and heat from concrete
June 10, 2014
Working on a property in Plano, I have an area around a fountain, surrounded by concrete, in full sun, that receives a lot of water that is blown from the fountain (which is treated with chlorine tabl...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Raingarden Plants for Brownsville, TX
March 14, 2014
I'm a Landscape Architect in South Texas and I'm implementing raingardens and vegetated swales in my projects. What native plants could be used in these gardens/water runways. They would need to res...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Rain garden plants for Central Texas
February 06, 2014
Do you have a list of rain garden plants for Central Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Managing a wet area in Austin
November 18, 2013
I suspect that my backyard lies at the very top of a creek watershed. However, all of the water flowing through it gets blocked by a solid stone wall. Whenever we get a significant rain event, part ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Plants for a water collection pit in Bronson, FL
August 22, 2013
I live near Gainesville, FL in a low rural area with many cypress swamps around & bought this 5 acres 2 years ago. About 15 years ago a pit was dug on my 5 acres to give the rainwater somewhere to go...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for freestanding water in Oklahoma
July 28, 2013
I have an overflowing gutter and the ground below becomes a muddy hole. I'd like to put a basin or pot in/or above the ground with a rain chain. Are there any plants--shrubs or otherwise that flouris...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Rain garden for Washington MO
March 08, 2013
I have a 40' tall bald cypress at the bottom right corner of my sloped yard (slopes from 2 sides, has 3 gutter runoffs directed towards it from 50-70' away). Can I put a series of retaining walls up...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

School Rain Garden in Iowa
January 08, 2013
Could you recommend plants for a rain garden to be installed on a middle school campus in the Council Bluffs Iowa area???? Many thanks!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a ditch in PA
June 09, 2012
I have a property in the suburbs about 20 miles south of Philadelphia, PA. There is a small creek running across the property. The "ditch" holding the creek is about 5 feet across, but the creek i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a pond edge in IN
June 08, 2012
Hello, I live in Southern Indiana. I care very much about reinforcing native plants for my region & not planting anything invasive. I had a pond built last year & need some suggestions for native ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 5 next >> 
45 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page