Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 5 next >> 
44 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Raingarden Plants for Brownsville, TX
March 14, 2014
I'm a Landscape Architect in South Texas and I'm implementing raingardens and vegetated swales in my projects. What native plants could be used in these gardens/water runways. They would need to res...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Rain garden plants for Central Texas
February 06, 2014
Do you have a list of rain garden plants for Central Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Managing a wet area in Austin
November 18, 2013
I suspect that my backyard lies at the very top of a creek watershed. However, all of the water flowing through it gets blocked by a solid stone wall. Whenever we get a significant rain event, part ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Plants for a water collection pit in Bronson, FL
August 22, 2013
I live near Gainesville, FL in a low rural area with many cypress swamps around & bought this 5 acres 2 years ago. About 15 years ago a pit was dug on my 5 acres to give the rainwater somewhere to go...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for freestanding water in Oklahoma
July 28, 2013
I have an overflowing gutter and the ground below becomes a muddy hole. I'd like to put a basin or pot in/or above the ground with a rain chain. Are there any plants--shrubs or otherwise that flouris...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Rain garden for Washington MO
March 08, 2013
I have a 40' tall bald cypress at the bottom right corner of my sloped yard (slopes from 2 sides, has 3 gutter runoffs directed towards it from 50-70' away). Can I put a series of retaining walls up...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

School Rain Garden in Iowa
January 08, 2013
Could you recommend plants for a rain garden to be installed on a middle school campus in the Council Bluffs Iowa area???? Many thanks!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a ditch in PA
June 09, 2012
I have a property in the suburbs about 20 miles south of Philadelphia, PA. There is a small creek running across the property. The "ditch" holding the creek is about 5 feet across, but the creek i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a pond edge in IN
June 08, 2012
Hello, I live in Southern Indiana. I care very much about reinforcing native plants for my region & not planting anything invasive. I had a pond built last year & need some suggestions for native ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pond Plants for Eureka Springs AR
May 16, 2012
I have a 1 acre pond that we are cleaning up. This area will be used for recreation and fishing. We plan to put native rock around some of the edges and need perennial plants that do well in rocky are...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 5 next >> 
44 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page