Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 977 next >> 
9,761 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Protecting storm-damaged pecan and black walnut trees in TX
June 29, 2015
Several trees on our property in northeast Texas were uprooted by a tornado. A pecan tree with a circumference greater than 93 inches was carried to the ground. Although it is completely horizontal,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Keeping bugs out of a Texas home
June 29, 2015
I'm slowly growing my gardens into natural habitats for birds, bees, butterflies and other little critters but would like to keep them outside of my house. Being in central Texas it is difficult to ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Discouraging Poison Ivy
June 27, 2015
Is there a fern that discourages poison ivy from growing?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Turk's Cap and Pavonia insect problems
June 27, 2015
My Turk's cap and Pavonia lasiopetala (rock rose) plants both have quite a few leaves that are skeletonized in appearance. I do not see any insects on the underside of the leaves. What could be cau...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Male and Female Rhus virens Differences?
June 27, 2015
I would like to plant a Rhus virens in my yard to attract birds. I want to make sure I get a female plant so there will be berries. How can I tell a male from a female plant?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pollinators for Washington State
June 26, 2015
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I am removing invasive knotweed in the Pacific Northwest and I would like to provide native plant alternatives that would flower and provide pollen in the late summer/fall f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Milky Substance on Salvia greggii
June 26, 2015
The Salvia greggii that I have in the front yard has a milky substance on it ... and the plants are not doing well. Is this some kind of fungi or disease? What can I do to "cure" it? Thank you! Lia...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Dog-safe Privacy Screen for Ocala, FL
June 25, 2015
Am desperately searching for fast growing privacy that would be non toxic to dogs in Ocala, Florida (zone 9 I think). Wanted Leland cypress but due to toxicity it won't work.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need help with dying clumps of Cedar Sedge
June 24, 2015
Carex planostachys. This grass was planted 2 years ago in light shade. It grew well until this year. Now some clumps are dying. Others in same area look fine. No insects can be detected. Why are...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Why are large numbers of leaves falling from my Live Oak trees in Driftwood, TX?
June 24, 2015
Today is June 6, 2015 and I have noticed that for the last week and a half, only a few live oaks out of many, have been losing large numbers of green leaves and turning brown on the ground. I cannot ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 977 next >>