Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 969 next >> 
9,687 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Will the
May 27, 2015
I'm becoming interested in rain gardens, and although Silphium perfoliatum does not appear to be a host for butterfly caterpillars and like most of the "giant tall grass prairie daisies" may be a b...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Looking for plants for phytoremediation in Columbus, TX
May 27, 2015
Hello! I am looking for native Texan phytodegrading/rhizodegrading plants (basically I want phytoremediating plants that could be left in place and not have to be removed/disposed of after they had ta...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Indian Paintbrush outnumbering our Bluebonnets this year.
May 26, 2015
We noticed we have more Indian paintbrush than bluebonnets in our front yard this year. Our issue is we also have more spear grass than normal. Is there a way to control this grass without killing th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to eliminate roadside thistles
May 26, 2015
When we drive along the highway we see lots of wildflowers and no thistles in the median. How does the Highway Department keep the thistles out? Here in Kerrville, we are overwhelmed by thistles thi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Falling Balls from an Oak in Kingsland TX
May 25, 2015
I have a large Live Oak in the back yard, with St. Augustine grass under it. It is April 3, 2015. The leaves have fallen and now little tiny round balls are falling. I am hearing a popping noise und...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to propagate Scarlet leatherflower (Clematis texensis)
May 25, 2015
How do you collect seeds for the scarlet leatherflower? I saw your answer on how to grow from seeds but I'm not sure how to collect the seeds. Also is it possible to grow the scarlet leatherflower...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Texas mountain laurel honey toxic?
May 25, 2015
I have been told that honey produced from the flowers of my Texas Mountain Laurel (Sophora secundiflora) would not be safe to consume. Is this correct? The only information I have been able to find is...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing Buttonbush in California
May 24, 2015
For the Buttonbush, how do you keep it consistently moist?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of cinnamon-scented bush from Pennsylvania
May 23, 2015
I had a "bush" in PA that the woman who sold it to me called a cinnamon bush. It had long branches with large (approx 5" long and 3" wide) dark green leaves attached evenly along each side of the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for shady slope in clay soil
May 20, 2015
I need to stop erosion on a very shady, sloping side of my house. It is cly soil. We drive our rider mower over it to get to the grassy area in our yard. What perennial ground over might work? Thank...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 969 next >>