Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 985 next >> 
9,843 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Pruning Spruce Pine (Prunus glabra)
September 02, 2015
I have a Pinus glabra/spruce pine that is approx. 7' tall. It's limbs are few and some have been broken. Will trimming back the longer limbs to give it a Christmas shape harm this tree?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are Native Cultivars As Beneficial to Wildlife?
September 02, 2015
I am working on adding more native plants to my small acreage. I would like to know if using a selection or cultivar of a native species is as likely to have wildlife benefits as using a randomly prop...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Souce for Glass Mulch in Austin
September 02, 2015
Is there a special reason that broken glass is used in the courtyard flower beds? It's beautiful, wondering where to purchase some.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Georgia Monocots for Dodder Infested Location
September 02, 2015
I have a 12'x12' area where we planted carrots, and we got a surprise - dodder! Next year we planted corn - no dodder! This year we planted cosmos, and behold, we had dodder. I understand monocot...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Webworm on Texas Mountain Laurel in Texas
September 02, 2015
I thought my mountain laurel had web worms and I sprayed for them. Now the plant looks like it still has the worms even though none are present. Also, I sprayed with a fungicide because some of the ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildflowers for April wedding near Austin TX
August 31, 2015
Home wedding April 2016. Live North of Austin.on 200 acres ranch and would like to plant wildflowers. What to plant? When to plant? Flowers that will sustain in vase or bouquet?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildflowers for an Indiana septic drain field
August 29, 2015
We just had to have a septic system replaced due to our state highway consuming some of our front yard along with our original septic. Since this has happened, our lateral lines now lie in our back ya...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Dieback of river fern and maidenhair fern in the Texas summer
August 28, 2015
My river fern and maiden hair fern are dying back. I know it is hot, but they are in shade and watered regularly. The river fern is dying back from the tips. Any fungus or bugs I should be looking ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need suggestions for plants for bioswales in Philadelphia, PA
August 24, 2015
Hello, Are there a handful of species you would recommend for inclusion in bioswales throughout the US? I realize plants need to be selected based on climate, but I'm wondering if there are two or...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Question about a beetle eating bees
August 22, 2015
I have a beetle that is about index finger or pinkie fingernail size. I have a bee hive and it's eating the bees by injecting it with an inch long probe and sucking out the liquid of my bees.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 985 next >>