Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 953 next >> 
9,524 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
What shade trees have non-invasive root systems?
March 03, 2015
What shade trees have a non-invasive root system? I am in zone 7a. Thank you, Mr. Smarty Plants!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Repairing the split trunk of a TX mountain laurel
February 28, 2015
I have a fairly large mountain laurel that I just realized has a split down the trunk. Is there anything I can do to save it?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deterring geese from a wildflower garden
February 28, 2015
I've moved into a home with a large pond beyond the grass yard. I intend to plant a sunflower house with lots of other plants as part of the structure, such as flowering vines, clover, mint and thyme...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need plants for a garden pathway in Austin, TX.
February 28, 2015
Hello! I am looking for a low-growing native plant or plants that I can use instead of grass; I have a section of the garden that gets full to part sun that will have a pathway of stones. I'd like ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen shrub for Austin TX
February 28, 2015
I am wanting an evergreen shrub 6-8 ft tall to use as a screen in our backyard. Do you have any suggestions?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrubs for a Shady Foundation Planting in Texas
February 28, 2015
We are looking for foundation shrubs, 2-4' mature height, for a totally shaded area which does receive bright light all day.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need to control Turk's cap in front yard in Austin, TX
February 28, 2015
I have several turks cap in my front yard- they grow well, but they grown huge-high and spread out. My neighbors' are much more compact! how can I keep them in control?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need suggestions for planting trees in poor soils in Austin, TX
February 27, 2015
Due to the clay soils and poor drainage in East Austin, what ornamental trees do you normally suggest?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of thorny bush
February 26, 2015
We found a small thorny like bush in our hay field near the fence line yesterday. It has thorns and each thorn has new nodes along the thorn. it is a frosted like white at this time. It is early febru...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to replace Phragmites australis (Common reed) in Cedar Ridge Preserve
February 25, 2015
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I live in the DFW area and volunteer at a preserve (Cedar Ridge). We are constantly battling the common reed, Phragmites australis, around the pond. I am wondering what shou...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 953 next >>