En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 962 next >> 
9,615 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Seed Library in Hill Country, Texas?
April 21, 2015
Hello, I was wondering if there is a seed bank or library here in the Texas Hill Country?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a children's playground
April 20, 2015
We have extensive native gardens on our 2 acre property, but my children want a garden of their own with plants they can hide under and that are good for imaginative play. Are there any native plants...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer Resistant Roses and Fruit Trees in NC
April 20, 2015
Hello, I am planning a house on Lake Gaston in North Carolina (to be built) and will need to establish a new garden on the cleared lot. I would like to focus on native plants, but I love a cutting ga...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Black Sap from Live Oak in Austin, Texas
April 20, 2015
We live in South Austin and our neighbor has several beautiful, enormous Live Oak trees whose canopies hang over into our yard. This past week, they've begun dripping some sort of black sap all over ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for Slope in NC under Black Walnut
April 20, 2015
Please advise on some plants for a difficult to mow 30% slope, near Asheville, NC. We have partial sun, plenty of good rich topsoil, and plenty of rain. The key issue is that it is under and near the ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Teucrium resistant to Verticillium Wilt?
April 20, 2015
Is Teucrium frutescans, or Bush Germander resistant to Verticillium Wilt? I cannot find it on a list anywhere.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen groundcovers for NE NC
April 20, 2015
Can you please provide a list of evergreen native groundcovers for Northeastern NC?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bees and Bulbs
April 20, 2015
Are any of the Non-Native bulbs beneficial to bees of any kind? My Dutch hyacinths, and daffodils are so prolific; they are both single, but I can't find any information about them as sources of nect...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Removal of Ashe juniper trees
April 19, 2015
I have 15 acres with scattered huge oak and elm trees with tens of thousands of Ashe Juniper (cedar) trees 2” to 10” in diameter growing within the drip zone of the hardwoods. How do I take out the c...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Orange-flowered bush on Wildflower Center grounds
April 19, 2015
What is the orange colored bush like Sphaeralcea blooming right now. It is in one of the planted gardens. I could find no name plate.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 962 next >>