Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 908 next >> 
9,079 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Native Plants Toxic to Dogs?
April 22, 2014
Are society garlic, Salvia greggii, black escarpment cherries, and wine cup wildflowers toxic to dogs?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Highway construction in wildflower areas from Kingsland TX
April 22, 2014
I see no other link to contact about this, except for you. Maybe you can direct me. I just drove Hwy 281 South and a lot of road construction is being done. For many years that I've noticed, there ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replacing river birch from Maple Grove MN
April 22, 2014
How soon after taking out a river birch clump tree and grinding the stump would we be able to plant a new birch clump?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Picking flowers of bulbs from Cloverdale CA
April 22, 2014
Will picking the flowers of native bulb plants, such as Trillium, Blue Dicks, Fawn Lilies, kill the plant or keep it from reproducing? I do not condone this action but know people who do it.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Help for a Transplanted Bougainvillea
April 22, 2014
I recently planted a bougainvillea in our south-facing front yard. While planting it, we inadvertently severed a large portion of the root system from the plant. What, if anything, can we do to help...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-native invasive carrot wood tree losing leaves in Alpine CA
April 22, 2014
My carrot wood tree is losing all of its leaves. The tree is about 15foot high & 13 years old. Could it be gophers? The tree was trimmed 1 year ago.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Control of non-native invasive Japanese Barberry from Enfield NH
April 22, 2014
I recently bought a home that is bordered by woods and a sizable area of invasive Japanese Barberry growing on a steep hill in and around a stone wall making it that much harder to dig up. I've alway...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade tolerant plants for privacy from Larchmont NY
April 19, 2014
Love your site! We have a 4'x4'x50' stone wall, full sun, with a planting bed 30"H by 24"D. We're looking for privacy, so a hedge with pruning is needed. We have looked at Ilex Crenata (8'),...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer resistance of non-native Leyland Cypress from Kerrville TX
April 19, 2014
Are Leyland cypress deer resistant?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vine for shady planter from Cedar Park TX
April 19, 2014
We bought a home in Central Texas and inherited several raised-bed planters. One of the planters is set up to grow a vine, but it's in a part of the yard that is mostly in the shade of a tree. Is t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 908 next >>