En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 45 next >> 
444 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

Plants for Georgetown with shade in the AM and sun in the PM
September 30, 2015
Hi, I live in Georgetown and I would like a recommendation for plants (shrubs and flowering perennials) that can handle deep shade until 1 or 2 pm and then have full sun blasting them til sun down. T...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Connecticut Plants for a Steep Slope
September 09, 2015
I am looking for the best plants to retain a steep, dry, fully shaded slope in zone 5, Connecticut. It must be deer resistant. Plant height is not a factor.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Erosion controlling plants for a shady Minnesota lakeside
August 11, 2015
I live about 50 yards from a lake and there is a steep embankment. Recently someone decided to cut the trees off the embankment and now the dirt is eroding off the embankment as well as off my back ya...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Where to find Horseherb seed
August 02, 2015
I would like to purchase some Horseherb seeds. Can you tell me where I can do that? Either locally or on line. Thank you.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing Green milkweed vine from seed
July 29, 2015
I was given some seed for the pearl milkweed vine which I intend to plant, but I can find no information on whether to stratify or scarify them or just plant them. I know some milkweeds require strati...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replacement for Love Grass in Michigan
July 27, 2015
need a replacement for Love Grass at Shops of Willow Bend in Plano. The entire perimeter of this mall has Bermuda and Love Grass. The Elms and Oaks have grown so the Love Grass is mostly gone. Ther...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought and Shade tolerant plants for Wichita Falls, TX
July 24, 2015
I can find lots of information about planting drought tolerant, sun loving native plants, a number of which I've planted over the years. But I can find very little information about drought tolerant ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Lawn for a Shady & Wet area in Austin, TX
July 22, 2015
We have a drainage area that has appeared in our back yard since the neighbors’ homes were built. When we get heavy rains (like this year) all their drainage flows into our back yard and forms a river...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Seep Muhly in limited sunlight.
July 01, 2015
Can Seep Muhly withstand just 3 or 4 hours of direct sunlight in an urban setting?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Advice for Texas Mountain Laurel in shady, narrow bed.
June 08, 2015
My house faces N/NE and gets a lot of shade. I would like to plant a Texas Mountain Laurel in my narrow front bed, but what is the best way to amend my clay soil since it prefers rocky soil? What woul...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 45 next >> 
444 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page