Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 44 next >> 
436 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Seep Muhly in limited sunlight.
July 01, 2015
Can Seep Muhly withstand just 3 or 4 hours of direct sunlight in an urban setting?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Advice for Texas Mountain Laurel in shady, narrow bed.
June 08, 2015
My house faces N/NE and gets a lot of shade. I would like to plant a Texas Mountain Laurel in my narrow front bed, but what is the best way to amend my clay soil since it prefers rocky soil? What woul...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to protect Columbine plants from Texas sun
May 12, 2015
I planted some Red columbine seeds in October of last year and they are now doing well, roughly 6-inches tall. I believed I was planting them in mostly shade at the time; that area now seems to get 6+...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Straggler daisy as a ground cover in Florida
April 21, 2015
I live in Hillsborough county,FL. My yard has two large oak trees and is very shady. I am looking for a shade resistant ground cover that will do well for a yard used by children to play. I was told...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Shaded Slope in Philadelphia
April 17, 2015
I have a small slope along the North side of my house in a suburb of Philadelphia. A small maple tree grows there but most of it gets no sun at all (a large segment is under the tree). I had the soil ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Plants for a Shaded Patio Container in Missouri
April 17, 2015
What kind of native plants would grow well in a pot on a fully shaded patio? I live in Kansas City, Missouri. The patio faces north and doesn't get any direct sunlight, but it gets lots of indirect...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Evergreen for Shady Back Yard in IL
April 16, 2015
I am looking for a native evergreen to provide bird shelter in my southeast facing small back yard. I would prefer a horizontal juniper but don't know if it could grow in the shade of the 8 or 9 matu...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcovers for Shade Under a Sweetgum
March 25, 2015
I have 3 large sweetgum trees that produce so much shade each summer, and grass, even grass meant for shade, won't grow here. It's become a barren desert! I have English ivy but it only seems to gro...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing mosses in the Pacific Northwest
February 05, 2015
Can you provide information on types of Mosses as well as Microferns in the Northwest Mountain region near Seattle? I assume that Mosses and Microferns are more resilient to foot traffic (i.e.Cush...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Small evergreen shrubs for part shade in Texas
January 31, 2015
Mr. Smarty Pants, I'm, for some reason, at odds with myself about a shrub decision. I have need about 8 ft of hedge-like evergreen shrub(s) that I can maintain around 4ft to go under a window. It...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 44 next >> 
436 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page