Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 42 next >> 
417 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Competition between Horseherb and Chickweed
July 04, 2014
Ok, sorry I did it wrong the 1st time!? I live in Houston, and I have chickens! I also have mass amounts of Horseherb, and I want to buy some chickweed seeds and plant it for my chickens! My question ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildlife Attracting Plants for a Shady Patio
July 03, 2014
We have a concrete patio that receives 2-3 hours of sunlight a day, so the only plants we will be able to grow will be in container. We are looking for plants that do well in shade, and containers and...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for part shade in Albany NY
July 02, 2014
Hello! I'm looking for: a native ground cover, mostly shade with only some morning sun, on a slope, edible is preferred but not necessity, mostly clay type soil for the Albany, NY area. Thanks for yo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Container plant in difficult sun exposure from Leander TX
June 06, 2014
HELP!!!! I have a large Mexican terracotta pot on my front porch. This awkward area is facing westward, so receives the full dose of Texas sun after about 3 pm onward. Now here's the catch; my fr...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Phyla lanceolata (frogfruit) poisonous to dogs fromTitusville FL?
June 01, 2014
Is Phyla lanceolata, also called Fogfruit, Lanceleaf Fogfruit, or Northern Fogfruit, toxic to dogs? We have it growing amongst our grass. I can't find it on any toxic plant list.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Erosion Control for a Shaded Slope in Aliquippa PA
May 07, 2014
What plants. shrubs or trees can I plant to retard soil erosion on a steep shaded hillside in PA
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade tolerant plants for erosion from Austin
May 03, 2014
I live in Austin and my house backs up to Shoal Creek. I am looking for a native creeping vine or something that will grow on the shaded bank to help prevent erosion. It should be able to tolerate the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to grow under elm tree in Amarillo TX
May 01, 2014
I have a large elm tree and I can't get seem to get anything to grow under it. I was wondering if there are any shade-loving groundcovers that you would recommend (have tried English Ivy, hostas, an...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Flowering Shrub for Houston, TX
April 24, 2014
I live in Houston, Texas and would like to plant a flowering shrub 3-6 feet in height. It will get sun to part sun, 2-6 hours daily. I have had azaleas in this area and am now looking for something to...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vine for shady planter from Cedar Park TX
April 19, 2014
We bought a home in Central Texas and inherited several raised-bed planters. One of the planters is set up to grow a vine, but it's in a part of the yard that is mostly in the shade of a tree. Is t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 42 next >> 
417 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page