Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 46 next >> 
454 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Why doesn't my Rusty blackhead bloom?
April 10, 2016
I have planted Rusty blackhaws the past several years..some bloomed the first year and every year since....and others 3 years old have not bloomed yet... Do all Rusty blackhaws bloom eventually or ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

mixed species privacy hedge in Central Texas
March 24, 2016
I need to plant a privacy hedge along a fence line. I am in east Austin, blackland prairie soil. The soil is rich, usually at least moist but not soggy, and I find lots of worms when I dig. The fen...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ground cover plants for a shady North Carolina yard
March 20, 2016
Ground cover erosion control for heavily shaded area in Cary, North Carolina. Current landscapers use strong blowers for leaf control. This blows away any seeds, loose soil and mulch. Tree roots ar...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How much shade will Thunder Turf (Habiturf) take?
March 20, 2016
How much shade will Thunder Turf take?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade and Drought Tolerant Plants for Idaho Shade
March 18, 2016
I am looking for plants native to Idaho and/or the surrounding region (zone 6 or 7) that would do well in full shade conditions (adjacent to the north side of our house) and meet several criteria: Max...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ground covers for a shady spot in central Texas
February 23, 2016
I reside in Austin, Texas and need advice on my xeriscaping project. Portions of my front yard have always been a challenge to get grass to grow, so I have xeriscaped that area with Fairland Pink gran...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade, Heat, Drought and Acidic Soil Tolerant Perennials for Las Vegas?
November 28, 2015
What can I grow under my pine trees that is shade and heat (and acidity) tolerant? I live in Las Vegas, NV and would like perennials to plant under my pine trees.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ground cover for a Texas dog run
November 02, 2015
What ground cover do you recommend for a residential dog run located under a pergola in high limestone soil at White Rock Lake in Dallas, Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen shrub for Austin TX shade
October 24, 2015
I live in Austin, TX. I'm looking for a 4 season shrub for a partially shaded area that gets about 3 hours of sun towards the evening. It's mostly partially shaded.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Finding a source of Straggler daisy
October 14, 2015
I've decided on Straggler daisy but am having trouble finding it. It would be perfect for me. Do I have to wait until next Spring for it to show up? Can it be ordered through a nursery or a landscape...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 46 next >> 
454 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page