Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 43 next >> 
424 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
O.K. to grow grass under a live oak?
November 26, 2014
Is it a bad idea to plant grass around a mature live oak? We have erosion issues and trying to keep mulch in the beds around the tree groves is a challenge, even with edging. Much of the native dirt...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade grasses for central Texas
November 16, 2014
We are new to the area and bought a home this summer that has lots of shade in the very small backyard. The problem is that there was new sod laid in the backyard which now is 50% dead. We do not kno...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to grow under pine trees in Riverside, CA
October 15, 2014
Please tell me what plants would do well under pine trees in somewhat moist soil in Riverside, Ca. Also, I would prefer perennials that are easy to weed. (I currently have violets which are overrun wi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Texas Plants for a Terrarium
October 08, 2014
I have a 55-gallon aquarium that I would like to make into a terrarium. Are there any Texas native plants that would do well in the limited artificial light of the tank? The plants should be of varyin...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shady Container Plant for Austin
August 20, 2014
I am looking for a tall plant/small shrub/ornamental grass for a very large pot that is placed against the north wall of our Austin home. That spot gets some morning sun in the summer, but virtually ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Magnolia species are allelopathic
August 02, 2014
Have a healthy Southern Magnolia tree around 8 years old. It seems like everything I plant next to it dies.: Variegated Spirea, Stokes Aster, Hydrangeas. Is there something it secretes like the waln...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Austin thicket underlayer
July 25, 2014
We live in Austin, west of 183. We are planning to put a thicket in our backyard, where there is no threat of deer. Anchoring the thicket are a clump of live oaks, a Texas persimmon, an Eve's Necklac...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Competition between Horseherb and Chickweed
July 04, 2014
Ok, sorry I did it wrong the 1st time!? I live in Houston, and I have chickens! I also have mass amounts of Horseherb, and I want to buy some chickweed seeds and plant it for my chickens! My question ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildlife Attracting Plants for a Shady Patio
July 03, 2014
We have a concrete patio that receives 2-3 hours of sunlight a day, so the only plants we will be able to grow will be in container. We are looking for plants that do well in shade, and containers and...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for part shade in Albany NY
July 02, 2014
Hello! I'm looking for: a native ground cover, mostly shade with only some morning sun, on a slope, edible is preferred but not necessity, mostly clay type soil for the Albany, NY area. Thanks for yo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 43 next >> 
424 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page