Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 44 next >> 
432 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Plants for a Shaded Slope in Philadelphia
April 17, 2015
I have a small slope along the North side of my house in a suburb of Philadelphia. A small maple tree grows there but most of it gets no sun at all (a large segment is under the tree). I had the soil ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Plants for a Shaded Patio Container in Missouri
April 17, 2015
What kind of native plants would grow well in a pot on a fully shaded patio? I live in Kansas City, Missouri. The patio faces north and doesn't get any direct sunlight, but it gets lots of indirect...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Evergreen for Shady Back Yard in IL
April 16, 2015
I am looking for a native evergreen to provide bird shelter in my southeast facing small back yard. I would prefer a horizontal juniper but don't know if it could grow in the shade of the 8 or 9 matu...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcovers for Shade Under a Sweetgum
March 25, 2015
I have 3 large sweetgum trees that produce so much shade each summer, and grass, even grass meant for shade, won't grow here. It's become a barren desert! I have English ivy but it only seems to gro...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing mosses in the Pacific Northwest
February 05, 2015
Can you provide information on types of Mosses as well as Microferns in the Northwest Mountain region near Seattle? I assume that Mosses and Microferns are more resilient to foot traffic (i.e.Cush...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Small evergreen shrubs for part shade in Texas
January 31, 2015
Mr. Smarty Pants, I'm, for some reason, at odds with myself about a shrub decision. I have need about 8 ft of hedge-like evergreen shrub(s) that I can maintain around 4ft to go under a window. It...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Thorny vines for a shady Louisiana fence
January 17, 2015
Do you know of a fast growing, non-invasive, thorny vine that I can grow along a shady fence row in Baton Rouge, Louisiana?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a moist, wooded area in North Carolina
December 06, 2014
I am looking to plant some native flowers in a wooded area in Surry County NC. The chosen location is fully shaded beside a creek. The water table typically sets about 2 feet below the surface of th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

O.K. to grow grass under a live oak?
November 26, 2014
Is it a bad idea to plant grass around a mature live oak? We have erosion issues and trying to keep mulch in the beds around the tree groves is a challenge, even with edging. Much of the native dirt...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade grasses for central Texas
November 16, 2014
We are new to the area and bought a home this summer that has lots of shade in the very small backyard. The problem is that there was new sod laid in the backyard which now is 50% dead. We do not kno...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 44 next >> 
432 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page