Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 41 next >> 
408 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Vine for shady planter from Cedar Park TX
April 19, 2014
We bought a home in Central Texas and inherited several raised-bed planters. One of the planters is set up to grow a vine, but it's in a part of the yard that is mostly in the shade of a tree. Is t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vine to cover fence from Haverhill MA
April 17, 2014
Hello, I'm looking for a fast growing vine to cover a chain link fence. The area is sunny half of the day. I have 2 small children so I don't want something that attracts bees or could be dangerous ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Full Shade Plants for Muncy PA
April 10, 2014
I need a suggestion for almost full shade plants for central Pennsylvania.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Disagreement with HOA on raised beds placed beneath mature oak from Tequesta FL
April 05, 2014
I have mature 30 year old oak trees on my property and I put a raised bed under each with very good soil and I used pavers for retaining the soil about about 1.5 ft high. I planted a perennial begonia...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Narrow, Dry, Shaded Site in Georgia
April 03, 2014
I am writing from Valdosta, GA. Could you please suggest three perennial shrubs and/or plants that flower at different times of the spring and summer? Also ones that can be planted in a 2 ft. wide s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant Suggestions for Shady Site under Trees in Alabama
April 03, 2014
I live in Montgomery, AL and have a bare area (20' x 5) that's shady and soil erosion is a problem. Grass stops growing at the drip line of the trees here. Do you have any suggestions for growing s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Recovering neglected garden space from Grapevine TX
March 22, 2014
I live in Grapevine TX (Dallas). I just moved into a house where almost the entire large backyard is covered by oak trees that shed tons of leaves throughout our mild falls/winters. The yard has not...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade tolerant evergreens for privacy shield in Louisville KY
March 10, 2014
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, Our property is adjacent to the highway for ~ 200ft. I'm looking for partial-to-full shade tolerant evergreens that will grow to be relatively tall. Our soil is clay and g...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ground cover to control erosion in Montgomery County, Texas
February 24, 2014
I am looking for some kind of ground cover to control erosion on a north facing slope in Montgomery County, Texas. The area gets very little direct sunlight. I need something that will establish quick...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Low Ground Cover for Steep, Shaded PA Site
February 17, 2014
I am located in Downingtown, PA, right on the border between Zone 6 and 7. Please provide a recommendation of a native ground cover for the following conditions: steep slope (greater than 45%), full s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 41 next >> 
408 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page