Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 926 next >> 
9,260 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Ripe fruit of Melothria pendula (Guadaloupe cucumber)
July 22, 2014
I see the pictures of the guadualupe cucumber plant. The fruit is still green. When it matures does it look like a small tomato? I have noticed the vine when the fruit is ripe. This is in McLennan C...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Preparation of seeds of Cosmos parviflorus for planting
July 21, 2014
This is in regards to Cosmos Parviflorus. I reside directly outside of Big Bend National Park in Terlingua, TX. Cosmos Parviflorus grows naturally here and I have collected some seeds from a couple of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fast-spreading desert-type tree with thorns in yard
July 21, 2014
There is a fast spreading tree in my backyard - many multiple almost symmetric flat green oval leaves on either side of the stem (sort of like a moringa tree but this is not that). Grows straight up, ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Controlling live oak suckers in Florida
July 20, 2014
How do I kill emerging live oak sprouts comming from mature tree root system
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Tall plant with bell-shaped upside-down white flowers
July 18, 2014
2 tall plants grew outside my suburban New York house in June, blossomed late June. They looked like giant asparagus stalks, and the flowers were white, bell shaped, upside down, look like fairy skirt...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pollination of Fendlera rupicola
July 17, 2014
How/by what is Fendlera rupicola pollinated?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Purple leatherflower with white bloom
July 17, 2014
A couple of years ago at the wildflower center native plant sale I bought a purple leatherflower according to the tag. This is the first year it has bloomed and the blooms are pure white. The shape ma...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Gaura Plants Dying In PA
July 16, 2014
I had six gaura plants. They were beautiful last year. Now I have one that is doing well and the others are dying slowly one at a time. I don't understand this. They are on a slight slope and have ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Starting Yarrow (Achillea) and Daucus from Seed
July 16, 2014
I need to deadhead my cottage yarrow. I assume it has gone to seed. What do I do to plant it as seed? If I can do it, can I do it now or do I need to wait until spring. If I need to wait until spring,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Cutting Garden Plants for TN
July 16, 2014
I would like to know what would be in a year round cutting garden in Nashville, TN for a novel I am writing.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 926 next >>