Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 29 next >> 
290 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Groundcover for Shady Front Beds in OK
July 15, 2014
I need a groundcover for my front beds in Edmond, OK that are moist and in full shade. The groundcover would primarily be around and under a Japanese maple. Low maintenance is preferred.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Filler for between flagstones in Michigan
July 05, 2014
I have a natural shoreline project underway (replacing a seawall) with all native Michigan plants replacing the lawn as well. A flagstone walkway is going in and I wanted "moss" type filler in betw...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Competition between Horseherb and Chickweed
July 04, 2014
Ok, sorry I did it wrong the 1st time!? I live in Houston, and I have chickens! I also have mass amounts of Horseherb, and I want to buy some chickweed seeds and plant it for my chickens! My question ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for part shade in Albany NY
July 02, 2014
Hello! I'm looking for: a native ground cover, mostly shade with only some morning sun, on a slope, edible is preferred but not necessity, mostly clay type soil for the Albany, NY area. Thanks for yo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting creeping phlox for a groundcover
June 13, 2014
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I live in Southwestern PA (zip code 15065). I have a small slope on my property that is hard for me to mow. I would like to cover it with creeping phlox, which I saw on t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Phyla lanceolata (frogfruit) poisonous to dogs fromTitusville FL?
June 01, 2014
Is Phyla lanceolata, also called Fogfruit, Lanceleaf Fogfruit, or Northern Fogfruit, toxic to dogs? We have it growing amongst our grass. I can't find it on any toxic plant list.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcovers for North Central Texas
May 27, 2014
I have a very large area that is in Palo Pinto County, Texas. We tried to plant grass but it never established. I'm looking for a ground cover that does well in shade (lots of oak tees) and is semi d...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Perennial ground cover for hillside in Holmdel NJ
April 25, 2014
I live in NJ. I would like to use a perennial ground cover for my landscaping bed on a hill with full sun and deer resistant. It's a good size landscaping bed that is facing east (southeast). What...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replacing St. Augustine grass from Dallas TX
April 10, 2014
Dear Mr. Pants, we are replacing dying St. Augustine grass in a small, sunny back yard with ground cover. What are your recommendations for a drought-tolerant evergreen ground cover? We will till a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Erosion controlling Groundcover for Phenix AL
March 30, 2014
Hi I am trying to find a grass or ground cover to control erosion on firing range berms which are 1:1 grade on a firing range outside of Phenix City AL. Sandy clay soil, direct sunlight almost all day...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 29 next >> 
290 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page