Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 30 next >> 
293 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Drought-Tolerant, Evergreen Groundcover for CA
August 21, 2014
We are looking for a drought tolerant, evergreen groundcover for California. I am considering Sarcococca hookeriana and Cotoneaster dammeri but don't know if they're the best options for the area. I...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Late Blooming Wildflowers for Round Rock
August 06, 2014
I thought this would be a previously answered question but found nothing in the data base. My question is: in Central Texas what can be grown for some color or interest in a wildflower area when the w...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for a wet hillside in the San Juan Islands
July 30, 2014
I live on Orcas Island in WA state. We have a place on the water and want to plant something that is no taller than 2-3 feet, lower if possible, on a hillside. The hillside gets lots of sun, yet als...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for Shady Front Beds in OK
July 15, 2014
I need a groundcover for my front beds in Edmond, OK that are moist and in full shade. The groundcover would primarily be around and under a Japanese maple. Low maintenance is preferred.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Filler for between flagstones in Michigan
July 05, 2014
I have a natural shoreline project underway (replacing a seawall) with all native Michigan plants replacing the lawn as well. A flagstone walkway is going in and I wanted "moss" type filler in betw...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Competition between Horseherb and Chickweed
July 04, 2014
Ok, sorry I did it wrong the 1st time!? I live in Houston, and I have chickens! I also have mass amounts of Horseherb, and I want to buy some chickweed seeds and plant it for my chickens! My question ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for part shade in Albany NY
July 02, 2014
Hello! I'm looking for: a native ground cover, mostly shade with only some morning sun, on a slope, edible is preferred but not necessity, mostly clay type soil for the Albany, NY area. Thanks for yo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting creeping phlox for a groundcover
June 13, 2014
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I live in Southwestern PA (zip code 15065). I have a small slope on my property that is hard for me to mow. I would like to cover it with creeping phlox, which I saw on t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Phyla lanceolata (frogfruit) poisonous to dogs fromTitusville FL?
June 01, 2014
Is Phyla lanceolata, also called Fogfruit, Lanceleaf Fogfruit, or Northern Fogfruit, toxic to dogs? We have it growing amongst our grass. I can't find it on any toxic plant list.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcovers for North Central Texas
May 27, 2014
I have a very large area that is in Palo Pinto County, Texas. We tried to plant grass but it never established. I'm looking for a ground cover that does well in shade (lots of oak tees) and is semi d...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 30 next >> 
293 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page