Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 31 next >> 
308 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Groundcovers for Shade Under a Sweetgum
March 25, 2015
I have 3 large sweetgum trees that produce so much shade each summer, and grass, even grass meant for shade, won't grow here. It's become a barren desert! I have English ivy but it only seems to gro...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for Road Frontage in NC
March 12, 2015
I need a fast growing ground cover or perennial flower for 1,000 feet of road frontage about one acre that will choke out weeds. I do not want to do much ground prep or any ground prep. I do not want...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need ground cover plants to grow in the shade a large oak in San Antonio, TX
March 09, 2015
We have a large backyard in San Antonio covered with live oak and red oak. Since grass does not do well in this shade / bright shade area I would like to plant a low growing ground cover and then add...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Compatibility of mixed ground covers with St. Agustine grass
March 04, 2015
My husband and I live in Northwest Austin. We have removed lawn from our front yard and replaced it with mulch and some trees and other plantings. We would like to replace the lawn in our backyard ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Strip Groundcover for Austin, TX
February 19, 2015
I live in a condo in Austin (near N Lamar and North Loop), and am on the HOA board. There is a small strip of land along the back of the units, used mostly for access for maintenance - it ranges from ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Phytoremediation using Paspalum vaginatum
February 06, 2015
Do you know of any on-going research using Paspalum vaginatum as the prime plant (monoculture) for use in phytoremediation. Utilizing this plant in Vegetated Swales, Spreader Swales, Grassy Swales,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing mosses in the Pacific Northwest
February 05, 2015
Can you provide information on types of Mosses as well as Microferns in the Northwest Mountain region near Seattle? I assume that Mosses and Microferns are more resilient to foot traffic (i.e.Cush...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Low Groundcover for Washington State
February 03, 2015
I'm trying to find a perfect fit for my piece of land in the State of Washington. I would say that the area is partly sunny and a somewhat moist area. I'm looking for a species of very small everg...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a sunny, sandy site in Central Texas
January 22, 2015
I live between La Grange and Schulenburg, Texas. My soil is sandy. Full sun, no trees. I am a senior citizen with limited funds who is allergic to Rye and Bermuda grass. I tried planting a lawn of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to grow between concrete pavers on the patio in Rock Hill, SC..
December 31, 2014
I have a patio of concrete pavers, about 2 feet by 2 feet each. It gets very little sun. No morning sun at all. The zoysia grass we have between the pavers now does not grow well at all. Do you ha...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 31 next >> 
308 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page