En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 33 next >> 
327 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

Does Calyptocarpus vialis (Horseherb) compete with turf grasses
October 05, 2015
For my yard in central Austin Does horse herb, Calyptocarpus vialis help or damage the growth of native short grasses? The grasses include Curly Mesquite and Blue Gamma planted early in the spring or...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Low, Easy Care Perennials for Lake Ontario Shore Planting
October 04, 2015
I'm on Lake Ontario in New York. I have a lake bank slope, that’s about 1/8 mile long and about 40 feet high, and is on about a 40 degree angle. It is very hard to keep clear. The bank has just been ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Low Groundcovers for Pennsylvania
September 18, 2015
Hi Mr Smarty Plants, I'm looking for a low growing grass or ground cover for an area that is between my neighbors horse fence and mine it is about 2 feet wide 30 ft long. It is impossible to mow and ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for Shade in Spicewood
September 16, 2015
We live in Spicewood area in Austin, TX. Our front yard is yellow almost all summer, I was thinking of replacing lawn with a ground cover which can live on once a week sprinkler and no mowing. Also th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Where to find Horseherb seed
August 02, 2015
I would like to purchase some Horseherb seeds. Can you tell me where I can do that? Either locally or on line. Thank you.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Lawn for a Shady & Wet area in Austin, TX
July 22, 2015
We have a drainage area that has appeared in our back yard since the neighbors’ homes were built. When we get heavy rains (like this year) all their drainage flows into our back yard and forms a river...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover Planting in Shiro TX
July 09, 2015
I have been collecting seeds from White Avens and Texas Sedge to use as ground covers. What is the optimal time to plant these seeds? We have been experiencing heavy rains in our area lately, so I am ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcovers to choke out invasive species in Virginia
June 08, 2015
My yard has open woods and dappled light with clay soil. Thirty years ago we removed huge briars and since English Ivy was getting in by itself, we thought we would let it come; unfortunately, it not ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for shady slope in clay soil
May 20, 2015
I need to stop erosion on a very shady, sloping side of my house. It is cly soil. We drive our rider mower over it to get to the grassy area in our yard. What perennial ground over might work? Thank...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting Garry Oak in Kinnikinnick in WA
May 09, 2015
I want to plant a Garry Oak tree in my backyard in an area currently covered in kinnikinnick planted by the previous homeowner. The kinnikinnick covers a large area - about 10 feet in diameter. Even...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 33 next >> 
327 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page