Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 34 next >> 
337 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Groundcover for sunny slope in Minnesota
May 24, 2016
Hi, I'm from Apple Valley, MN. We backyard has large slope areas that get sun through out the day. We have huge weed and buck thorn problem. Can you please suggest a good ground covering plant that gr...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fast Growing Groundcovers for Long Island
March 18, 2016
Can you please suggest a few fast growing groundcovers suitable for the south shore of Long Island? The area is fairly sunny and dry.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ground covers for a shady spot in central Texas
February 23, 2016
I reside in Austin, Texas and need advice on my xeriscaping project. Portions of my front yard have always been a challenge to get grass to grow, so I have xeriscaped that area with Fairland Pink gran...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Flowering Shade Plant for California
February 21, 2016
I have a house north facing that has a "flower bed" in front that unfortunately is shaded 100% of the time. There are roses in the bed currently (they came with the house) but they do poorly. We are...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vinca as a groundcover
February 11, 2016
Someone told me that Vinca would be a great ground cover for my very large mostly shaded area. How can I establish it and where can I get it? Thanks in advance.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pet Friendly Groundcovers for CA
January 23, 2016
I am looking for pet friendly, groundcover plants in San Jose, CA.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Straggler Daisy as a Groundcover in Salado, TX
October 30, 2015
I've identified Straggler Daisy or Horseherb as the plant to cover my 20 x 40 partly shady partly sunny lot. Could you provide me with the best method for starting and growing the plant to ensure it ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Creekside Groundcover for Upstate New York
October 22, 2015
I live in Upstate New York in Rochester. Our winters can have lows of -10 at night at times. I have 1,300 linear feet of creekside land that seniors can view from their homes. Because of the brush, it...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Finding a source of Straggler daisy
October 14, 2015
I've decided on Straggler daisy but am having trouble finding it. It would be perfect for me. Do I have to wait until next Spring for it to show up? Can it be ordered through a nursery or a landscape...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen for sunny, dry area under a maple in Connecticut
October 10, 2015
I have a sloped, very sunny, dry area under a maple. I was wondering if Sweet Fern would be a likely candidate for this area. I would like it to be evergreen and to be able to survive under mounds of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 34 next >> 
337 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page