Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 32 next >> 
316 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Groundcover Suggestion for OK
April 24, 2015
I need your suggestion for a groundcover for a flower bed in the sun and in the shade in Oklahoma.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native ground cover for bare ground
April 24, 2015
I have a 20 x 40 foot partly sunny area that has only leaves covering the bare ground. I want to replace the leaves with ground cover. Can I mix ground covers like clover, asian jasmine, etc? I would ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shady Groundcovers for NC
April 23, 2015
I have a side yard that gets very little sun during the day and have tried St. Augustine grass unsuccessfully. Can you recommend a groundcover? We live close to the coast in Southeastern N. Carolina...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Straggler daisy as a ground cover in Florida
April 21, 2015
I live in Hillsborough county,FL. My yard has two large oak trees and is very shady. I am looking for a shade resistant ground cover that will do well for a yard used by children to play. I was told...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen groundcovers for NE NC
April 20, 2015
Can you please provide a list of evergreen native groundcovers for Northeastern NC?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Lawn Options for Saginaw, MI
April 09, 2015
I'm looking for a low maintenance, high traffic lawn alternative. Will Texas Frogfruit handle the winter? My yard is small so covering it is an option.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Grasses for Houston, TX
April 06, 2015
What native grasses can I use for my lawn in Houston, TX? It appears that Habiturf is not recommended for our climate. Is there another variety of seed available yet that I can use to start a small ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Groundcover Suggestions for Under Florida Oak Trees
April 03, 2015
I am looking for native plants that will do well under several oak trees in Northeast Florida. My yard doesn't get much sun and I'm told I have acidic soil. Are the any plants that would do well wit...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcovers for Shade Under a Sweetgum
March 25, 2015
I have 3 large sweetgum trees that produce so much shade each summer, and grass, even grass meant for shade, won't grow here. It's become a barren desert! I have English ivy but it only seems to gro...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for Road Frontage in NC
March 12, 2015
I need a fast growing ground cover or perennial flower for 1,000 feet of road frontage about one acre that will choke out weeds. I do not want to do much ground prep or any ground prep. I do not want...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 32 next >> 
316 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page