En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 30 next >> 
300 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Plants for a sunny, sandy site in Central Texas
January 22, 2015
I live between La Grange and Schulenburg, Texas. My soil is sandy. Full sun, no trees. I am a senior citizen with limited funds who is allergic to Rye and Bermuda grass. I tried planting a lawn of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to grow between concrete pavers on the patio in Rock Hill, SC..
December 31, 2014
I have a patio of concrete pavers, about 2 feet by 2 feet each. It gets very little sun. No morning sun at all. The zoysia grass we have between the pavers now does not grow well at all. Do you ha...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

O.K. to grow grass under a live oak?
November 26, 2014
Is it a bad idea to plant grass around a mature live oak? We have erosion issues and trying to keep mulch in the beds around the tree groves is a challenge, even with edging. Much of the native dirt...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Horseherb planting in Richardson, TX
October 18, 2014
What is the best time to plant 4" pots of Horseherb?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for Critical Area Buffer Zone in Maryland
October 06, 2014
Help RE: Maryland Critical Area Buffer Zone. Is there a low or no- mow grass native to Maryland that can be used in a Critical Area Buffer Zone. The area is Sunny/Clay. Or can you recommend a grou...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Alternative for HABITURF® in Contra Costa County, CA
September 17, 2014
We live in Kensington, just north of Berkeley, in the San Francisco area. We intend to get rid of our water consuming lawn and we are wondering what kind of alternative you would suggest. You don't s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for shade in Duval County, Florida
September 17, 2014
What low growing ground cover would be good for a lake edge area. This area is shaded with overlying woodland type trees. I planted some autumn ferns but they have getting overrun with poison ivy. I a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought-Tolerant, Evergreen Groundcover for CA
August 21, 2014
We are looking for a drought tolerant, evergreen groundcover for California. I am considering Sarcococca hookeriana and Cotoneaster dammeri but don't know if they're the best options for the area. I...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Late Blooming Wildflowers for Round Rock
August 06, 2014
I thought this would be a previously answered question but found nothing in the data base. My question is: in Central Texas what can be grown for some color or interest in a wildflower area when the w...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for a wet hillside in the San Juan Islands
July 30, 2014
I live on Orcas Island in WA state. We have a place on the water and want to plant something that is no taller than 2-3 feet, lower if possible, on a hillside. The hillside gets lots of sun, yet als...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 30 next >> 
300 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page