Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 next >> 
78 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Deterring geese from a wildflower garden
February 28, 2015
I've moved into a home with a large pond beyond the grass yard. I intend to plant a sunflower house with lots of other plants as part of the structure, such as flowering vines, clover, mint and thyme...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to replace Phragmites australis (Common reed) in Cedar Ridge Preserve
February 25, 2015
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I live in the DFW area and volunteer at a preserve (Cedar Ridge). We are constantly battling the common reed, Phragmites australis, around the pond. I am wondering what shou...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Eliminating Najas flexilis from a pond
December 22, 2014
What method would be effective in eliminating Najas Flexilis from a pond?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Specifying sizes of plants for pond edge plantings in Austin area
December 19, 2014
I am working on a list of pond edge plantings for the Austin area that will be in the fluctuation zone and I have my list of my plants but I need to know how to spec the sizes and to make sure my list...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Erosion control for edge of artificial lake in California
August 14, 2013
How about erosion control at the edge of an artificial lake in Southern California? Juncus and ..?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for freestanding water in Oklahoma
July 28, 2013
I have an overflowing gutter and the ground below becomes a muddy hole. I'd like to put a basin or pot in/or above the ground with a rain chain. Are there any plants--shrubs or otherwise that flouris...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to keep plants alive in a pot beside a patio waterfall.
May 13, 2013
Mr. Smarty Plants, I have a waterfall on my patio and I can't keep my plants alive in the flower pot next to waterfall. Is that beacuse of algae produced by waterfall? If so, can you please recomme...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Source for Saltmarsh cordgrass from Houston
April 16, 2013
I work for a consulting firm and we are looking to do more of our wetland creation/restoration. Do you know where one can purchased Spartina alterniflora?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer Resistant Pond Plants
March 14, 2013
I am looking for deer resistant aquatic plants to use around a natural swimming pond in San Marcos, TX. The plants will be used to filter the water in a separate section of the pond. There will be a p...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Tropical Texas landscape from Houston
March 04, 2013
Do you know of any public (or at least photographed) place in Texas that has been landscaped entirely with native "tropical-looking" (i.e. evergreen but NOT conifer and NOT succulent/arid) species? ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 next >> 
78 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page