Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 28 next >> 
277 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Looking for a Privacy Barrier Plant for NC
August 21, 2014
I am trying to determine the best plant for a privacy barrier for my area in NC that has clay soil. I have a 6 foot high fence but need something 12 feet or taller. It has to be something that does no...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen sumacs for privacy along fence
August 02, 2014
I would like to plant enough Evergreen Sumacs along our fence for privacy for the length of our backyard which is 60 ft. Fifteen feet on the left and right ends are shaded with the right side being d...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Privacy Hedge for Maryland Porch
July 03, 2014
I am working on a screen/fence, which is a barrier hedge between our house and our next door neighbor's house to add privacy to our screen porch and dining area, especially in winter. The fence would...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Screening Plants for Cape Cod
June 17, 2014
I need to plant some fairly high growing leafy plants/bushes/trees for privacy and as a sound barrier in (the remains of) a pine forest in Cape Cod, MA. The pines grow tall and skinny so that we can s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pfluegerville Screening Hedge
May 25, 2014
We live just north of Austin in a subdivision built on farm land so we have relatively flat land with good soil. We just put in a pool and are needing a privacy hedge along our 66 ft back fence. We ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Privacy Hedge Suggestions for Tampa, Florida
May 15, 2014
My back wall is made of stone and is about 6' high. We are very close to a busy road. I need a plant that will reach about 7-8 feet high or a hedge to reduce some of the noise. What plant/hedge would...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Privacy Trees for Pleasanton, CA
April 30, 2014
I was looking for some fast growing trees for my backyard that backs up to Valley Ave in Pleasanton, Ca. The city just cut down 4 Redwoods behind me and there is so much noise from the traffic now Ca...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Privacy Hedge for Dripping Springs, TX
April 25, 2014
We live in Dripping Springs, TX and are looking to find a suggestion for privacy hedges that are non-toxic to dogs, drought resistant, can handle rocky soil and full sun. We prefer flowering hedges. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade tolerant plants for privacy from Larchmont NY
April 19, 2014
Love your site! We have a 4'x4'x50' stone wall, full sun, with a planting bed 30"H by 24"D. We're looking for privacy, so a hedge with pruning is needed. We have looked at Ilex Crenata (8'),...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant mistakes from Cedar Park, TX
April 09, 2014
At our "Wilts End" in Cedar Park, TX. and are looking for a tall shrub/tree that will hide a 6-ft tall concrete wall and muffle the noise from a busy street. The wall forms a very wide-angled V shap...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 28 next >> 
277 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page