En Espa—ol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 31 next >> 
303 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Evergreen privacy screen
August 10, 2015
We are looking for a good plant(s) that would provide a privacy screen by our fence. We were looking at clumping bamboo (maybe black) because it grows quickly and it not too thick. The new plants woul...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Barrier Shrubs for North Carolina
July 11, 2015
Need a spiny barrier shrub that will grow in North Carolina shady rain forest (4,000 feet elevation) to deter trespassers wading down a creek from climbing on a private nature path that we constructed...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Looking for an evergreen vine to grow on trellis as a privacy screen
July 11, 2015
Hello, I'm looking for an evergreen vine to grow on a free standing trellis. It is used as a screen on our back porch, so ideally we would not like to use anything that flowers due to the insects ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Draought-tolerant screening shrub for Shasta County, California
July 08, 2015
It has been suggested to me that I plant phodocarpus 'maki' along my fence for needed privacy due to it's dimensions. I need something that does not grow too wide. I would not be pruning them as I ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Dog-safe Privacy Screen for Ocala, FL
June 25, 2015
Am desperately searching for fast growing privacy that would be non toxic to dogs in Ocala, Florida (zone 9 I think). Wanted Leland cypress but due to toxicity it won't work.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native vine for a privacy fence in Austin, TX.
June 16, 2015
I have a vacant lot in Greenshores that has two 6' iron fences. Neighbor planted some sort of vine that grows up and along fence for privacy, white flowers when in bloom, I assume its Jasmine? On ne...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade Trees for Flagstaff AZ
June 14, 2015
I live in Flagstaff, AZ and in need of good shade trees all around the house. We live in the Doney Park area (east of Flagstaff) and it is very windy in the spring time. We need the trees for priva...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fence Shrub for Sugarland, TX
June 08, 2015
Hello I live in Sugar Land TX, I am looking for a fast growing shrub to plant along my six foot wood fence for a privacy screen. There is not a lot of room for them to grow in width but there is pl...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

May 01, 2015
Greetings! I am hoping to gain privacy on a 30' swath with existing 6' privacy fence, I need about 14' of height to hide unsightly apartments. Location is full sun without a nearby spigot, I can ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fast Growing Shrub for Oceanside New York Site
April 17, 2015
Can you recommend a tall, fast-growing shrub for a sandy location (near an ocean beach in New York) in full sun? Iím looking for a privacy shield.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 31 next >> 
303 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page