Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 30 next >> 
293 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Need plants to provide a privacy screen in Cedar Creek, TX
March 31, 2015
We need to screen out neighbor's house. What can we plant (fast growing tree or hedge) in partial shade? Area is dry in summer, but does get soggy during heavy rain. We live east of Austin in Cedar C...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Screen Tree for Lockhart, TX.
March 30, 2015
What is a good screening tree for a ranch in the Lockhart area that won't get much water.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vine for Chain Link Fence in Virginia
March 25, 2015
I am from Great Falls, Virginia. I would like to know what the best vine is to grow on aluminum fences to cover them up quickly but also doesn't damage expensive fences in a long term?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vines for Madison, Wisconsin
March 12, 2015
What are some good options for non-aggressive native vines for southern Wisconsin? I am looking for something that can cover a chain-link fence and benefit local insects. I don't want it to take ov...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen shrub for Austin TX
February 28, 2015
I am wanting an evergreen shrub 6-8 ft tall to use as a screen in our backyard. Do you have any suggestions?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen privacy screen in California
February 18, 2015
Hello, My family and I just bought a house in Paradise CA. I want to.plant privacy plants that are native to northern California. I would like the plant to be green all year but drought resistant if...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Small evergreen shrubs for part shade in Texas
January 31, 2015
Mr. Smarty Pants, I'm, for some reason, at odds with myself about a shrub decision. I have need about 8 ft of hedge-like evergreen shrub(s) that I can maintain around 4ft to go under a window. It...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Redwood as a Screening Tree for Santa Cruz Garden?
January 20, 2015
I have a small yard in Santa Cruz, CA and we have to hide/distract from a power line. My husband is demanding a redwood. Is this sane? The space it will have to grow in is about 20x20. What species of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer-resistant trees for privacy in Texas
January 09, 2015
I need to find a deer resistant tall shrub or tree to plant and hide the deer fence my neighbor just put up on our property line. My property has full sun in parts and mostly shady in other parts and ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen tree for privacy screen in Granbury Texas
December 21, 2014
We need to put an evergreen privacy screen between our barn and our neighbor's new 132' long, unattractive building, which runs along & is just 40' away from our fence line & where they have decid...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 30 next >> 
293 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page