Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 27 next >> 
269 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Shade tolerant plants for privacy from Larchmont NY
April 19, 2014
Love your site! We have a 4'x4'x50' stone wall, full sun, with a planting bed 30"H by 24"D. We're looking for privacy, so a hedge with pruning is needed. We have looked at Ilex Crenata (8'),...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant mistakes from Cedar Park, TX
April 09, 2014
At our "Wilts End" in Cedar Park, TX. and are looking for a tall shrub/tree that will hide a 6-ft tall concrete wall and muffle the noise from a busy street. The wall forms a very wide-angled V shap...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native vine for privacy on metal mesh fence from Houston
March 20, 2014
Is there a native vine that does not get top heavy in order to provide privacy from the bottom to the top on an expanded metal mesh fence? It's okay if it dies back, but prefer for it to be evergree...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Privacy screen for Pace Florida
March 10, 2014
We live in the Florida panhandle and I wondering what we could use as a natural fence line between our property and the neighbor's. I love the look of oleander, but upon research found it to be toxic...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade tolerant evergreens for privacy shield in Louisville KY
March 10, 2014
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, Our property is adjacent to the highway for ~ 200ft. I'm looking for partial-to-full shade tolerant evergreens that will grow to be relatively tall. Our soil is clay and g...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrubs for a barrier in Ft. Worth TX
February 22, 2014
Hello, I'm looking for a natural barrier as an alternative to a fence in my backyard. I see several other questions answered relating to this but I'm looking for something specifically as a nativ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Low-Maintenance Hedge for Massachusetts
February 17, 2014
I want to put in a native low-maintenance hedge in a sunny spot with plants that can take dry soil. I would like the plants to grow to less than 4 feet wide. It can be an informal hedge, but I don't ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Privacy screen for Canyon Lake, TX
February 07, 2014
I need some help. I live near the Guadalupe River in Canyon Lake, TX and my backyard faces a busy street. I need a fast growing thick shrub for my backyard for privacy since I cannot afford a fence at...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Natural privacy hedge for Kyle Texas
January 06, 2014
I am looking to make a natural privacy screen in the Kyle Texas area. I am being pointed towards Leyland Cypress by some and told to shy away from this tree by others. I found Green Giant Arborvitae a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Thoughts on non-native Italian Cypress in Austin
January 01, 2014
I would like to know your thoughts on growing Italian Cypress trees in Austin Texas? We are looking to create a privacy screen(and prepared to pay more for mature trees to cut down the wait to grow...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 27 next >> 
269 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page