Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 29 next >> 
283 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Replacement for waxleaf privet
December 15, 2014
i just removed some waxleaf privet due to reading about the invasive and allergy problem to it. Is indian hawthorn blueberry muffin any better? what shrub do you recommend? I want it to grow about 6-1...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Seven foot privacy fence in Tucson
November 25, 2014
I am looking for a privacy hedge for a home in Tucson, Arizona that will be in full sun. Needs to be at least seven foot tall and low water and maintenance. Any suggestions.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replacement for Amber Jubilee Ninebark in California
November 22, 2014
AMBER JUBILEE bush separating my neighbor and me, is spreading its roots into our water pipes. Want to rip out. What plants are root friendly and also give you privacy?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Care of non-native Buddha Belly bamboos
November 08, 2014
I have several budha belly bamboos. They froze down last winter. I have got them back to 5 ft. I need them around 8-10 for privacy. Any suggestions? Also how to I protect them this winter?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

California Vine for Privacy Screening
November 06, 2014
I have a two story house going up behind my back yard. I would like to plant a climbing vine with non-invasive roots to provide privacy. I live in Los Angeles and the trellis would receive almost full...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need shrubs for a privacy screen in Glendale CA
October 30, 2014
Dear. Mr. Smarty Plants I need to grow a tall hedge 15-20 feet minimum to block a condo complex which overlooks my back yard. I need a fast growing hedge which is non toxic to dogs and one which roo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Looking for a Privacy Barrier Plant for NC
August 21, 2014
I am trying to determine the best plant for a privacy barrier for my area in NC that has clay soil. I have a 6 foot high fence but need something 12 feet or taller. It has to be something that does no...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen sumacs for privacy along fence
August 02, 2014
I would like to plant enough Evergreen Sumacs along our fence for privacy for the length of our backyard which is 60 ft. Fifteen feet on the left and right ends are shaded with the right side being d...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Privacy Hedge for Maryland Porch
July 03, 2014
I am working on a screen/fence, which is a barrier hedge between our house and our next door neighbor's house to add privacy to our screen porch and dining area, especially in winter. The fence would...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Screening Plants for Cape Cod
June 17, 2014
I need to plant some fairly high growing leafy plants/bushes/trees for privacy and as a sound barrier in (the remains of) a pine forest in Cape Cod, MA. The pines grow tall and skinny so that we can s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 29 next >> 
283 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page