Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 5 next >> 
46 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Restoring a native prairie
July 28, 2014
Can you recommend a consultant to help my husband and me re-establish a native prairie on approximately 25 acres near Fredericksburg, TX? Does the Wildflower Center have such a consulting service? ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildflower Meadow for Poth, TX
January 22, 2014
I recently cleared some underbrush from a virgin pasture, with large oaks and mesquites scattered through it, and was wondering if it was too late to plant wildflowers? If not, what varieties of wildf...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Revegetation of school site with meadow plants from Austin
December 23, 2013
We are revegetating a hill country school site (typical calciferous soil stripped of vegetation & minimal topsoil) with a native seed mix equal to Native American Seed "Meadow Mix". We have an abund...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Grasses for a prairie in southeast Texas
September 30, 2013
We have a small place (about 100 acres) in Colorado County, Texas, on the Colorado River north of the town of Weimar. We are gradually clearing (bulldozing) the woods of cedars. One particular spot ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Use of cedar/juniper mulch in wildflower meadows
August 31, 2013
What to do with freshly shredded cedar/juniper mulch? We have a pile of freshly ground cedar mulch that we can either keep in a large pile until it has composted(but the neighbors are complaining), or...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Timing for mowing wildflower meadow
August 29, 2013
Last spring (2012) we planted a wildflower/shortgrass meadow on a caliche slope surrounding the back of our house. We terraced with rocks and spread some topsoil thinly before sowing the seed. It di...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildflower garden for Driftwood, TX
August 20, 2013
I would like to plant wildflowers in a fairly large field on a slope. The slope is a little rocky and is located in Driftwood, TX. I have been thinking about a mixture of Bluebonnets and Indian Blank...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Developing fields with native plants from New Egypt NJ
July 24, 2013
I have several acres of fields that I want to develop with native grasses and flowers. I would like to know the best time to mow the fields so that bushes and volunteer trees don't take over and that...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Recreating a wildflower meadow, central Texas
July 02, 2013
We have an acre on our property that has bluebonnets. Unfortunately, it also has other plants that we don't want -Johnson grass, nettles, burrs. We plan to do a controlled burn in the fall and re-...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Creating a wildflower meadow
May 18, 2013
I have an area 1-6 acres worth that is currently grass that I would like to overseed with wildflower seed. The local native plant nursery says that would be a waste. I don't really want to kill gra...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 5 next >> 
46 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page