Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 29 next >> 
281 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Low growing annuals for OK shaded slope.
January 26, 2016
I have a heavily shaded slope on the north, west, and south side of my home. Can you suggest some low growing annuals (flowering, or not) that would allow me to beautify my property.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hillside Groundcovers for Pollinating Insects in Wisconsin
November 28, 2015
I am looking for native plants for a project around Hudson, Wisconsin. We are to choose native plants to be seeded next spring 2016. They are to be planted on a hillside under and around solar panels ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Erosion Control Shrubs and Groundcovers for Steep NY Wooded Slope
November 28, 2015
I need to cover a couple of very steep slopes in upstate New York that are partially wooded and near a brook. The slopes are about 130 feet back from the brook. Someone estimated that there is a coupl...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Recommendations for a steep slope in Arlington, VA
September 10, 2015
I have a side yard area about 35' long and 10' wide. It is very steep and get full sun. I recently I removed all the weeds down to dirt. I want to do low maintenance plants with mulch.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Connecticut Plants for a Steep Slope
September 09, 2015
I am looking for the best plants to retain a steep, dry, fully shaded slope in zone 5, Connecticut. It must be deer resistant. Plant height is not a factor.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Erosion controlling plants for a shady Minnesota lakeside
August 11, 2015
I live about 50 yards from a lake and there is a steep embankment. Recently someone decided to cut the trees off the embankment and now the dirt is eroding off the embankment as well as off my back ya...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Stopping erosion on bank of a Florida retention pond
July 21, 2015
I live on a retention pond, which has had all vegetation killed by the lake doctor. As a result the bank has eroded so there is a drop off directly to the water rather than a sloping bank. What plan...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hillside Erosion in Pace FL
July 17, 2015
I have a hillside that slopes down about 10 feet to a spring fed pond. The pond drains into Escambia Bay. We have 2 dams with culverts to control the flow of water. Last year during a torrential ra...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Rocky Stream Bank Plants for Dallas, TX
July 02, 2015
Need live stake shrubbery or tree ideas for a rocky stream bank prone to high water. Thank you
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant for Erosion Control on Wooded Slope in MD
May 19, 2015
We are looking for a plant to help with erosion control on a wooded slope next to our drive. The roots of several of the trees are exposed like a shelf, so I think it's a fairly severe problem. We ar...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 29 next >> 
281 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page