Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 28 next >> 
273 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Rocky Stream Bank Plants for Dallas, TX
July 02, 2015
Need live stake shrubbery or tree ideas for a rocky stream bank prone to high water. Thank you
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant for Erosion Control on Wooded Slope in MD
May 19, 2015
We are looking for a plant to help with erosion control on a wooded slope next to our drive. The roots of several of the trees are exposed like a shelf, so I think it's a fairly severe problem. We ar...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildflowers for floodplain near Denton, TX
March 22, 2015
Hello, I am a member of my HOA board and am researching the possibility of filling in our floodplains with wildflowers. Currently the floodplains are grass only and span a few acres. Our goal is to t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Grasses for a pasture in Hays County, Texas with horses
March 20, 2015
I intend to sow grass seed over a few acres of pasture on which I'll have a couple of horses in Driftwood, TX. I'd like to know what variety of seed(s) would be most beneficial to the land - and th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for Road Frontage in NC
March 12, 2015
I need a fast growing ground cover or perennial flower for 1,000 feet of road frontage about one acre that will choke out weeds. I do not want to do much ground prep or any ground prep. I do not want...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native border plants to stop erosion
February 18, 2015
I need native border plants to assist in stopping soil erosion due to water run off from rain and the Catawba River.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Phytoremediation using Paspalum vaginatum
February 06, 2015
Do you know of any on-going research using Paspalum vaginatum as the prime plant (monoculture) for use in phytoremediation. Utilizing this plant in Vegetated Swales, Spreader Swales, Grassy Swales,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to prevent creekside erosion in Nacogdoches County, Texas
December 09, 2014
I am looking for some advice on plants native to Texas that can help prevent erosion. I own a wooded lot with a creek and would like to consolidate the sides of the creek against potential erosion. I...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

O.K. to grow grass under a live oak?
November 26, 2014
Is it a bad idea to plant grass around a mature live oak? We have erosion issues and trying to keep mulch in the beds around the tree groves is a challenge, even with edging. Much of the native dirt...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Erosion Control for Salem IN
September 02, 2014
We've recently had a new pond dug. It is on a hill side and has some very steep and tall banks. We were advised that our best chance of keeping soil from eroding was to plant fescue. I'm not thrille...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 28 next >> 
273 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page