Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 27 next >> 
266 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Plants to prevent creekside erosion in Nacogdoches County, Texas
December 09, 2014
I am looking for some advice on plants native to Texas that can help prevent erosion. I own a wooded lot with a creek and would like to consolidate the sides of the creek against potential erosion. I...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

O.K. to grow grass under a live oak?
November 26, 2014
Is it a bad idea to plant grass around a mature live oak? We have erosion issues and trying to keep mulch in the beds around the tree groves is a challenge, even with edging. Much of the native dirt...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Erosion Control for Salem IN
September 02, 2014
We've recently had a new pond dug. It is on a hill side and has some very steep and tall banks. We were advised that our best chance of keeping soil from eroding was to plant fescue. I'm not thrille...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to grow in sandy shade with steep slope
August 14, 2014
I'm a very experienced gardener but I'm completely stumped on this one. We live among the dunes in SW Michigan. Our yard mostly consists of Ammophila breviligulata and Asclepias syriaca bisec...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Plants for a Steep Slope in TN
July 15, 2014
Hello, I live in Knoxville, TN and have a very steep slope in our backyard. There is a lot of water erosion causing our grass to be covered with red dirt. I would love to try to plant something on thi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem garden strip in Austin
May 22, 2014
Currently I live in the west half of a duplex. There is a small strip of dirt about two feet wide between the wall and the sidewalk in the backyard. It faces west, meaning it only gets sunlight duri...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fast-growing ground cover for creekside
May 18, 2014
Hi Mr. Smarty Plants. I live in Austin Texas and am looking for an aggressively spreading ground cover or grass to plant along a small creek on the back of my property in order to help with soil er...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Erosion Control for a Shaded Slope in Aliquippa PA
May 07, 2014
What plants. shrubs or trees can I plant to retard soil erosion on a steep shaded hillside in PA
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ground cover to control hillside erosion in Illinois
May 04, 2014
I have seen some other questions regarding native plants for erosion control, but I am looking specifically for plants that will do well on a hill in partial to full shade. I am told the soil in our a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade tolerant plants for erosion from Austin
May 03, 2014
I live in Austin and my house backs up to Shoal Creek. I am looking for a native creeping vine or something that will grow on the shaded bank to help prevent erosion. It should be able to tolerate the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 27 next >> 
266 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page