Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 26 next >> 
255 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Erosion controlling Groundcover for Phenix AL
March 30, 2014
Hi I am trying to find a grass or ground cover to control erosion on firing range berms which are 1:1 grade on a firing range outside of Phenix City AL. Sandy clay soil, direct sunlight almost all day...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Getting rid of non-native, invasive English Ivy from Davidsonville MD
March 19, 2014
Just moved and need to rid the well established Ivy planted on the steep slope area around the back and side of the house as it is taking over the bushes on the top and trees in forested area at botto...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Raingarden Plants for Brownsville, TX
March 14, 2014
I'm a Landscape Architect in South Texas and I'm implementing raingardens and vegetated swales in my projects. What native plants could be used in these gardens/water runways. They would need to res...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Removing Texas cedar Juniperus ashei from Blanco River banks
February 26, 2014
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, Should cedar trees be removed from our Blanco River banks to prevent them from sucking too much of our precious water before it makes it into the river system? If so, what s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ground cover to control erosion in Montgomery County, Texas
February 24, 2014
I am looking for some kind of ground cover to control erosion on a north facing slope in Montgomery County, Texas. The area gets very little direct sunlight. I need something that will establish quick...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Reconsideration of previous question from Hays County TX
February 21, 2014
QUESTION: Please reconsider this question that I sent to you last week. Our home address is in Bastrop County, but the Blanco River property that we own is in Hays County near Wimberley. Our proper...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native plants and grasses for river bank from Rosanky TX
February 19, 2014
Our property owners association would like to know what native plants/grasses to plant on the Blanco River bank in our river park to help prevent erosion. Some banks are steep and some areas are a gra...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Erosion Solution for Lorton, VA
February 07, 2014
We have a steep slope in our common area of our homeowners association. Trees that were planted have died. It is a large area around a pond. What should we plant that will hold the soil? The soil...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Searching for nursery with yellow nutsedge in NC
January 27, 2014
I'd like to plant yellow nut sedge as a cover to stop erosion in a lot. Where can I buy yellow nut sedge plants near Kinston, North Carolina? Thank you.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer Resistance and Erosion Control for St. Louis County MO
January 03, 2014
I am looking for deer and rabbit resistant native plants for erosion control on a steep ravine slope with part sun and part shade in St. Louis County MO.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 26 next >> 
255 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page