Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 977 next >> 
9,765 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Safe to plant Wisteria frutescens near a foundation?
July 01, 2015
I am interested in planting a Wisteria frutescens 'Nivea'. It will be next to a house foundation wall. Could you tell me what type of root system it has? Would it be a root that would dama...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Seep Muhly in limited sunlight.
July 01, 2015
Can Seep Muhly withstand just 3 or 4 hours of direct sunlight in an urban setting?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Horsemint for Connecticut
July 01, 2015
Will horsemint grow in Connecticut?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Best grass for the shade in Austin, TX.
July 01, 2015
What is the best grass seed for shade in Austin?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Protecting storm-damaged pecan and black walnut trees in TX
June 29, 2015
Several trees on our property in northeast Texas were uprooted by a tornado. A pecan tree with a circumference greater than 93 inches was carried to the ground. Although it is completely horizontal,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Keeping bugs out of a Texas home
June 29, 2015
I'm slowly growing my gardens into natural habitats for birds, bees, butterflies and other little critters but would like to keep them outside of my house. Being in central Texas it is difficult to ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Discouraging Poison Ivy
June 27, 2015
Is there a fern that discourages poison ivy from growing?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Turk's Cap and Pavonia insect problems
June 27, 2015
My Turk's cap and Pavonia lasiopetala (rock rose) plants both have quite a few leaves that are skeletonized in appearance. I do not see any insects on the underside of the leaves. What could be cau...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Male and Female Rhus virens Differences?
June 27, 2015
I would like to plant a Rhus virens in my yard to attract birds. I want to make sure I get a female plant so there will be berries. How can I tell a male from a female plant?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pollinators for Washington State
June 26, 2015
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I am removing invasive knotweed in the Pacific Northwest and I would like to provide native plant alternatives that would flower and provide pollen in the late summer/fall f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 977 next >>