En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 14 next >> 
134 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Controlling weeds in Habiturf lawn
May 16, 2015
What's the best way to get rid of weeds in a Habiturf lawn? Habiturf seems like a great idea, but even with no extra water and no fertilizer, it seems the weeds take over - K.R. Bluestem and various...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought-tolerant turf for Southern California
April 23, 2015
Is it possible to grow Habiturf in Riverside, California, in the area of UC Riverside? The climate is similar to the desert areas or Arizona, just slightly cooler in the Summer. If not, is there a d...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Lawn Options for Saginaw, MI
April 09, 2015
I'm looking for a low maintenance, high traffic lawn alternative. Will Texas Frogfruit handle the winter? My yard is small so covering it is an option.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Chigger Control in Habiturf from Plano, TX
April 08, 2015
We converted our back yard in Plano, Texas to Habiturf last spring/summer and have a nice lawn; however, for the first time since we have lived in this house for 32 years, the lawn was full of chigger...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Grasses for Houston, TX
April 06, 2015
What native grasses can I use for my lawn in Houston, TX? It appears that Habiturf is not recommended for our climate. Is there another variety of seed available yet that I can use to start a small ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Substitute for Habiturf in Fullerton, CA
March 27, 2015
Will habiturf grow/thrive in 92835 zip code? I think Im on 10a or 10b hardiness. I have clay soil. Thanks
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Turf grass for a sandy site in central Texas
February 16, 2015
I want to plant grass over an old sand volleyball court in our back yard in Bastrop, Texas. What is the best way to go? Adding top soil and buffalo grass seed or try St. Augustine?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Grass Lawn For Georgia
January 20, 2015
Grass in Atlanta when I was little (I am 50 years old and have lived in Atlanta most of my life) was of a fescue variety. Bermuda grasses were considered "rich person's grass" when I was young. M...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Alternative for HABITURF® in Los Angeles County, CA
December 04, 2014
The Habiturf brochure has a map indicating appropriate locales for growing this lawn. Excluded from the appropriate range is Southern California, where I live. Is Habiturf not recommended for this reg...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bermuda, not the only option in Memphis
November 04, 2014
I'm building an energy efficient home in Memphis and want to extend that strategy to the landscaping. I'd like to plant native grasses, but this lot is surrounded by lots sodded with Bermuda grass....
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 14 next >> 
134 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page