En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 13 next >> 
124 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Alternative to Habiturf™ for San Franciso area
October 05, 2014
Will Habiturf thrive in San Francisco? My current sod lawn is dying because the soil has become extremely hard. I'll replace the top couple of inches but underneath is a mix of sand and clay.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Alternative for HABITURF® in Contra Costa County, CA
September 17, 2014
We live in Kensington, just north of Berkeley, in the San Francisco area. We intend to get rid of our water consuming lawn and we are wondering what kind of alternative you would suggest. You don't s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Why are there no low-mow lawn grasses composed of only native fescues?
September 09, 2014
Dear SP, Most blends of ecograss I see are a combination of non-native and native fescues (and sometimes buffalo grass, blue grama, etc.). Why are there (apparently) none that are composed entirely of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Can Habiturf™ be hydromulched?
July 28, 2014
Our lawn was originally planted with "Weeping Love Grass" seed by hydromulching. After 7 years we still have some bare spots. Other types of grass have infiltrated the lawn and that does not matter...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mowing Bouteloua dactyloides (Buffalograss)
July 05, 2014
Dear Mr or Ms Smarty Plants, Although I see you have posted some information about mowing Buffalograss it doesn't seem to answer my question. Will it hurt to mow the buffalograss flags off? Will t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Acre-scale Grass Removal near Austin, TX
July 04, 2014
How do I get rid of 10 acres of Kleingrass?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Habiturf for shady areas in San Antonio TX
November 08, 2013
Will the Habiturf grass mentioned here do well in shady areas too?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Alternative for sedges for turf-like lawn in shade
October 25, 2013
When it comes to a turf-like lawn in shade, is it pretty much sedges or nothing among native options? By the way, I write from up north here in Iowa. Thanks!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Looking for a native turf grass for the Houston area
July 25, 2013
Looking for a native turf grass for the Houston area. In some of your 2012 responses, you stated that "The good news is that research into turf-type grasses native to the coastal region is in the pla...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with Habiturf. Is it dormant or dead?
July 24, 2013
We planted habiturf in spring 2012. It's beautiful. But since last summer, we have had one area that seems to go dormant much more rapidly than the rest, even though it receives the same amount of ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 13 next >> 
124 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page