Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 12 next >> 
118 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Habiturf for shady areas in San Antonio TX
November 08, 2013
Will the Habiturf grass mentioned here do well in shady areas too?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Alternative for sedges for turf-like lawn in shade
October 25, 2013
When it comes to a turf-like lawn in shade, is it pretty much sedges or nothing among native options? By the way, I write from up north here in Iowa. Thanks!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Looking for a native turf grass for the Houston area
July 25, 2013
Looking for a native turf grass for the Houston area. In some of your 2012 responses, you stated that "The good news is that research into turf-type grasses native to the coastal region is in the pla...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with Habiturf. Is it dormant or dead?
July 24, 2013
We planted habiturf in spring 2012. It's beautiful. But since last summer, we have had one area that seems to go dormant much more rapidly than the rest, even though it receives the same amount of ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to control Yellow Woodsorrel in Habiturf?
March 19, 2013
Last year we planted Habiturf in our front lawn and prepared the ground as directed with organic compost. This year we have an infestation of low growing yellow oxalis which we believe came in with t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Lawn grass for Erath County, TX
October 02, 2012
We live in Erath County in TX on ranch land. We are relatively dry. Our soil is combination of clay and red soil (brought in for building pad), and sandy. We have a sloped area, about 30%, that we w...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought-resistant and grub-resistant grass for Smithville TX
October 02, 2012
I want a drought resistant grass for a sunny area that is also resistant to grubs. I have lots of grubs but want a healthy soil of good microbes. Any ideas? Zoysia, Buffalo? I noticed that Tech Turf r...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Nutgrass in Lakeway TX Habiturf
September 30, 2012
I just installed a new septic system with drip field. Planted habiturf over the whole area. The habiturf is doing good, but I was away for a while and the nut grass has taken over several areas. It s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Low maintenance grass for shade in Conroe, TX
September 15, 2012
What is the best low maintenance grass to plant in front lawn shaded, no traffic area?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Grass mixture for Spicewood TX
August 14, 2012
I want to seed a bare sand limestone area about 2 acres in size. Assuming "normal" Texas hill country weather and the availability of moderate water for sprinkling is there one mixture that you reco...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 12 next >> 
118 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page