Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 47 next >> 
466 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

Invasiveness of Oenothera speciosa?
October 02, 2015
Hello! I received a large package of Oenothera speciosa seeds and would like to plant them this month. I've read elsewhere that they can choke out out other plants and am wondering to what degree thi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Information about person who handles invasive species at the Wildflower Center
October 01, 2015
Would you please provide me a name, phone, and email address, of the person in your office who handles invasive species? Thanks,
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen privacy screen
August 10, 2015
We are looking for a good plant(s) that would provide a privacy screen by our fence. We were looking at clumping bamboo (maybe black) because it grows quickly and it not too thick. The new plants woul...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Canna glauca invasive?
June 10, 2015
How aggressive is Canna glauca? I'm interested in planting one near a gutter downspout, but I'm afraid it will crowd out groundcovers (heartleaf skullcap and fall obedient plant) in the two location...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcovers to choke out invasive species in Virginia
June 08, 2015
My yard has open woods and dappled light with clay soil. Thirty years ago we removed huge briars and since English Ivy was getting in by itself, we thought we would let it come; unfortunately, it not ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Controlling Devil's Bit in Collin County, TX
June 05, 2015
I live in Collin County and our pasture has a growing section of Devils Bit taking over everything. I've been using 2,4-D on it with some success. What is the best method of control for this ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to eliminate roadside thistles
May 26, 2015
When we drive along the highway we see lots of wildflowers and no thistles in the median. How does the Highway Department keep the thistles out? Here in Kerrville, we are overwhelmed by thistles thi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Weeds from neighbor's yard are a problem.
May 11, 2015
Our neighbor has let his front yard go wild. Many of these native wild plants are very invasive. How can I stop their spreading into our yard? There are too many to try & keep up with pulling them as ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What to do about bastard cabbage in the Austin area?
May 08, 2015
I am noticing bastard cabbage taking over roadsides and medians at an alarming rate where a mixture of native flowers used to bloom. Is it allowable to organize efforts to pull the invasive plants ou...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Looking for non-native Chinese Pistache tree
April 23, 2015
Where in the Austin area would be a good place to find a nice sized Chinese Pistache to plant in my yard?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 47 next >> 
466 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page