Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 45 next >> 
443 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Fast-spreading desert-type tree with thorns in yard
July 21, 2014
There is a fast spreading tree in my backyard - many multiple almost symmetric flat green oval leaves on either side of the stem (sort of like a moringa tree but this is not that). Grows straight up, ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Japanese Wineberry in Maryland
July 16, 2014
Hello, we were at Cunningham Falls in Maryland and I can not identify this plant. If you could I would greatly appreciate it, thank you. It looks like a raspberry but the berries are inside small leav...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Ruellia aggressive?
July 06, 2014
Is Ruellia aggressive?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Competition between Horseherb and Chickweed
July 04, 2014
Ok, sorry I did it wrong the 1st time!? I live in Houston, and I have chickens! I also have mass amounts of Horseherb, and I want to buy some chickweed seeds and plant it for my chickens! My question ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Foxglove (Digitalis purpurea)
July 02, 2014
Foxglove (digitalis purpurea) is not a native U.S. plant. It was introduced to the U.S. from Europe and is now considered invasive in many parts of the western U.S. It invades our forested wild land...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Differences between Desmodium and Lespedezda
June 19, 2014
i am trying to determine the difference between lespedeza and desmodium in my full sun wildflower and tall grasses meadow. There appear to be a number of different types of these plants, and they are...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Distinguishing native Celastrus scandens from non-native C. Orbiculatus from Lexington MA
June 08, 2014
Dear Mr. Plants, I maintain a wildflower garden with the Lexington Field and Garden Club in Lexington, Massachusetts. Every year, I pull up sprouts of Celastris orbiulatis. I want to plan...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Removal of thistles from Columbus TX
May 20, 2014
I am sorry if you have an answer in FAQs but I could not find it. We recently cleared property near Columbus Texas of many cedars (ash junipers). This spring we experienced a profusion of thistle -...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with Habiturf in Austin
May 10, 2014
I have been trying to establish a Habiturf lawn in my back yard. It is approximately a 1,000 square foot area and this last seeding was the third over about one and a half years. I just recently over ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Control of invasive sandburs in Austin
May 05, 2014
My attempts to control / eradicate Sanbur with pre-emergent corn gluten twice yeary for the last three years have been unsuccessful. My post emergent pulling weeds for 15 years has also been unsucces...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 45 next >> 
443 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page