En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 46 next >> 
457 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Looking for non-native Chinese Pistache tree
April 23, 2015
Where in the Austin area would be a good place to find a nice sized Chinese Pistache to plant in my yard?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Removal of Ashe juniper trees
April 19, 2015
I have 15 acres with scattered huge oak and elm trees with tens of thousands of Ashe Juniper (cedar) trees 2” to 10” in diameter growing within the drip zone of the hardwoods. How do I take out the c...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of mystery tree in Huntington Beach, CA
March 25, 2015
Have a "tree" that has grown from about 18" tall to about 10' tall in a little over a years time. It has a central trunk that is about 3/4" in diameter at it's largest. It has short thin branch...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant native Lantana urticoides and not non-native
March 09, 2015
San Antonio Water System does not want to assist invasive plants but we want to encourage Lantana sp but we need to know what Lantana camara hybrids are sterile
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to eliminate Sawgrass from a small lake in Lindale, TX?
February 23, 2015
We live on a small acre lake (about 65 acres) and the majority of the lake is surrounded by what the locals are calling saw grass. From the description on the website, I believe they are correct. The...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replacement for waxleaf privet
December 15, 2014
i just removed some waxleaf privet due to reading about the invasive and allergy problem to it. Is indian hawthorn blueberry muffin any better? what shrub do you recommend? I want it to grow about 6-1...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Controlling non-native Pennisetum frutescens (Naked fountain grass)
December 07, 2014
Three years ago I bought a pennisetum frutescans grass from a reputable online nursery. It gets no supplemental water, but it is taking over my yard. It is almost 7 feet wide now. Can you tell me how ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Does Acacia farnesiana (Huisache) have agressive roots?
November 30, 2014
Hello, Do you know if the Huisache tree has an aggressive root system? I have a few in proximity to my septic draining field and I need to know if I should cut them down to prevent clogging of t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replacement for Amber Jubilee Ninebark in California
November 22, 2014
AMBER JUBILEE bush separating my neighbor and me, is spreading its roots into our water pipes. Want to rip out. What plants are root friendly and also give you privacy?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bermuda, not the only option in Memphis
November 04, 2014
I'm building an energy efficient home in Memphis and want to extend that strategy to the landscaping. I'd like to plant native grasses, but this lot is surrounded by lots sodded with Bermuda grass....
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 46 next >> 
457 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page