Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 136 next >> 
1,356 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Questions about hollyhocks and yucca
May 25, 2016
I have 2 questions. In Western N.Y. State the hollyhocks grow like weeds but add color with their large stalks. I've sent for seeds and the best I can do in N.W.Travis county is 9 inch plants that die...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Care of non-native plant
March 17, 2016
I have a plant that grows about 1' tall, looks sort of like a dracaena. The leaves grow off of a short stem and are yellowish (no green at all) with brilliant slashes of hot pink an red. It is georg...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pachira aquatica loosing leaves.
March 17, 2016
We have an indoor money tree that is 20 feet tall, the leaves have started to turn brown and fall. We water twice a month and mist about the same. Can you opine what what we are doing wrong the plant ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Abutilon or Podocarpus Toxic to Dogs?
March 17, 2016
Are either of these plants toxic to dogs? Flowering maple or the Podocarpus henkelii shrub.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Dwarf Form of Japanese Blueberry?
March 17, 2016
Is there a dwarf variety of Japanese blueberry that will grow in my area? Or is it so non-native that it's not in your category?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Rabbit-proof Plants for Florida Swimming Pool Area
February 22, 2016
I plan on planting white star jasmine and purple bocouilla plants around a south-facing swimming pool in Naples, Florida. I was told rabbits might eat them which we do have. Should I be concerned, and...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning Leggy Santolina
January 30, 2016
We are members of the society and have loved your section offering advice. We have green santolina that is becoming quite leggy. I would like to prune them to get them more compact come spring and sum...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing Florist Roses
January 23, 2016
Often I find that florist roses sprout for me, but I fail to get them to grow into a bush. Do you have the answer?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

ID for Caribbean mystery plants.
January 13, 2016
I AM TRYING TO FIND THE COMMON NAME FOR TWO FLOWERS I TOOK PICTURES OF ON A CARIBBEAN CRUISE. I TOOK ONE IN HONDURAS AND ONE IN GRAND CAYMAN. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE I CAN GO TO TO GET HELP IN ID...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Containing Japanese Wisteria Roots
November 22, 2015
I have some Japanese wisteria plants that I would like to plant inside root barriers but I cannot find any info on how deep the roots go. Do you know if a 2 ft deep root barrier for trees can contain ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 136 next >>