Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 128 next >> 
1,280 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Tall plant with bell-shaped upside-down white flowers
July 18, 2014
2 tall plants grew outside my suburban New York house in June, blossomed late June. They looked like giant asparagus stalks, and the flowers were white, bell shaped, upside down, look like fairy skirt...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Starting Yarrow (Achillea) and Daucus from Seed
July 16, 2014
I need to deadhead my cottage yarrow. I assume it has gone to seed. What do I do to plant it as seed? If I can do it, can I do it now or do I need to wait until spring. If I need to wait until spring,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Japanese Wineberry in Maryland
July 16, 2014
Hello, we were at Cunningham Falls in Maryland and I can not identify this plant. If you could I would greatly appreciate it, thank you. It looks like a raspberry but the berries are inside small leav...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with non-native Shasta daisies
July 10, 2014
Our Shasta Daisy has bloomed quite prolifically this year. I don't know what to do with the spent blooms/stalks. Do I trim them down, save the seeds, plant the seeds? Any help is appreciated. Thank y...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing pecan and fruit trees near Canyon Lake, Texas
July 07, 2014
I just bought a property on the north side of Canyon Lake in the Hill Country of Texas. Most of the trees around are cedar, and a few live oak. I know I have seen beautiful Pecan trees as well as seve...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Transplanting a non-native lucky bamboo plant
July 05, 2014
I have gotten a lucky bamboo plant which is kinda large and want to transplant but don't know how can you help me?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Acre-scale Grass Removal near Austin, TX
July 04, 2014
How do I get rid of 10 acres of Kleingrass?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Competition between Horseherb and Chickweed
July 04, 2014
Ok, sorry I did it wrong the 1st time!? I live in Houston, and I have chickens! I also have mass amounts of Horseherb, and I want to buy some chickweed seeds and plant it for my chickens! My question ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Verbena bonariensis won't bloom in Galveston, TX.
July 03, 2014
My Verbena bonariensis is thriving, but never blooms. The plants look healthy, are about 6 feet tall and in full sun. The buds turn light purple but never open to flower. My neighbor's vb are ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Apache Pine for Dripping Springs, TX.
July 02, 2014
Is the Apache Pine tree a good choice for planting in alkaline soil with excellent drainage?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 128 next >>