Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 135 next >> 
1,350 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Pruning Leggy Santolina
January 30, 2016
We are members of the society and have loved your section offering advice. We have green santolina that is becoming quite leggy. I would like to prune them to get them more compact come spring and sum...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing Florist Roses
January 23, 2016
Often I find that florist roses sprout for me, but I fail to get them to grow into a bush. Do you have the answer?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

ID for Caribbean mystery plants.
January 13, 2016
I AM TRYING TO FIND THE COMMON NAME FOR TWO FLOWERS I TOOK PICTURES OF ON A CARIBBEAN CRUISE. I TOOK ONE IN HONDURAS AND ONE IN GRAND CAYMAN. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE I CAN GO TO TO GET HELP IN ID...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Containing Japanese Wisteria Roots
November 22, 2015
I have some Japanese wisteria plants that I would like to plant inside root barriers but I cannot find any info on how deep the roots go. Do you know if a 2 ft deep root barrier for trees can contain ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Should Mexican milkweed (Asclepias curassavica) not be used to attract Monarch butterflies?
November 20, 2015
Should I remove Asclepias curassavica (Mexican milkweed) in my garden for threat of OE parasitic protozoan threat to Monarch butterflies? Is this threat as widespread as Chronicle implies? I had great...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer eating Non-native Asiatic Jasmine in Georgetown, TX
October 22, 2015
Is there a spray or granular material that will prevent deer from eating asiatic jasmine?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is my Crimson queen maple dying?
October 20, 2015
Is my Crimson queen maple dying if it's leaves are turning brown?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Suggestions for vegetables to grow in North Texas
October 12, 2015
Hi, I want some suggestions on vegetable plants that withstands North Texas winter icy weather? and when to plant them? Thanks, Meena.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are Royal Poinciana and Royal Empress trees the same?
October 09, 2015
Hi, can you tell me if the Royal empress tree and the Royal Poinciana are the same tree?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ficus pumila on Stucco Walls
October 06, 2015
Can the creeping fig vine damage the stucco covered walls?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 135 next >>