Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 130 next >> 
1,292 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Nativity of various bulbs
October 15, 2014
Are the following bulbs native? Chionodoxa forbesii Camassia leichflinii Crocus Sprint tommasinianus Barr's Purple Hyacinthoides hispanica Narcissus 'Actea' Scilla siberica 'Spring Beauty' ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Houseplant identification
October 15, 2014
Had a houseplant with leaves that were green on the top and purplish on the bottom. The leaves were velvety to the touch. Would like to know what it was.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Kousa Dogwood Fruit Toxic to Dogs?
October 14, 2014
Are Kousa dogwood berries toxic to dogs?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning Citrus Suckers
October 06, 2014
Mr. Smarty Plants, you are the only person that has "not" insisted that the little balls on Satsuma and lemon trees were clumps of bugs. They are surely what you described in the answer to my previo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Difference in native and non-native cherry laurel
October 02, 2014
I have a backyard volunteer that I have identified as a cherry laurel, but how do I tell the Carolina from the non-native? This is still young (2 years or so), and not flowering, at least not now.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are Castor Bean Leaves Toxic to Pets?
September 13, 2014
I understand that the beans of the castor plant on lethal if chewed on. Are the leaves that toxic? I would love to plant this plant and not let it flower, but I do have visiting grandchildren and dog...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fuzzy Citrus Fruit on Satsuma and Lemon Trees
September 13, 2014
A man asked you about fuzzy little small fruit-like balls that looked like tiny lemons. I have huge numbers of these on both my mature Satsuma and lemon tree this year. I get 100's of really great f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Difference between invasive Chinese and Japanese wisterias and native wisteria
September 12, 2014
Dear Mr or Ms Smarty Plants, Is there any way I can tell for sure if my wisteria is native? I bought it at a place when it was in bloom that sold a lot of native plants. I Would like to know for sure...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Aggressive Plants in Pleasant Valley NY
September 01, 2014
Are there any native plants that can out compete Japanese knotweed?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with Chinese Pistache tree
September 01, 2014
We have a gorgeous Chinese Pistache in our yard, about 25 feet tall. We bought it for its gorgeous fall color. The problem is that it has never turned color for us. All the other pistaches in the neig...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 130 next >>