En Espa—ol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 15 next >> 
142 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Container Plants for Lubbock, Texas
June 22, 2015
Hello! I am looking for plants suitable for container gardening for a west facing porch in Lubbock. Plants need to be super tough to endure the baking sun, constant wind, dry air, extreme temperatures...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pollinators for Palm Springs, CA
June 18, 2015
Just moved to Palm Springs, California. Hot and dry, desert region. What bee and pollinator-friendly plants would do well with full afternoon sun?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Finding a manzanita species suitable for Fort Worth, TX
April 28, 2015
Which manzanita shrub would thrive best in the Fort Worth, Tx. area? I was thinking of planting it in a large pot. Thank You!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought-tolerant turf for Southern California
April 23, 2015
Is it possible to grow Habiturf in Riverside, California, in the area of UC Riverside? The climate is similar to the desert areas or Arizona, just slightly cooler in the Summer. If not, is there a d...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fast Growing Shrub for Oceanside New York Site
April 17, 2015
Can you recommend a tall, fast-growing shrub for a sandy location (near an ocean beach in New York) in full sun? Iím looking for a privacy shield.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

New Jersey Native Plants for a Raised Bed
April 15, 2015
I want to plant some native plants in a raised bed in New Jersey along side a stucco wall that gets direct sun and is very dry due to an overhang. Any suggestions?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for Road Frontage in NC
March 12, 2015
I need a fast growing ground cover or perennial flower for 1,000 feet of road frontage about one acre that will choke out weeds. I do not want to do much ground prep or any ground prep. I do not want...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a sunny, sandy site in Central Texas
January 22, 2015
I live between La Grange and Schulenburg, Texas. My soil is sandy. Full sun, no trees. I am a senior citizen with limited funds who is allergic to Rye and Bermuda grass. I tried planting a lawn of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Converting a Texas backyard to grow Xerophytic native plants
January 09, 2015
I am planning the conversion of our backyard, about 4000 sq ft of largely St Augustine, into a grassless landscape of hardscaping and native plants. Iíve been an avid gardener of rock garden plants i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will Sotol (Dasylirion wheeleri thrive in caliche soil?
December 02, 2014
I live on a high hill in the Hamilton Pool area outside of Austin. I am looking to plant a Dasylirion wheeleri that I grew from seed collected in New Mexico aria East Of Soccoro. I am wondering if the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 15 next >> 
142 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page