Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 16 next >> 
151 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Perennials for Sandy Shade in California
December 17, 2015
Are there any native perennials that would do well in sandy shade? I have a difficult corner in my garden that does not get much sun. The soil is sandy though I have added some amount of compost to en...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade, Heat, Drought and Acidic Soil Tolerant Perennials for Las Vegas?
November 28, 2015
What can I grow under my pine trees that is shade and heat (and acidity) tolerant? I live in Las Vegas, NV and would like perennials to plant under my pine trees.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for Shade in Spicewood
September 16, 2015
We live in Spicewood area in Austin, TX. Our front yard is yellow almost all summer, I was thinking of replacing lawn with a ground cover which can live on once a week sprinkler and no mowing. Also th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Connecticut Plants for a Steep Slope
September 09, 2015
I am looking for the best plants to retain a steep, dry, fully shaded slope in zone 5, Connecticut. It must be deer resistant. Plant height is not a factor.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will Bermuda grass survive a drought-induced dormancy?
August 12, 2015
If I stop watering a Bermuda grass lawn and let it go dormant, will it green up again when it rains again?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought and Shade tolerant plants for Wichita Falls, TX
July 24, 2015
I can find lots of information about planting drought tolerant, sun loving native plants, a number of which I've planted over the years. But I can find very little information about drought tolerant ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Propagation of Blackfoot daisy seed
July 21, 2015
I have a three yr old Blackfoot daisy. How do you root Blackfoot daisy seeds? When is the best month to grow these seeds?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought-Tolerant Plants for Arizona
July 16, 2015
Slowly turning south-facing lawn to drought-tolerant plantings with gravel paths. Mature Ponderosa and several blue spruce and junipers surround area. Grass area I'm converting with a few larger tr...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Draought-tolerant screening shrub for Shasta County, California
July 08, 2015
It has been suggested to me that I plant phodocarpus 'maki' along my fence for needed privacy due to it's dimensions. I need something that does not grow too wide. I would not be pruning them as I ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Container Plants for Lubbock, Texas
June 22, 2015
Hello! I am looking for plants suitable for container gardening for a west facing porch in Lubbock. Plants need to be super tough to endure the baking sun, constant wind, dry air, extreme temperatures...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 16 next >> 
151 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page