Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 13 next >> 
130 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Plants for a Austin thicket underlayer
July 25, 2014
We live in Austin, west of 183. We are planning to put a thicket in our backyard, where there is no threat of deer. Anchoring the thicket are a clump of live oaks, a Texas persimmon, an Eve's Necklac...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants that will withstand spray from fountain and heat from concrete
June 10, 2014
Working on a property in Plano, I have an area around a fountain, surrounded by concrete, in full sun, that receives a lot of water that is blown from the fountain (which is treated with chlorine tabl...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcovers for North Central Texas
May 27, 2014
I have a very large area that is in Palo Pinto County, Texas. We tried to plant grass but it never established. I'm looking for a ground cover that does well in shade (lots of oak tees) and is semi d...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought tolerant vine for Austin, Texas
May 17, 2014
What kind of drought-tolerant vine can I plant outside my screened in porch in Austin, Texas, that will stay on a trellis and not grow into the screen?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replacing St. Augustine grass from Dallas TX
April 10, 2014
Dear Mr. Pants, we are replacing dying St. Augustine grass in a small, sunny back yard with ground cover. What are your recommendations for a drought-tolerant evergreen ground cover? We will till a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Water-saving strategies of drought-tolerant plants
April 04, 2014
Although "drought tolerant" plants are fairly well documented, it's clear that many different strategies are responsible, such as a huge root system (like Mesquite). I'm interested in learning the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Narrow, Dry, Shaded Site in Georgia
April 03, 2014
I am writing from Valdosta, GA. Could you please suggest three perennial shrubs and/or plants that flower at different times of the spring and summer? Also ones that can be planted in a 2 ft. wide s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting Suggestions for a Lake Home in Wayne County, MO
April 03, 2014
We have a lake home in Wayne County, MO at Lake Wappapello. The soil is very rocky. We recently cleared an area around our home of assorted dead trees, some cedars and what seemed like tons of vines. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mulching tree root in San Angelo, TX
April 02, 2014
San Angelo, Texas is in a drought stage. Will it help our trees to mulch the base of them?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Raingarden Plants for Brownsville, TX
March 14, 2014
I'm a Landscape Architect in South Texas and I'm implementing raingardens and vegetated swales in my projects. What native plants could be used in these gardens/water runways. They would need to res...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 13 next >> 
130 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page