Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 13 next >> 
126 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Replacing St. Augustine grass from Dallas TX
April 10, 2014
Dear Mr. Pants, we are replacing dying St. Augustine grass in a small, sunny back yard with ground cover. What are your recommendations for a drought-tolerant evergreen ground cover? We will till a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Water-saving strategies of drought-tolerant plants
April 04, 2014
Although "drought tolerant" plants are fairly well documented, it's clear that many different strategies are responsible, such as a huge root system (like Mesquite). I'm interested in learning the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Narrow, Dry, Shaded Site in Georgia
April 03, 2014
I am writing from Valdosta, GA. Could you please suggest three perennial shrubs and/or plants that flower at different times of the spring and summer? Also ones that can be planted in a 2 ft. wide s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting Suggestions for a Lake Home in Wayne County, MO
April 03, 2014
We have a lake home in Wayne County, MO at Lake Wappapello. The soil is very rocky. We recently cleared an area around our home of assorted dead trees, some cedars and what seemed like tons of vines. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mulching tree root in San Angelo, TX
April 02, 2014
San Angelo, Texas is in a drought stage. Will it help our trees to mulch the base of them?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Raingarden Plants for Brownsville, TX
March 14, 2014
I'm a Landscape Architect in South Texas and I'm implementing raingardens and vegetated swales in my projects. What native plants could be used in these gardens/water runways. They would need to res...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Plant for a Sunny South-facing House Wall in Tucson
March 01, 2014
I have a problematic block wall on the south side of the house and I what a plant to soften the look of the wall. I tried butterfly bush which I'm told died from of bounce-back heat from the wall. I ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Cenizo dropping leaves from Corpus Christi TX
February 20, 2014
Leucophyllum frutescens:I planted a Texas sage hedge in September of 2012. One of the plants is dropping its leaves. It is situated at the corner of an L-shape at the end of drive and corner of road. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Low Ground Cover for Steep, Shaded PA Site
February 17, 2014
I am located in Downingtown, PA, right on the border between Zone 6 and 7. Please provide a recommendation of a native ground cover for the following conditions: steep slope (greater than 45%), full s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hardy plants for Oklahoma raised garden at Oklahoma school
February 12, 2014
I am planting a raised flower bed with fifth graders. It will have a little shade in the morning and evening possibly. What plants are durable and can withstand OK summer heat. We will be planting ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 13 next >> 
126 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page