Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 16 next >> 
154 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Fast Growing Groundcovers for Long Island
March 18, 2016
Can you please suggest a few fast growing groundcovers suitable for the south shore of Long Island? The area is fairly sunny and dry.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade and Drought Tolerant Plants for Idaho Shade
March 18, 2016
I am looking for plants native to Idaho and/or the surrounding region (zone 6 or 7) that would do well in full shade conditions (adjacent to the north side of our house) and meet several criteria: Max...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Water-Wise Privacy Hedge for California
February 22, 2016
I would like recommendations for a privacy hedge that would grow at least 12 feet tall with non-invasive roots and hopefully water-wise in Los Angeles.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Perennials for Sandy Shade in California
December 17, 2015
Are there any native perennials that would do well in sandy shade? I have a difficult corner in my garden that does not get much sun. The soil is sandy though I have added some amount of compost to en...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade, Heat, Drought and Acidic Soil Tolerant Perennials for Las Vegas?
November 28, 2015
What can I grow under my pine trees that is shade and heat (and acidity) tolerant? I live in Las Vegas, NV and would like perennials to plant under my pine trees.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for Shade in Spicewood
September 16, 2015
We live in Spicewood area in Austin, TX. Our front yard is yellow almost all summer, I was thinking of replacing lawn with a ground cover which can live on once a week sprinkler and no mowing. Also th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Connecticut Plants for a Steep Slope
September 09, 2015
I am looking for the best plants to retain a steep, dry, fully shaded slope in zone 5, Connecticut. It must be deer resistant. Plant height is not a factor.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will Bermuda grass survive a drought-induced dormancy?
August 12, 2015
If I stop watering a Bermuda grass lawn and let it go dormant, will it green up again when it rains again?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought and Shade tolerant plants for Wichita Falls, TX
July 24, 2015
I can find lots of information about planting drought tolerant, sun loving native plants, a number of which I've planted over the years. But I can find very little information about drought tolerant ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Propagation of Blackfoot daisy seed
July 21, 2015
I have a three yr old Blackfoot daisy. How do you root Blackfoot daisy seeds? When is the best month to grow these seeds?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 16 next >> 
154 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page