Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 67 next >> 
665 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Protecting storm-damaged pecan and black walnut trees in TX
June 29, 2015
Several trees on our property in northeast Texas were uprooted by a tornado. A pecan tree with a circumference greater than 93 inches was carried to the ground. Although it is completely horizontal,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Discouraging Poison Ivy
June 27, 2015
Is there a fern that discourages poison ivy from growing?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Milky Substance on Salvia greggii
June 26, 2015
The Salvia greggii that I have in the front yard has a milky substance on it ... and the plants are not doing well. Is this some kind of fungi or disease? What can I do to "cure" it? Thank you! Lia...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need help with dying clumps of Cedar Sedge
June 24, 2015
Carex planostachys. This grass was planted 2 years ago in light shade. It grew well until this year. Now some clumps are dying. Others in same area look fine. No insects can be detected. Why are...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Why are large numbers of leaves falling from my Live Oak trees in Driftwood, TX?
June 24, 2015
Today is June 6, 2015 and I have noticed that for the last week and a half, only a few live oaks out of many, have been losing large numbers of green leaves and turning brown on the ground. I cannot ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Dying Damianita in Blanco, TX.
June 18, 2015
My Damianita bloomed its heart out and since all the rain here in Blanco the biggest plants turned brown and look dead. I've trimmed back some and do see green stems. Will they come back? How far ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Various landscape problems in Omaha, NE.
June 18, 2015
Thank you for your time, sorry i cant sort this out because my issue seems to fit many but also none of the issues I've read about. Some patches of grass in my lawn have yellow spots and dying and/or...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Red oak leaves have a swelling along the veins
June 17, 2015
I have red oaks in my back yard, approx 30 or more have a disease that are wilting the leaves. Looking at the back of the leaf there is swelling along the spines. I've gone to one nursery in town ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Brown spots on native oak trees
June 16, 2015
Hi, My native live oak trees are declining. The leaves have small brown spots that increase in size until the leaf dies and falls off, then the branch and then the entire limb. I have not watered the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Why doesn't Diervilla lonicera bloom in Wisconsin?
June 11, 2015
I have had a Diervilla lonicera in southeastern Wisconsin for at least 5 years. It has never bloomed. Why? It appears healthy.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 67 next >> 
665 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page