Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 62 next >> 
611 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Mountain laurel with fasciation
July 24, 2014
My Texas Mountain Laurel bush has developed several "crested branches." What causes this, is it harmful & how do I get rid of them??? Thank you!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Gaura Plants Dying In PA
July 16, 2014
I had six gaura plants. They were beautiful last year. Now I have one that is doing well and the others are dying slowly one at a time. I don't understand this. They are on a slight slope and have ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Yaupon hollies dying mysteriously
July 16, 2014
I have a row of yaupon hollies (Ilex vomitoria) that I keep trimmed like a hedge. They were all healthy for many years. Two years ago one of them died and I removed it, leaving a gap in the line of h...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with American Beautyberry in Houston.
July 02, 2014
My American Beautyberry is dying one branch at a time. The entire plant looks great, now flowering and starting to put out berries. Then one or two branches will completely die. Trim those off, wi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Northern Catalpa Tree Doing Poorly
July 02, 2014
One of our Northern Catalpa trees appears to be dying. It is about 28 feet tall and this year only about 1/3 of it is producing leaves. It is next to our largest Catalpa tree (about 65 feet tall and a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Tan, rough, fan-shaped growth on mountain laurels
July 01, 2014
A tan rough fan-shaped "something" is growing at the end of the mountain laurel branch where the flowers would be .. what is it and can it harm the plant?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Live oaks exhibiting white foam spots from Round Rock, TX
June 08, 2014
We have several native very large Live Oak in our backyard, and this summer we have noticed white foam spots on the branches. We live in Round Rock next to the Williamson County Park. The spots look...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with Copper Canyon Daisy from Austin
June 08, 2014
We had 3 copper canyon daisies. Two of them bloomed profusely last year, but only one has come back this spring. We cut them all back as instructed. When it was clear that two were not coming back, we...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Stress on Goldenball leadtrees from Austin
June 07, 2014
I know of two separate instances where young Goldenball Lead Trees (leucena retusa) have shown symptoms of defoliation and a bleeding of white sap from sores that have developed on the bark. The first...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Decline of sheared dwarf hollies from Rockwall TX
May 31, 2014
I have 20 year old established dwarf yaupon hollies in front of the house that I trim every year and shape the same. This year the new growth that was 2 1/2 " long I noticed the new leaves were curli...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 62 next >> 
611 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page