Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 64 next >> 
635 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Leucophyllum Resistant to Verticillium Wilt
March 25, 2015
I need to know which large shrubs are resistant to verticillium wilt? I believe that a few of our Elaeagnus have succumbed to this disease, but being over 15 years old, I am not positive. I am thinki...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mexican Lime Turning Yellow
March 25, 2015
What causes moderate yellowing of 40% of the leaves of an 8 year old Mexican Lime Tree that is booming and blooming right now with lots of thick new growth? I used a general garden fertilizer a few ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Dealing with live oak suckers in Central Texas
March 05, 2015
Hi, I have a couple huge Live Oak trees in my back yard. Trunks are 4' in diameter. These Live Oaks produce a lot of root sprouts/suckers. I had always head that a tree's roots feed on water/oxyg...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Repairing the split trunk of a TX mountain laurel
February 28, 2015
I have a fairly large mountain laurel that I just realized has a split down the trunk. Is there anything I can do to save it?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Safe Concrete Planters For Plants?
February 24, 2015
We are building low concrete walls around a patio (in Washington, DC). Can we create the walls to act as planters or will the lime leaching make the soil too inhospitable for most plants?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Rust on Amelancier Foliage in PA
February 03, 2015
I live in Pennsylvania and have been plagued with a rust on my serviceberry (Amelanchier canadensis) trees over the past few years. I am unable to find very much information on this disease on the we...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Sap oozing from trunks of Cherry Laurels in Austin, TX
January 24, 2015
I have several mature compact cherry laurels whose leaves are beginning to turn yellow. They are in raised beds, have been properly fertilized, have compost spread around them, and are properly water...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with Purple Heart in Raleigh, NC
December 24, 2014
I was hoping you could help me with an indoor/outdoor houseplant issue. I have a purple heart, that lives outside in the summers and indoors in the winters. I brought it in a few weeks ago and am no...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Migrating Turkey tail fungus in garden in Austin, TX
November 25, 2014
I have turkey tail fungus that has migrated from a rotting elm tree stump to a part of my garden that has a healthy wax myrtle tree and other native shrubs, but no rotting tree stumps. Its presence h...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems on Prickly Pear Cactus in Illinois
November 19, 2014
I have a fungus on my prickly pear cactus that is not a bug. I tested it and my fingers didn't turn red when I squeezed them. So how do I get rid of this as it is spreading to my other cacti?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 64 next >> 
635 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page