Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 68 next >> 
672 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Dieback of river fern and maidenhair fern in the Texas summer
August 28, 2015
My river fern and maiden hair fern are dying back. I know it is hot, but they are in shade and watered regularly. The river fern is dying back from the tips. Any fungus or bugs I should be looking ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Can a Quaking aspen grow in central Texas?
August 11, 2015
I live in Austin and like the idea of a Quaking Aspen tree. I live on a creek and the tree(s) would get good sun and water. Am I crazy?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

American Beech with Brown Leaves
August 06, 2015
I have a North American beech tree in Oregon. Its leaves started out with big brown spots on the leaves and is pretty much turning all the leaves on the tree brown. What could be causing this and wha...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Beautyberry Dying Back
August 06, 2015
I've got an American Beautyberry which I planted in the spring. It's now about 2-3 feet tall and has 3 trunks (or limbs). It's in an area which gets about 5 hours of direct sun per day and I've be...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

American beautyberry losing leaves in San Antonio
August 03, 2015
I planted 3 American beautyberry last fall, and 2 of them are doing great. All the leaves on the 3rd one suddenly started dropping about 2 weeks ago and it looks dead. I can't find anything to tell...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Powdery Mildew on Monterrey Oak
July 30, 2015
Monterrey oak developing gray-white patches on some but not all leaves leading to wilting. could this be powdery mildew? Tree not stressed. Thanks. Best treatment?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Red, puffy growths on Concord grape vine
July 07, 2015
I have a growth on my grapevine that is red and puffy almost looks like it is full of water. It is a Concord grapevine. I have images I can send to you! It is on the stems.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Protecting storm-damaged pecan and black walnut trees in TX
June 29, 2015
Several trees on our property in northeast Texas were uprooted by a tornado. A pecan tree with a circumference greater than 93 inches was carried to the ground. Although it is completely horizontal,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Discouraging Poison Ivy
June 27, 2015
Is there a fern that discourages poison ivy from growing?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Milky Substance on Salvia greggii
June 26, 2015
The Salvia greggii that I have in the front yard has a milky substance on it ... and the plants are not doing well. Is this some kind of fungi or disease? What can I do to "cure" it? Thank you! Lia...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 68 next >> 
672 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page