Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 next >> 
35 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Plants for a Septic Field in NC
August 14, 2013
What kinds of low water plants can I plant over a new septic field in North Carolina? The area is part sun so I am concerned about having trouble getting grass started.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrubs and trees over septic tank in Killen AL
May 20, 2013
Our church has 5year old blue rug juniper, a crape myrtle and two shrubs I can't identify planted over the septic tank which is surrounded with concrete and asphalt. I am afraid these will cause a pr...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Dog wallowing in damp area in garden from Great Bend KS
March 20, 2013
I Have a wet area in my back yard that is close to my house. and off my patio there is a water hydrant,gas meter, electrical for my hot tub, my sprinkler valves and pump all there. My dog digs throug...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bald cypress knees in leachfield from Ventura CA
March 20, 2013
Hey, I planted a seedling 20+ years ago which has turned out to be a 40'bald cypress that's now 40'. I'm a native southerner and would hate to cut it down but it's putting up knees in my septic s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Tree for on top of sewer lines from San Antonio
March 16, 2013
I am looking for an evergreen small tree with taproot to plant in a very small front yard near the sidewalk and possibly on top of or nearly on top of sewer lines. Would a Mt. Laurel be the choice? ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Tree roots in sewer from Paragould AR
September 30, 2012
I have beautiful pecan trees, an apple in the back yard, a pine on the west side of the house and pecan trees in the front yard. Two trees are interrupting my sewer systems (at least one in the back y...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildflower field for sewage leach field from Olga Washington
August 01, 2012
I am interested in planting a large native wildflower field at a resort in the San Juan Islands in Washington State. It would be over a sewage leach field for many cabins and bathrooms. Are there any ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Appropriate plants for septic field from Raymore MO
September 15, 2011
Is it practical to plant coneflower, garden phlox, etc. on a septic drain field?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Windbreak for Eastern Kansas
July 17, 2011
I need to plant a fast growing windbreak near my lateral lines for a septic tank. We obviously can't have anything that would interfere with the laterals but I desperately need a North wind break. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Can Carolina wild petunia be planted over septic tank in Nokomis FL
July 10, 2011
Could you tell me the root depth of the Ruellia caroliniensis/ Carolina wild petunia? Trying to determine if I can plant it over septic tank.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 next >> 
35 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page