Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 127 next >> 
1,269 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Hydrangea with Pest and Sun Issues
July 26, 2015
My hydrangea is in trouble. Something is eating holes in the leaves which then turn brown on the edges (the holes and the tips of the leaves are also burned). It looks like someone burned them with ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Stopping erosion on bank of a Florida retention pond
July 21, 2015
I live on a retention pond, which has had all vegetation killed by the lake doctor. As a result the bank has eroded so there is a drop off directly to the water rather than a sloping bank. What plan...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Ohio Shubs for Wildlife
July 20, 2015
Hi, I'm looking to plant shrubs and bushes for in front of our home this week but would like to plant some that are good for wildlife including bees and birds. Do you have any suggestions for norther...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Crape Myrtle Native?
July 20, 2015
Hello, I live in Frisco, TX. Can you tell me is there any Crape Myrtle which is native to Frisco, TX.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hillside Erosion in Pace FL
July 17, 2015
I have a hillside that slopes down about 10 feet to a spring fed pond. The pond drains into Escambia Bay. We have 2 dams with culverts to control the flow of water. Last year during a torrential ra...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Barrier Shrubs for North Carolina
July 11, 2015
Need a spiny barrier shrub that will grow in North Carolina shady rain forest (4,000 feet elevation) to deter trespassers wading down a creek from climbing on a private nature path that we constructed...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Draought-tolerant screening shrub for Shasta County, California
July 08, 2015
It has been suggested to me that I plant phodocarpus 'maki' along my fence for needed privacy due to it's dimensions. I need something that does not grow too wide. I would not be pruning them as I ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Magnolia in West Virginia ?
July 07, 2015
Hello, is the Dwarf sweet magnolia a native shrub to WV?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Rocky Stream Bank Plants for Dallas, TX
July 02, 2015
Need live stake shrubbery or tree ideas for a rocky stream bank prone to high water. Thank you
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Turk's Cap and Pavonia insect problems
June 27, 2015
My Turk's cap and Pavonia lasiopetala (rock rose) plants both have quite a few leaves that are skeletonized in appearance. I do not see any insects on the underside of the leaves. What could be cau...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 127 next >>