Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 117 next >> 
1,164 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Hummingbird Bushes for Broken Arrow OK
August 27, 2014
I am looking for bushes that attract hummingbirds. I live in Broken Arrow, OK. Can you recommend some?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer Resistant Plants for Newton Square, PA
August 25, 2014
I'm looking for highly deer resistant plants native to PA. Thank you!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with a Cercis (Redbud)
August 25, 2014
Half of my redbud tree is pooped out looking. On two places on the bark are areas where a few layers of bark have pulled back. In these areas there are white growths.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Transplanting and Pruning Callicarpa
August 21, 2014
I saw the previous question about Callicarpa from the guy in Texas and I have two questions based on the response. In SW Vermont, is late fall still the best time to transplant my Callicarpas? Also, i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought-Tolerant, Evergreen Groundcover for CA
August 21, 2014
We are looking for a drought tolerant, evergreen groundcover for California. I am considering Sarcococca hookeriana and Cotoneaster dammeri but don't know if they're the best options for the area. I...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Looking for a Privacy Barrier Plant for NC
August 21, 2014
I am trying to determine the best plant for a privacy barrier for my area in NC that has clay soil. I have a 6 foot high fence but need something 12 feet or taller. It has to be something that does no...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deep Rooted Large Shrub or Small Tree for Driveway Strip
August 21, 2014
I am in eastern Massachusetts. My condominium Grounds Committee is searching for a small tree suitable to plant in narrow (4'-5') beds which divide two driveways. Can you suggest something whose roo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrub for Dallas Street
August 20, 2014
I am looking for a native shrub for Dallas, Texas. It is full sun with a maximum height of 3 feet to border the street edge of a shopping center. It will get irrigated.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shady Container Plant for Austin
August 20, 2014
I am looking for a tall plant/small shrub/ornamental grass for a very large pot that is placed against the north wall of our Austin home. That spot gets some morning sun in the summer, but virtually ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are Chickasaw plums evergreen?
August 13, 2014
Are Chickasaw Plums evergreens? I've been very interested in planting a few but some websites say they are evergreens while others say the opposite. Furthermore, would I have to plant a male and fema...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 117 next >>