Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 115 next >> 
1,144 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Pollination of Fendlera rupicola
July 17, 2014
How/by what is Fendlera rupicola pollinated?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Japanese Wineberry in Maryland
July 16, 2014
Hello, we were at Cunningham Falls in Maryland and I can not identify this plant. If you could I would greatly appreciate it, thank you. It looks like a raspberry but the berries are inside small leav...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Yaupon hollies dying mysteriously
July 16, 2014
I have a row of yaupon hollies (Ilex vomitoria) that I keep trimmed like a hedge. They were all healthy for many years. Two years ago one of them died and I removed it, leaving a gap in the line of h...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Plants for a Steep Slope in TN
July 15, 2014
Hello, I live in Knoxville, TN and have a very steep slope in our backyard. There is a lot of water erosion causing our grass to be covered with red dirt. I would love to try to plant something on thi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Trees Planted Over Underground Parking Garage
July 13, 2014
I live in an apartment complex. We have trees planted over an underground parking lot. I know the names of all the trees and I want to know how much soil they should be planted in to NOT cause damage ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildlife Attracting Plants for a Shady Patio
July 03, 2014
We have a concrete patio that receives 2-3 hours of sunlight a day, so the only plants we will be able to grow will be in container. We are looking for plants that do well in shade, and containers and...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Privacy Hedge for Maryland Porch
July 03, 2014
I am working on a screen/fence, which is a barrier hedge between our house and our next door neighbor's house to add privacy to our screen porch and dining area, especially in winter. The fence would...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with American Beautyberry in Houston.
July 02, 2014
My American Beautyberry is dying one branch at a time. The entire plant looks great, now flowering and starting to put out berries. Then one or two branches will completely die. Trim those off, wi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Failure of Rock roses to bloom in Wimberly
June 26, 2014
How do we get our rock roses to bloom. Our bushy plant has grown well but for the last two years seed pods form directly without noticeable blooms
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Screening Plants for Cape Cod
June 17, 2014
I need to plant some fairly high growing leafy plants/bushes/trees for privacy and as a sound barrier in (the remains of) a pine forest in Cape Cod, MA. The pines grow tall and skinny so that we can s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 115 next >>