Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 111 next >> 
1,106 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Dying foliage on non-native Otto Luyken Laurel from Georgetown KY
April 09, 2014
I have 5 luken laurel scrubs planted around foundation. They have done very well until this last winter..the foilage is now brown and crispy. Will they come back? Do I need to prune back the damage...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant mistakes from Cedar Park, TX
April 09, 2014
At our "Wilts End" in Cedar Park, TX. and are looking for a tall shrub/tree that will hide a 6-ft tall concrete wall and muffle the noise from a busy street. The wall forms a very wide-angled V shap...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting under Pine Trees in Pocatello ID
April 08, 2014
Hi I was wondering if you could give me some ideas of what I could plant under and near some pine trees for my area. The trees are huge and so it is also constant shade where I want to plant. Thanks f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Diseased non-native red tip photinias from Richmond VA
April 08, 2014
Our red tip trees have a while substance on the bark at the base of each tree..look like some kind of fungus or mold, but we don't know how to get rid of it. Please help.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Living blooming plants for November wedding in Austin
April 07, 2014
I am an environmental educator whose daughter is getting married in Austin in November. I would like to use living blooming native plants as decorations and then donate them to a local school to plan...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Age before blooming of a Fendler rupicola from Elmendorf TX
April 06, 2014
How old does a Fendlera rupicola plant have to be before it will bloom?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Narrow, Dry, Shaded Site in Georgia
April 03, 2014
I am writing from Valdosta, GA. Could you please suggest three perennial shrubs and/or plants that flower at different times of the spring and summer? Also ones that can be planted in a 2 ft. wide s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant Suggestions for Shady Site under Trees in Alabama
April 03, 2014
I live in Montgomery, AL and have a bare area (20' x 5) that's shady and soil erosion is a problem. Grass stops growing at the drip line of the trees here. Do you have any suggestions for growing s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting Suggestions for a Lake Home in Wayne County, MO
April 03, 2014
We have a lake home in Wayne County, MO at Lake Wappapello. The soil is very rocky. We recently cleared an area around our home of assorted dead trees, some cedars and what seemed like tons of vines. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Less Maintenance Plant Suggestions for New Raised Bed in Henderson, NV.
April 03, 2014
We have a newly constructed raised garden bed. I was wondering what kind of plants would be appropriate to plant this springtime in Henderson, NV with less maintenance because I work full time.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 111 next >>