Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 116 next >> 
1,155 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Are Chickasaw plums evergreen?
August 13, 2014
Are Chickasaw Plums evergreens? I've been very interested in planting a few but some websites say they are evergreens while others say the opposite. Furthermore, would I have to plant a male and fema...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Final size of a Texas mountain laurel
August 11, 2014
I have purchased a Texas Mountain Laurel. The plant tag says it will grow 25 to 35 feet. LBWF plant data base says 10 to 15 feet. Which data should I go with? It's either plant close but not close to...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Recovery of water-stressed Agarita
August 11, 2014
Hello! I planted a small agarita at the end of May and then left town for six weeks. During that time it was supposed to receive weekly deep irrigations to help it establish, but it seems that som...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Moderate-sized trees for lawn in West Virginia
August 10, 2014
I recently had a landscape design completed by a professional lanscape company. The landscape is sloping down in front of my house. At the corner they included a Sweet Bay Magnolia, which we like ve...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of bush/vine with purple berries
August 09, 2014
I was clearing fence line and came across this plant it looks like a Bush but underneath grows like a vine it has long broad leaves that reminded me of Polk salad but it grows berry clusters the berri...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Sages in Catasauqua, PA
August 08, 2014
I want to buy a Texas Sage tree but I live in PA. Can I bring the tree indoors during winter?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Lack of Blooms and Low Hanging Limbs on Mountain Laurels
August 06, 2014
My mountain laurel didn't bloom this year but has a few hard pods on it. It is 9 ft tall but very top heavy with most growth low. I need to prune it a lot at the bottom because it has branches hangi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen sumacs for privacy along fence
August 02, 2014
I would like to plant enough Evergreen Sumacs along our fence for privacy for the length of our backyard which is 60 ft. Fifteen feet on the left and right ends are shaded with the right side being d...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Transplanting Ilex x attenuata (Savannah holly)
July 31, 2014
Is it hard to take a savannah holly out of my front yard? Do the roots grow down deep or are they more shallow? I can only take a 36-40 rootball circumference because of surrounding established shru...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Viburnum rufidulum monoecious or dioecious?
July 28, 2014
Is Viburnum rufidulum monoecious or dioecious? Your database does not address this for most plants.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 116 next >>