Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 120 next >> 
1,199 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Low Shrubs for Under First Floor Windows in DC
February 24, 2015
I'm in search of bushes to plant under the first floor windows of an apartment building I manage. I'm interested in both deterring intruders and in making the grounds more attractive. Any suggestion...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Companion Plants for Rhododendron periclymenoides
February 24, 2015
Could you identify companion plants that work well with the pink azalea (Rhododendron periclymenoides)?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen privacy screen in California
February 18, 2015
Hello, My family and I just bought a house in Paradise CA. I want to.plant privacy plants that are native to northern California. I would like the plant to be green all year but drought resistant if...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native border plants to stop erosion
February 18, 2015
I need native border plants to assist in stopping soil erosion due to water run off from rain and the Catawba River.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Rust on Amelancier Foliage in PA
February 03, 2015
I live in Pennsylvania and have been plagued with a rust on my serviceberry (Amelanchier canadensis) trees over the past few years. I am unable to find very much information on this disease on the we...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Time for pruning wax myrtle in Texas
January 31, 2015
We live in Houston. Can we prune back our southern wax myrtle now?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Small evergreen shrubs for part shade in Texas
January 31, 2015
Mr. Smarty Pants, I'm, for some reason, at odds with myself about a shrub decision. I have need about 8 ft of hedge-like evergreen shrub(s) that I can maintain around 4ft to go under a window. It...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Sap oozing from trunks of Cherry Laurels in Austin, TX
January 24, 2015
I have several mature compact cherry laurels whose leaves are beginning to turn yellow. They are in raised beds, have been properly fertilized, have compost spread around them, and are properly water...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

plants for a rain garden's moist area in Central Texas
January 15, 2015
I am looking for local natives to plant in the wet portion of a rain garden/bioswale. Can you help, please?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer-resistant trees for privacy in Texas
January 09, 2015
I need to find a deer resistant tall shrub or tree to plant and hide the deer fence my neighbor just put up on our property line. My property has full sun in parts and mostly shady in other parts and ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 120 next >>