Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 124 next >> 
1,239 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Looking for plants for phytoremediation in Columbus, TX
May 27, 2015
Hello! I am looking for native Texan phytodegrading/rhizodegrading plants (basically I want phytoremediating plants that could be left in place and not have to be removed/disposed of after they had ta...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Texas mountain laurel honey toxic?
May 25, 2015
I have been told that honey produced from the flowers of my Texas Mountain Laurel (Sophora secundiflora) would not be safe to consume. Is this correct? The only information I have been able to find is...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing Buttonbush in California
May 24, 2015
For the Buttonbush, how do you keep it consistently moist?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Does Buttonbush Spread?
May 20, 2015
I live in Los Angeles County. Does Buttonbush spread via its roots/rhizomes? I've got a picture I could send in a reply. Gotta know if it's, what I see, a part of the buttonbush.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of white flowering bush with lovely scent
May 17, 2015
Please identify the sweet smelling white flowering bush/tree blooming now,May, in western Massachusetts. The flowers are tiny 4(?) petals in small clusters. The scent is wonderful.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Dogwoods Late in Blooming
May 14, 2015
We are seeing no evidence of flowers on two dogwoods this year. One usually is in bloom now, the other later on in the spring.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Texas sage losing inner leaves
May 14, 2015
I have a Texas Sage bush that on the outside is beautiful with green leaves. The inside branches (the middle) of the bush are bare of any leaves. Why?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mountain Laurel suffering from Spring freeze
May 12, 2015
I have a 4 1/2 ft Texas Mountain Laurel shrub in current location for several years. A hard freeze this spring killed every leaf on the tree, but the stems remained green. My other smaller Mt. Laure...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need to know about little brown spots on Texas Mountain Laurel
May 11, 2015
I have little brown spots on my Texas Mountain Laurel leaves. I can email you a picture if needed. What could it be and how can I help my little laurels work thru these spots? The texas mountain ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Chickasaw Plum suckering potential in Washington DC area
May 11, 2015
I have planted some chickasaw plums around the border of my property. My property is surrounded by a wooded area, which then opens into a golfcourse. Is there a chance that my chickasaw plums would...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 124 next >>