En Espa—ol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 123 next >> 
1,225 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Arctostaphylos Hanging Basket for Texas
April 24, 2015
I would like to plant an Arctostaphylos uva-ursi in a hanging basket with a coco liner. Will this work, or will the roots grow too long? it's the 'Massachusetts' cultivar.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Passiflora and Leucophyllum together in Texas
April 23, 2015
I've got a Passiflora incarnata that has self-propagated around a cenizo sage. My question is, will the passionflower vine choke out or otherwise damage the cenizo? Do I need to cut back the vine? ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a children's playground
April 20, 2015
We have extensive native gardens on our 2 acre property, but my children want a garden of their own with plants they can hide under and that are good for imaginative play. Are there any native plants...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer Resistant Roses and Fruit Trees in NC
April 20, 2015
Hello, I am planning a house on Lake Gaston in North Carolina (to be built) and will need to establish a new garden on the cleared lot. I would like to focus on native plants, but I love a cutting ga...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Teucrium resistant to Verticillium Wilt?
April 20, 2015
Is Teucrium frutescans, or Bush Germander resistant to Verticillium Wilt? I cannot find it on a list anywhere.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen groundcovers for NE NC
April 20, 2015
Can you please provide a list of evergreen native groundcovers for Northeastern NC?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen Trees for Low Maintenance Screen
April 18, 2015
We live in Pacifica, CA and are looking to plant a row of low maintenance trees in our back yard along our fence, that grow to be a maximum of 15' high, that stay green year round. What do you recomm...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Cold Hardy Hibiscus for Central Texas
April 18, 2015
What variety of Hibiscus is cold hardy for Central Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fast Growing Shrub for Oceanside New York Site
April 17, 2015
Can you recommend a tall, fast-growing shrub for a sandy location (near an ocean beach in New York) in full sun? Iím looking for a privacy shield.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Shaded Slope in Philadelphia
April 17, 2015
I have a small slope along the North side of my house in a suburb of Philadelphia. A small maple tree grows there but most of it gets no sun at all (a large segment is under the tree). I had the soil ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 123 next >>