Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 45 next >> 
446 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Ripe fruit of Melothria pendula (Guadaloupe cucumber)
July 22, 2014
I see the pictures of the guadualupe cucumber plant. The fruit is still green. When it matures does it look like a small tomato? I have noticed the vine when the fruit is ripe. This is in McLennan C...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Purple leatherflower with white bloom
July 17, 2014
A couple of years ago at the wildflower center native plant sale I bought a purple leatherflower according to the tag. This is the first year it has bloomed and the blooms are pure white. The shape ma...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of vine with orangish flowers
July 09, 2014
I am looking to ID what I believe is a vine growing plant that blooms orangish flowers. I have pictures of the plant, and have attempted to use multiple plant ID websites. But have been unsuccessful. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing Grapes in Southern Texas on an Arbor
July 02, 2014
I've redirected several grape vines (from the top third of a broken oak tree) onto an arbor. The base of the vine is about 3 or 4 inches in diameter. Is it feasible to work with (prune) the smaller b...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native evergreen vine for East Texas
June 21, 2014
Can you please recommend a native vine (western edge of East Texas in the pines) that will be evergreen and fast growing? It will get about 4 to 5 hours of sun on my moongate. Flowers a plus, but not ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of a vine in Tennessee
June 14, 2014
I have a beautiful vine with clusters approximately 70 feet All the way up a tree in a heavily wooded area. It seems to be evergreen or semi- evergreen. Can you help identify?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Climbing vines for partial shade in North Texas
June 12, 2014
I've read your recommendations for climbing vines in partial-shade, but requestor was from Central Texas (Austin-area). Would those recommendations hold true for North Texas (DFW area)?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Matelea reticulata invasive? Will it take over a crossvine?
June 11, 2014
I have 50 feet of fencing with a healthy crop of cross vine on it. Pearl milkweed (I believe it is Matelea reticulata) is growing into portions of the cross vine. Is the milkweed too invasive for th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vine for trellis in Brooklyn, New York
June 11, 2014
Hello, I am looking for a native vine to grow on a trellis in a large container. I live in Brooklyn, NY, and the area is in part shade. Thank you.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Distinguishing native Celastrus scandens from non-native C. Orbiculatus from Lexington MA
June 08, 2014
Dear Mr. Plants, I maintain a wildflower garden with the Lexington Field and Garden Club in Lexington, Massachusetts. Every year, I pull up sprouts of Celastris orbiulatis. I want to plan...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 45 next >> 
446 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page