Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 44 next >> 
431 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Vine for shady planter from Cedar Park TX
April 19, 2014
We bought a home in Central Texas and inherited several raised-bed planters. One of the planters is set up to grow a vine, but it's in a part of the yard that is mostly in the shade of a tree. Is t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ivy a suitable ground cover in Live Oaks from Gulfport MS
April 17, 2014
Will Ivy be a safe and suitable ground cover for old growth Live Oak trees in coastal Mississippi?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vine to cover fence from Haverhill MA
April 17, 2014
Hello, I'm looking for a fast growing vine to cover a chain link fence. The area is sunny half of the day. I have 2 small children so I don't want something that attracts bees or could be dangerous ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Eliminating kudzu from Richmond KY
March 26, 2014
I live in Richmond KY, Kirksville area. I have noticed that Kudzu has started to grow in my patch of land next to the creek. How can I get rid of this before it becomes a big problem?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Yellowing leaves on Carolina jessamine from Las Vegas NV
March 21, 2014
Carolina jessamine, has yellow leaves. 3 years old, grows on south wall, full sun. Same plant, in partial shade, has green leaves. Should I feed yellowish plant some nitrogen? If yes how much?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native vine for privacy on metal mesh fence from Houston
March 20, 2014
Is there a native vine that does not get top heavy in order to provide privacy from the bottom to the top on an expanded metal mesh fence? It's okay if it dies back, but prefer for it to be evergree...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native perennials for Missouri City, TX
March 19, 2014
I checked all the questions for my area and still need help. What are some native perennials for southeast Texas
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Edible forest garden for northern Minnesota
March 07, 2014
I am planning an edible forest garden for northern Minnesota. Can you suggest a list of plants that are native to this area. We are in zone 3a or 3b. Thank you!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

When will non-native Confederate Jasmine bloom in Austin
March 03, 2014
I have 2 large Confederate Jasmine plants growing in 3 gallon pots on either side of an arbor I built for my friends wedding. The wedding is in 1 month and I'm wondering if this jasmine typically bl...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is non-native mascagnia macroptera poisonous to animals from Hockley TX
February 17, 2014
Is Mascagmia macroptra (Butterfly Vine) poisonous to animals (horses and dogs)?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 44 next >> 
431 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page