Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 48 next >> 
472 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Passiflora and Leucophyllum together in Texas
April 23, 2015
I've got a Passiflora incarnata that has self-propagated around a cenizo sage. My question is, will the passionflower vine choke out or otherwise damage the cenizo? Do I need to cut back the vine? ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a children's playground
April 20, 2015
We have extensive native gardens on our 2 acre property, but my children want a garden of their own with plants they can hide under and that are good for imaginative play. Are there any native plants...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen groundcovers for NE NC
April 20, 2015
Can you please provide a list of evergreen native groundcovers for Northeastern NC?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of ivy-like plant with large purplish leaves.
March 27, 2015
Can you ID this ivy-like growing plant with a big purplish elephant ear type leaf and a big green stem pouch?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vine for Chain Link Fence in Virginia
March 25, 2015
I am from Great Falls, Virginia. I would like to know what the best vine is to grow on aluminum fences to cover them up quickly but also doesn't damage expensive fences in a long term?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vines for Madison, Wisconsin
March 12, 2015
What are some good options for non-aggressive native vines for southern Wisconsin? I am looking for something that can cover a chain-link fence and benefit local insects. I don't want it to take ov...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-Toxic Flowering Vine for Sunny Trellis in California
March 12, 2015
I am looking for a flowering trellis plant that is non-toxic to my dog, will grow in the California area that I live in, and will be in full sun.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need advice ab out raspberry root in Merced CA
February 14, 2015
I planted a raspberry root the day that it started raining hard. I was just concerned about the root rotting since there is so much rain going on lately. Will I need to replace it or will the root...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Milkweed species for Central Texas
February 11, 2015
What milkweed should I plant in the flood plain behind my house on Brushy Creek.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will Bittersweet climb on a streetlight pole?
February 05, 2015
Will Bittersweet climb on a streetlight pole, or does it need to be with a tree?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 48 next >> 
472 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page