Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 43 next >> 
428 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Eliminating kudzu from Richmond KY
March 26, 2014
I live in Richmond KY, Kirksville area. I have noticed that Kudzu has started to grow in my patch of land next to the creek. How can I get rid of this before it becomes a big problem?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Yellowing leaves on Carolina jessamine from Las Vegas NV
March 21, 2014
Carolina jessamine, has yellow leaves. 3 years old, grows on south wall, full sun. Same plant, in partial shade, has green leaves. Should I feed yellowish plant some nitrogen? If yes how much?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native vine for privacy on metal mesh fence from Houston
March 20, 2014
Is there a native vine that does not get top heavy in order to provide privacy from the bottom to the top on an expanded metal mesh fence? It's okay if it dies back, but prefer for it to be evergree...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native perennials for Missouri City, TX
March 19, 2014
I checked all the questions for my area and still need help. What are some native perennials for southeast Texas
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Edible forest garden for northern Minnesota
March 07, 2014
I am planning an edible forest garden for northern Minnesota. Can you suggest a list of plants that are native to this area. We are in zone 3a or 3b. Thank you!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

When will non-native Confederate Jasmine bloom in Austin
March 03, 2014
I have 2 large Confederate Jasmine plants growing in 3 gallon pots on either side of an arbor I built for my friends wedding. The wedding is in 1 month and I'm wondering if this jasmine typically bl...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is non-native mascagnia macroptera poisonous to animals from Hockley TX
February 17, 2014
Is Mascagmia macroptra (Butterfly Vine) poisonous to animals (horses and dogs)?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Low Ground Cover for Steep, Shaded PA Site
February 17, 2014
I am located in Downingtown, PA, right on the border between Zone 6 and 7. Please provide a recommendation of a native ground cover for the following conditions: steep slope (greater than 45%), full s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Tough, Non-toxic Vine to Cover Fence in Washington
February 16, 2014
I have about 150 feet of 6-foot high chain link fence that I would like to cover with a vine for privacy. I really want an evergreen or semi-evergreen plant that requires very little care. I also don...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What color should I paint a gazebo for vines in Arizona?
January 29, 2014
I have a two questions. I have a dome shaped metal gazebo that I want a vine to grow up the 4 columns and cover the top. I live in Tempe, AZ which is hugely hot in summer. The gazebo is black right ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 43 next >> 
428 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page