Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 49 next >> 
484 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Safe to plant Wisteria frutescens near a foundation?
July 01, 2015
I am interested in planting a Wisteria frutescens 'Nivea'. It will be next to a house foundation wall. Could you tell me what type of root system it has? Would it be a root that would dama...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Discouraging Poison Ivy
June 27, 2015
Is there a fern that discourages poison ivy from growing?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vine with 5 pointed deep lobed leaves and small white flowers
June 21, 2015
I recently happened upon a very peculiar vine. It has 5 pointed very deep lobed leaves, that are semi hairy on both the top and bottom with small white flowers that emerge from the same part of the st...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Invasive vine with yellow flowers in Austin
June 21, 2015
What is the invasive vine in Austin that has wire like stems and small leaves. It just blossomed huge yellow flowers this spring. It climbs cliff, trees, bldgs., etc.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of fleshy three-leaved vine in Central Texas
June 20, 2015
I have a 3 leaved evergreen vine, that I assume is a central Texas native, growing in my yard in a non irrigated mostly shady spot. It has a strong odor when touched and looks and feels like a succule...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will Crossvine damage stucco walls?
June 17, 2015
The Crossvine I planted about a month ago is doing well. It is growing up a stucco wall and its little tendrils are sticking to (or into?) the stucco. Is this going to grow into the stucco and damage ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native vine for a privacy fence in Austin, TX.
June 16, 2015
I have a vacant lot in Greenshores that has two 6' iron fences. Neighbor planted some sort of vine that grows up and along fence for privacy, white flowers when in bloom, I assume its Jasmine? On ne...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Flowering shrubs and vines for San Angelo, Texas
May 28, 2015
Hello What would be the best flowering shrubs and vines to plant here in dry San Angelo?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to propagate Scarlet leatherflower (Clematis texensis)
May 25, 2015
How do you collect seeds for the scarlet leatherflower? I saw your answer on how to grow from seeds but I'm not sure how to collect the seeds. Also is it possible to grow the scarlet leatherflower...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant for Erosion Control on Wooded Slope in MD
May 19, 2015
We are looking for a plant to help with erosion control on a wooded slope next to our drive. The roots of several of the trees are exposed like a shelf, so I think it's a fairly severe problem. We ar...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 49 next >> 
484 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page