Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 47 next >> 
469 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Identification of ivy-like plant with large purplish leaves.
March 27, 2015
Can you ID this ivy-like growing plant with a big purplish elephant ear type leaf and a big green stem pouch?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vine for Chain Link Fence in Virginia
March 25, 2015
I am from Great Falls, Virginia. I would like to know what the best vine is to grow on aluminum fences to cover them up quickly but also doesn't damage expensive fences in a long term?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vines for Madison, Wisconsin
March 12, 2015
What are some good options for non-aggressive native vines for southern Wisconsin? I am looking for something that can cover a chain-link fence and benefit local insects. I don't want it to take ov...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-Toxic Flowering Vine for Sunny Trellis in California
March 12, 2015
I am looking for a flowering trellis plant that is non-toxic to my dog, will grow in the California area that I live in, and will be in full sun.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need advice ab out raspberry root in Merced CA
February 14, 2015
I planted a raspberry root the day that it started raining hard. I was just concerned about the root rotting since there is so much rain going on lately. Will I need to replace it or will the root...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Milkweed species for Central Texas
February 11, 2015
What milkweed should I plant in the flood plain behind my house on Brushy Creek.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will Bittersweet climb on a streetlight pole?
February 05, 2015
Will Bittersweet climb on a streetlight pole, or does it need to be with a tree?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Carolina Jessamine Toxic to Honey Bees?
January 20, 2015
Is Carolina jessamine toxic to honey bees? I have read conflicting answers.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Thorny vines for a shady Louisiana fence
January 17, 2015
Do you know of a fast growing, non-invasive, thorny vine that I can grow along a shady fence row in Baton Rouge, Louisiana?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fast-growing vines for the Texas Hill Country
January 17, 2015
What are the best fast-growing vines for our Hill Country location? The vine will be growing on a stucco wall, so we don't want the vine to grow into the stucco and destroy it. Location has morning ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 47 next >> 
469 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page