Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 next >> 
59 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Environmental factors that affect lifecycle stages of maidenhair fern.
November 07, 2014
What are the environmental factors that can affect the lifecycle stages of a maidenhair fern, particularly A. trichorleopis? Thank you
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Texas Plants for a Terrarium
October 08, 2014
I have a 55-gallon aquarium that I would like to make into a terrarium. Are there any Texas native plants that would do well in the limited artificial light of the tank? The plants should be of varyin...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for shade in Duval County, Florida
September 17, 2014
What low growing ground cover would be good for a lake edge area. This area is shaded with overlying woodland type trees. I planted some autumn ferns but they have getting overrun with poison ivy. I a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Chemical Weed Control in Lady Ferns in North Carolina
August 12, 2014
Lady Fern (Athyrium filix femina): What herbicide may I use for weeds in a new bed of Lady fern.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hanging Baskets for Batson, TX
May 23, 2014
What plants can I put in hanging baskets for my shady porch?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hanging plants for Austin, TX
May 18, 2014
I'm looking for a hanging potted flower suggestion for Austin. Most locations are shaded under a large tree, but some locations may have several hours of afternoon sun. I'd love to see some hummin...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ground cover to control hillside erosion in Illinois
May 04, 2014
I have seen some other questions regarding native plants for erosion control, but I am looking specifically for plants that will do well on a hill in partial to full shade. I am told the soil in our a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Recovering neglected garden space from Grapevine TX
March 22, 2014
I live in Grapevine TX (Dallas). I just moved into a house where almost the entire large backyard is covered by oak trees that shed tons of leaves throughout our mild falls/winters. The yard has not...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Starting shade-tolerant ground covers in New York
September 10, 2013
Hi, I have seen some of the posts for shade-tolerant ground cover on the east end of Long Island and my question is process related. Now that I've identified the grasses/plants I need to keep my fro...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen plant to cover parents' graves in Louisiana
June 30, 2013
We want to plant ground cover on our parents graves in Plain Dealing Cemetery in north Bossier Parish LA. Soil is red clay/dirt. Want native plant, slow growing, short not tall plant, that might sta...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 next >> 
59 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page