Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 next >> 
52 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Recovering neglected garden space from Grapevine TX
March 22, 2014
I live in Grapevine TX (Dallas). I just moved into a house where almost the entire large backyard is covered by oak trees that shed tons of leaves throughout our mild falls/winters. The yard has not...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Starting shade-tolerant ground covers in New York
September 10, 2013
Hi, I have seen some of the posts for shade-tolerant ground cover on the east end of Long Island and my question is process related. Now that I've identified the grasses/plants I need to keep my fro...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen plant to cover parents' graves in Louisiana
June 30, 2013
We want to plant ground cover on our parents graves in Plain Dealing Cemetery in north Bossier Parish LA. Soil is red clay/dirt. Want native plant, slow growing, short not tall plant, that might sta...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Container plants for part shade in Bee Cave TX
June 18, 2013
Dear Mr Smarty Pants, I am looking for plants that will thrive on my covered porch in 3 tall planters. These are meant to help me block an unattractive view out my living room window, so they must...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native plants for a garden in Panama City, FL
May 10, 2013
I live in zone 9 in Florida. We are looking for plants which will be attractive all year long for the front of our house's landscaping which faces north. I need a specimen bush which doesn't get ov...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Smoky Mountains Shaded Slope Plant Suggestions
April 29, 2013
We live in a very shady spot in Great Smoky Mountains in Western North Carolina. We would like to plant vegetation on a sloped area behind our cottage to stop erosion after building an addition. Our h...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Yellowing fern houseplants from Lancaster PA
April 10, 2013
I have fern houseplants about 9 to 12 months old and they are turning yellow. I don't overwater and they get good light. They are growing well but I don't understand the yellowing and falling off! ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to grow in shady sand in Florida
March 31, 2013
We live in central Florida (directly between Orlando and Tampa). Our yard is mostly sand for soil and difficult parts in shade almost all day from large trees. What ground cover (grass) and hedges can...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to grow in shady area near a pecan tree in Maryland
March 26, 2013
I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I have planted only natives in my front lawn. My backyard, which sports a pecan tree, fir, fig tree, and others I can't identify is dirt, just dirt. I have...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native container plants from Hillsdale NJ
March 22, 2013
Looking for suggestions for the easiest natives to grow in containers.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 next >> 
52 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page