Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 next >> 
62 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Calcium from Eggshells for Ferns?
December 15, 2014
I was reading recently about beneficial additions to the soil/plant. The first was about soaking used egg shells overnight and then pouring the water onto ferns. They said that the calcium in eggshell...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to prevent creekside erosion in Nacogdoches County, Texas
December 09, 2014
I am looking for some advice on plants native to Texas that can help prevent erosion. I own a wooded lot with a creek and would like to consolidate the sides of the creek against potential erosion. I...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a moist, wooded area in North Carolina
December 06, 2014
I am looking to plant some native flowers in a wooded area in Surry County NC. The chosen location is fully shaded beside a creek. The water table typically sets about 2 feet below the surface of th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Environmental factors that affect lifecycle stages of maidenhair fern.
November 07, 2014
What are the environmental factors that can affect the lifecycle stages of a maidenhair fern, particularly A. trichorleopis? Thank you
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Texas Plants for a Terrarium
October 08, 2014
I have a 55-gallon aquarium that I would like to make into a terrarium. Are there any Texas native plants that would do well in the limited artificial light of the tank? The plants should be of varyin...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for shade in Duval County, Florida
September 17, 2014
What low growing ground cover would be good for a lake edge area. This area is shaded with overlying woodland type trees. I planted some autumn ferns but they have getting overrun with poison ivy. I a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Chemical Weed Control in Lady Ferns in North Carolina
August 12, 2014
Lady Fern (Athyrium filix femina): What herbicide may I use for weeds in a new bed of Lady fern.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hanging Baskets for Batson, TX
May 23, 2014
What plants can I put in hanging baskets for my shady porch?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hanging plants for Austin, TX
May 18, 2014
I'm looking for a hanging potted flower suggestion for Austin. Most locations are shaded under a large tree, but some locations may have several hours of afternoon sun. I'd love to see some hummin...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ground cover to control hillside erosion in Illinois
May 04, 2014
I have seen some other questions regarding native plants for erosion control, but I am looking specifically for plants that will do well on a hill in partial to full shade. I am told the soil in our a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 next >> 
62 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page