Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 18 next >> 
172 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Dog-safe Privacy Screen for Ocala, FL
June 25, 2015
Am desperately searching for fast growing privacy that would be non toxic to dogs in Ocala, Florida (zone 9 I think). Wanted Leland cypress but due to toxicity it won't work.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Plant for Containers in Delaware
June 23, 2015
I live on the East Coast. I have a large covered porch that only gets some afternoon sun. I have tried full sun, partial sun and shade plants, and had no luck with them thriving. Can you recommend any...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Container Plants for Lubbock, Texas
June 22, 2015
Hello! I am looking for plants suitable for container gardening for a west facing porch in Lubbock. Plants need to be super tough to endure the baking sun, constant wind, dry air, extreme temperatures...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for strip between sidewalk and street
June 21, 2015
Dear Sir, My name is Brandon. I live in Leander TX (just North of Cedar Park). I have an area that is in the "street strip" (in between sidewalk and asphalt) of my home that I would like to d...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Aquatic Plants for a Small Pond in Missouri
June 11, 2015
We have a small backyard pond (4' x 5' x 2' deep) with a shelf for marginal plants, and a pump that feeds a nice little creek and waterfall into the pond. We don't really want fish, but we'd lik...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrubs for Central Texas that are Verticillium Resistant
April 16, 2015
We need a list of at least a few shrubs in the 6'x3'+ size that are Verticillium Wilt resistant. We have taken out the affected Elaeagnus and would like to replace it with a screen of similar densit...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Perennials for Bees and Butterflies in VA
April 15, 2015
What native perennial plants and trees can we plant to help honey bees and butterfly larvae in Harrisonburg, VA?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly and Hummingbird Attracting Plants for CT
April 15, 2015
Could you please give me a list of flowers that would attract butterflies and hummingbirds? I live in Darien, Connecticut and would love to make a butterfly garden.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

New Jersey Native Plants for a Raised Bed
April 15, 2015
I want to plant some native plants in a raised bed in New Jersey along side a stucco wall that gets direct sun and is very dry due to an overhang. Any suggestions?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Groundcover Suggestions for Under Florida Oak Trees
April 03, 2015
I am looking for native plants that will do well under several oak trees in Northeast Florida. My yard doesn't get much sun and I'm told I have acidic soil. Are the any plants that would do well wit...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 18 next >> 
172 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page