Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 16 next >> 
157 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Shrubs for a Shady Foundation Planting in Texas
February 28, 2015
We are looking for foundation shrubs, 2-4' mature height, for a totally shaded area which does receive bright light all day.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Short, Shady Plants for South Carolina
February 24, 2015
I have a shady part of my mother's garden that doesn't drain very well. Do you have any suggestions as to what type of flowers or plants (preferably native to S.C.) that aren't red that might grow ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Companion Plants for Rhododendron periclymenoides
February 24, 2015
Could you identify companion plants that work well with the pink azalea (Rhododendron periclymenoides)?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant Database for New Jersey
February 19, 2015
How can I find out where certain plants will grow, for example, will Indian Mustard (Brassica juncea L.) grow in New Jersey?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Plants for Year Round Interest
February 16, 2015
I'm involved in a paradigm shift from traditional bedding plants (petunias, zinnias, begonias, etc.) to native plants. I realize that native plants have natural life cycles where they look pretty bad...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Septic Field Recommendations for SW Austin
February 09, 2015
What would be good native plants to vegetate septic drip fields in both sun and shade in Southwest Austin. The regulations want plants that are evergreen and shallow rooted.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Narrow Fence Line in TN
February 03, 2015
I have a very specific and difficult planting question. I have a narrow strip (about 2 feet at the widest) between my back privacy fence and a wire fence that marks the edge of my property. It is dire...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Annual Native Plants for Interplanting in Iowa
January 20, 2015
I'm looking for suggestions for annuals that will flower from seed or from spring plants. I want to use them to fill in the space around newly planted coneflowers and asters that I fear will look spa...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Number of plant species existing in South Carolina
December 21, 2014
Where can I find the number of known or estimated number of plant species existing in South Carolina? I have tried several search engines, but perhaps I am not wording my query properly. Thank you f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Specifying sizes of plants for pond edge plantings in Austin area
December 19, 2014
I am working on a list of pond edge plantings for the Austin area that will be in the fluctuation zone and I have my list of my plants but I need to know how to spec the sizes and to make sure my list...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 16 next >> 
157 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page