Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 17 next >> 
167 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Shrubs for Central Texas that are Verticillium Resistant
April 16, 2015
We need a list of at least a few shrubs in the 6'x3'+ size that are Verticillium Wilt resistant. We have taken out the affected Elaeagnus and would like to replace it with a screen of similar densit...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Perennials for Bees and Butterflies in VA
April 15, 2015
What native perennial plants and trees can we plant to help honey bees and butterfly larvae in Harrisonburg, VA?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly and Hummingbird Attracting Plants for CT
April 15, 2015
Could you please give me a list of flowers that would attract butterflies and hummingbirds? I live in Darien, Connecticut and would love to make a butterfly garden.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

New Jersey Native Plants for a Raised Bed
April 15, 2015
I want to plant some native plants in a raised bed in New Jersey along side a stucco wall that gets direct sun and is very dry due to an overhang. Any suggestions?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Groundcover Suggestions for Under Florida Oak Trees
April 03, 2015
I am looking for native plants that will do well under several oak trees in Northeast Florida. My yard doesn't get much sun and I'm told I have acidic soil. Are the any plants that would do well wit...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pool-Side Plants for Miami
April 02, 2015
I am looking for plants, along the line of ti plant cordyline features, to plant around my chlorinated pool area with full South Miami sun. We have a dog therefore they must be non-toxic plants. The...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native wildflowers for an Asheville, NC garden.
March 30, 2015
I live in Asheville. I just bought a small home for the first time with a .22 acre yard. It's extremely sunny on the east side and gets good sun most of the day. Like most WNC area yards it's on a s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vines for Madison, Wisconsin
March 12, 2015
What are some good options for non-aggressive native vines for southern Wisconsin? I am looking for something that can cover a chain-link fence and benefit local insects. I don't want it to take ov...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer Resistant Evergreens for Pennsylvania Woods
March 12, 2015
We are looking for evergreens that will grow in a partially shaded/wooded area and are ideally deer resistant. Hemlocks are out because of a parasite infestation in our area of Pennsylvania.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-Toxic Flowering Vine for Sunny Trellis in California
March 12, 2015
I am looking for a flowering trellis plant that is non-toxic to my dog, will grow in the California area that I live in, and will be in full sun.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 17 next >> 
167 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page