Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 20 next >> 
191 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Rabbit-proof Plants for Florida Swimming Pool Area
February 22, 2016
I plan on planting white star jasmine and purple bocouilla plants around a south-facing swimming pool in Naples, Florida. I was told rabbits might eat them which we do have. Should I be concerned, and...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a fairy garden
February 16, 2016
Hi Smarty.. I would like to create a fairy garden for my 3 year old daughter this spring in a 4ft x 2ft space. Do you have any suggestions on what native plants would be great for this?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrub Recommendation for Chain Link Fence in DE
January 26, 2016
What shrub would you recommend for covering a chain link fence and providing a screen between mine & my neighbors yard? They have kids, so it would have to be non-toxic. I'd like flowers/berries for ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrubs for 2,000 feet Elevation in AZ
January 23, 2016
What shrubs can I plant in New River, AZ, 2,000 feet above sea level?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Climbing Roses for the Pacific Northwest
January 23, 2016
I'm trying to find out which types of climbing roses may exist in the Pacific Northwest. I live in western Washington, and I have a small yard with several large hedges bordering it. I'm growing hai...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrubs for Birds and Bees in North Texas
December 17, 2015
I have a small backyard and would love to grow native plants for North Texas. I don't think I can grow trees, but for sure can do 1-2 crape myrtle-size shrubs. I have some rose of Sharon's going on ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hillside Groundcovers for Pollinating Insects in Wisconsin
November 28, 2015
I am looking for native plants for a project around Hudson, Wisconsin. We are to choose native plants to be seeded next spring 2016. They are to be planted on a hillside under and around solar panels ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade, Heat, Drought and Acidic Soil Tolerant Perennials for Las Vegas?
November 28, 2015
What can I grow under my pine trees that is shade and heat (and acidity) tolerant? I live in Las Vegas, NV and would like perennials to plant under my pine trees.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vines for a Chicago Pergola in Zone 5
November 28, 2015
I'm looking for some recommendations of vines for my south-facing pergola. I live in a northwest suburb of Chicago, in Zone 5 with heavy clay soil.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Colorful Maples for Virginia and Pennsylvania
November 27, 2015
We are trying to find out which trees have three or more leaf colors in the fall in Virginia and/or Pennsylvania. We found that Sweetgum and some maples do. Can you please let us know which maples hav...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 20 next >> 
191 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page