Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 16 next >> 
160 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Vines for Madison, Wisconsin
March 12, 2015
What are some good options for non-aggressive native vines for southern Wisconsin? I am looking for something that can cover a chain-link fence and benefit local insects. I don't want it to take ov...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer Resistant Evergreens for Pennsylvania Woods
March 12, 2015
We are looking for evergreens that will grow in a partially shaded/wooded area and are ideally deer resistant. Hemlocks are out because of a parasite infestation in our area of Pennsylvania.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-Toxic Flowering Vine for Sunny Trellis in California
March 12, 2015
I am looking for a flowering trellis plant that is non-toxic to my dog, will grow in the California area that I live in, and will be in full sun.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrubs for a Shady Foundation Planting in Texas
February 28, 2015
We are looking for foundation shrubs, 2-4' mature height, for a totally shaded area which does receive bright light all day.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Short, Shady Plants for South Carolina
February 24, 2015
I have a shady part of my mother's garden that doesn't drain very well. Do you have any suggestions as to what type of flowers or plants (preferably native to S.C.) that aren't red that might grow ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Companion Plants for Rhododendron periclymenoides
February 24, 2015
Could you identify companion plants that work well with the pink azalea (Rhododendron periclymenoides)?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant Database for New Jersey
February 19, 2015
How can I find out where certain plants will grow, for example, will Indian Mustard (Brassica juncea L.) grow in New Jersey?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Plants for Year Round Interest
February 16, 2015
I'm involved in a paradigm shift from traditional bedding plants (petunias, zinnias, begonias, etc.) to native plants. I realize that native plants have natural life cycles where they look pretty bad...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Septic Field Recommendations for SW Austin
February 09, 2015
What would be good native plants to vegetate septic drip fields in both sun and shade in Southwest Austin. The regulations want plants that are evergreen and shallow rooted.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Narrow Fence Line in TN
February 03, 2015
I have a very specific and difficult planting question. I have a narrow strip (about 2 feet at the widest) between my back privacy fence and a wire fence that marks the edge of my property. It is dire...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 16 next >> 
160 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page