En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 936 next >> 
9,356 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
When is best time to plant seeds of Texas Nightshade in San Antonio, TX?
September 20, 2014
I need to know the time to plant seeds of Texas Nightshade. Can I plant them now ( August ), or wait till fall or spring?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrub with thorns, black fruit and citrus fragrance in Michigan
September 19, 2014
I'm not sure that my plant is a native, but I'm hoping to find some answer. There is a small patch of roadside shrubs on my property which I've been unable to identify. They have simple opposite ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Desert Willow Roots from Lubbock, TX
September 18, 2014
I have a very, very happy Desert Willow that has grown larger than we expected and is probably too close to the house. Do I need to worry about a cracked foundation or pipe problems? Thanks!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Dwarf Yaupon Holly Cultivar Heights
September 18, 2014
What is the largest of the dwarf yaupons?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fast-growing shade tree for Corona CA
September 17, 2014
Hi, I'm looking for a fast growing shade tree. I live in Corona CA so it will need to do well in a lot of sun, moderate winds and clay soil. Thanks so much for your suggestions.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is mulch from hackberry and chinaberry trees safe for flowerbeds?
September 17, 2014
We had to remove several large hackberry and china berry trees. Is its mulch safe to use in garden and in flower beds?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Alternative for HABITURF® in Contra Costa County, CA
September 17, 2014
We live in Kensington, just north of Berkeley, in the San Francisco area. We intend to get rid of our water consuming lawn and we are wondering what kind of alternative you would suggest. You don't s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for shade in Duval County, Florida
September 17, 2014
What low growing ground cover would be good for a lake edge area. This area is shaded with overlying woodland type trees. I planted some autumn ferns but they have getting overrun with poison ivy. I a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with Pterocaulon pycnostachyum
September 17, 2014
I have a solitary Pterocaulon pycnostachyum in my wildscape; it invited itself. Some years it does not flower at all (or the bloom is eaten before I see it), and its stalks (usually 4) are not ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of vine growing in Naples Florida
September 15, 2014
I live on country/residential property outside of Naples, Florida. This year I have had dozens of seedlings of some type of vine popping up all over. I have posted on a couple plant blogs looking for ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 936 next >>