Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 12 next >> 
115 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Growing Green milkweed vine from seed
July 29, 2015
I was given some seed for the pearl milkweed vine which I intend to plant, but I can find no information on whether to stratify or scarify them or just plant them. I know some milkweeds require strati...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly Plants for D.C. Garden
July 16, 2015
I have one half of the side of the house face NE and the other half faces NW. The front of the house faces east. The back of the house faces west which is woody with native trees of Rock Creek Park of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pollinators for Washington State
June 26, 2015
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I am removing invasive knotweed in the Pacific Northwest and I would like to provide native plant alternatives that would flower and provide pollen in the late summer/fall f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly and Pollinator Plants for Indianapolis Garden
June 23, 2015
I live in Indianapolis, IN and would like to have a native garden. I'd be especially interested in plants that help butterflies and bumble bees. There's a fairly dry area on the west side of the hou...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Blue Mist Ageratum Shrub?
June 16, 2015
Is there a shrub version of Blue Mistflower Ageratum? I believe we saw some at the Butterfly Center in MacAllen. Would it survive in Georgetown, TX?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly Bush Alternatives in New Egypt NJ
June 14, 2015
I have a Non Native Butterfly Bush near my house. I heard that it could be invasive. What alternative plants could replace this bush as it is a butterfly magnet in late summer. Swallowtales and monarc...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Tropical Milkweed Harmful to Monarchs?
April 24, 2015
I believe I recently read that the orange flowering Mexican milkweed carries a virus(?) or something that harms monarch butterflies. What are recommendations if I use this plant in my northern CA yar...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

sources of milkweed in Bastrop, Texas
April 22, 2015
Where can I buy milkweed in Bastrop County? Can I plant in containers in garden soil? Thanks
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly and Hummingbird Attracting Plants for CT
April 15, 2015
Could you please give me a list of flowers that would attract butterflies and hummingbirds? I live in Darien, Connecticut and would love to make a butterfly garden.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Milkweed species for Central Texas
February 11, 2015
What milkweed should I plant in the flood plain behind my house on Brushy Creek.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 12 next >> 
115 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page