Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 next >> 
92 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Availability of Heliotropium angiospermum from Austin
April 01, 2014
I have admired the Wildflower Center's Heliotropium angiospermum (Scorpian's Tail) for the great number of butterflies it attracts. I would really love to purchase one on these plants, but don't se...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly Garden, non-poisonous to Dogs, in Taylor MI
March 27, 2014
I have a small fenced yard with a patio that my dogs have free access to. I would like to create a butterfly garden and add other plants that are non toxic to my dachshunds. Any suggestions. I am f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Natives for wet soil in Cincinnati OH
March 21, 2014
I live in Cincinnati and the soil in my back yard is wet (soggy) all year round. There are moss and grass growing in the yard. The area is shaded in the afternoon but receives sun earlier in the day. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly garden from Buffalo, NY
February 20, 2014
I'd like to replace the grass in my front yard with a native butterfly garden that will suit the larval and adult stages of butterflies in Western New York. The patch in question faces north and gets...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hardy plants for Oklahoma raised garden at Oklahoma school
February 12, 2014
I am planting a raised flower bed with fifth graders. It will have a little shade in the morning and evening possibly. What plants are durable and can withstand OK summer heat. We will be planting ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Getting milkweed seeds into seed mixes from Milwaukee WI
February 07, 2014
My husband and I are concerned about the Monarch butterfly migration and have started an effort to get milkweed planted along some bike trails here in Wisconsin. This made me think of Ladybird Johnso...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native annuals for pollinators in King County, Washington
February 06, 2014
I live in King County, Washington State, and I have a plot in a community garden. Rather than plant food, I'd like to attract pollinators. I need to use native annuals rather than perennials as the c...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for Daisy Girl Scout native plants project
December 13, 2013
Hello, I am a daisy Girl Scout leader and we are working on one of our Journeys and Native Plants Patch Program which requires our group of 5-6 year old girls to plant and care for a mini-garden. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Why is butterfly weeds blooming in October?
November 07, 2013
I live in Horseshoe Bay Texas and have native landscape environment. Last year, in early September, I had a plethora of butterfly weed in bloom and a large variety and quantity of butterflies. This ye...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Winter care of Asclepias tuberosa from Austin
October 31, 2013
We have several asclepias tuberosa (Butterflyweed). Monarch caterpillars have found and denuded them. We are excited about all of the Monarch caterpillars, but unsure of what to do next. What do we...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 next >> 
92 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page