Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 12 next >> 
113 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Pollinators for Washington State
June 26, 2015
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I am removing invasive knotweed in the Pacific Northwest and I would like to provide native plant alternatives that would flower and provide pollen in the late summer/fall f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly and Pollinator Plants for Indianapolis Garden
June 23, 2015
I live in Indianapolis, IN and would like to have a native garden. I'd be especially interested in plants that help butterflies and bumble bees. There's a fairly dry area on the west side of the hou...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Blue Mist Ageratum Shrub?
June 16, 2015
Is there a shrub version of Blue Mistflower Ageratum? I believe we saw some at the Butterfly Center in MacAllen. Would it survive in Georgetown, TX?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly Bush Alternatives in New Egypt NJ
June 14, 2015
I have a Non Native Butterfly Bush near my house. I heard that it could be invasive. What alternative plants could replace this bush as it is a butterfly magnet in late summer. Swallowtales and monarc...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Tropical Milkweed Harmful to Monarchs?
April 24, 2015
I believe I recently read that the orange flowering Mexican milkweed carries a virus(?) or something that harms monarch butterflies. What are recommendations if I use this plant in my northern CA yar...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

sources of milkweed in Bastrop, Texas
April 22, 2015
Where can I buy milkweed in Bastrop County? Can I plant in containers in garden soil? Thanks
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly and Hummingbird Attracting Plants for CT
April 15, 2015
Could you please give me a list of flowers that would attract butterflies and hummingbirds? I live in Darien, Connecticut and would love to make a butterfly garden.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Milkweed species for Central Texas
February 11, 2015
What milkweed should I plant in the flood plain behind my house on Brushy Creek.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Milkweed recommendations for Austin, TX
October 20, 2014
I live on thin limestone soil in Austin's NW Hills. I'd like to plant some milkweed to help the monarch butterflies in their migration. Which species should I plant, and are those available in our...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant that attracts butterflies, perhaps?
October 06, 2014
What is that one plant/flower in your Center that attracts wildflowers like crazy? It's got a cute name, not a Latin or Scientific name. I have the plant, but don't know how to make it spread.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 12 next >> 
113 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page