Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 11 next >> 
105 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Milkweed recommendations for Austin, TX
October 20, 2014
I live on thin limestone soil in Austin's NW Hills. I'd like to plant some milkweed to help the monarch butterflies in their migration. Which species should I plant, and are those available in our...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant that attracts butterflies, perhaps?
October 06, 2014
What is that one plant/flower in your Center that attracts wildflowers like crazy? It's got a cute name, not a Latin or Scientific name. I have the plant, but don't know how to make it spread.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Best milkweed to plant in Fayette County, TX
September 23, 2014
What is the best milkweed to plant in central Texas [Fayette County] in black clay soil? this soil does not drain well.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly Plants for Chicago
September 13, 2014
I live near Chicago, IL and am interested in planting a butterfly garden. Not sure when to start, but I want all native plants that would attract butterflies. Can you please let me know which plants ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for hummingbirds and butterflies in Galveston County TX
September 09, 2014
I am looking for native plants for a butterfly and hummingbird garden. I plan on putting the hummingbird garden in part shade and would like some Fall blooming plants to attract them during migration....
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Flowers that attract Queen butterflies
August 17, 2014
Walking into the cloud of Queen butterflies around my Gregg's Mistflowers is one of the coolest things I've ever experienced, so I started wondering how I could prolong this "visitation". Can you...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Making a pollinator garden
August 11, 2014
Hello, I have a ditch right by my house and I want to turn it into a pollinator garden using native plants. My problem is, right now it's so full of weeds that we have to mow those down so soon. For ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Listing of plants matched to specific pollinators
July 01, 2014
Could you refer me to a listing of plants matched to specific pollinators? I have completed the conversion of a local nature center garden to a pollinator garden with all natives. We hope to place ed...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hedge shrubs that attract butterflies & birds in Virginia
June 13, 2014
Hi - I need recommendations for north VA hedge shrubs that attract butterflies and birds. Thanks
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will Canada geese eat Asclepias tuberosa from Cape May Court, NJ
May 20, 2014
Will Canada geese eat my butterfly milkweed (Asclepias tuberosa)? I know this plant is deer resistant. I really want to plant some on sandy bank near pond in my back yard, but I fear the geese will ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 11 next >> 
105 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page