Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 next >> 
98 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Listing of plants matched to specific pollinators
July 01, 2014
Could you refer me to a listing of plants matched to specific pollinators? I have completed the conversion of a local nature center garden to a pollinator garden with all natives. We hope to place ed...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hedge shrubs that attract butterflies & birds in Virginia
June 13, 2014
Hi - I need recommendations for north VA hedge shrubs that attract butterflies and birds. Thanks
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will Canada geese eat Asclepias tuberosa from Cape May Court, NJ
May 20, 2014
Will Canada geese eat my butterfly milkweed (Asclepias tuberosa)? I know this plant is deer resistant. I really want to plant some on sandy bank near pond in my back yard, but I fear the geese will ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Caterpillars feeding on Phacelia congesta
May 11, 2014
Can you tell me which caterpillars can be found on Phacelia congesta in Bell County?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Early nectar blooms for Monarch butterflies from Austin
May 04, 2014
Could you tell me any early spring blooming nectar plants that monarchs will nectar from. I'm specifically looking for bloom times in March and early April. I have plenty of May blooms but not ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growth rate of non-native Asclepias curassavica
April 29, 2014
As a volunteer at the National Butterfly center, I wonder how long from starting the seeds until the plant reaches approximately 20 cm tall does it take a tropical milkweed (asclepias curassavica) to ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Availability of Heliotropium angiospermum from Austin
April 01, 2014
I have admired the Wildflower Center's Heliotropium angiospermum (Scorpian's Tail) for the great number of butterflies it attracts. I would really love to purchase one on these plants, but don't se...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly Garden, non-poisonous to Dogs, in Taylor MI
March 27, 2014
I have a small fenced yard with a patio that my dogs have free access to. I would like to create a butterfly garden and add other plants that are non toxic to my dachshunds. Any suggestions. I am f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Natives for wet soil in Cincinnati OH
March 21, 2014
I live in Cincinnati and the soil in my back yard is wet (soggy) all year round. There are moss and grass growing in the yard. The area is shaded in the afternoon but receives sun earlier in the day. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly garden from Buffalo, NY
February 20, 2014
I'd like to replace the grass in my front yard with a native butterfly garden that will suit the larval and adult stages of butterflies in Western New York. The patch in question faces north and gets...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 next >> 
98 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page