Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 69 next >> 
689 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
The most common wildflower in the United States
July 29, 2014
What is the most common wildflower in the United States?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Preparation of seeds of Cosmos parviflorus for planting
July 21, 2014
This is in regards to Cosmos Parviflorus. I reside directly outside of Big Bend National Park in Terlingua, TX. Cosmos Parviflorus grows naturally here and I have collected some seeds from a couple of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bluebonnets in Hampton VA?
July 12, 2014
I gave my mom Blue Bonnet seeds for her yard in Hampton VA. She is on a mission to have no lawn and loves flowers. The seeds say to plant in Texas August-November. But, when should she plant them i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native flowers versus non-natives
June 30, 2014
Native flowers versus non-natives. What guidelines do use for identification. I come across flowers in different habitats and can't identify them as natives. Also, how do you attach a image to a ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Purchase of Galphimia angustifolia from Austin
June 08, 2014
I have a Thryallis, Galphimia augustifolia, or Thryallis autustifolia, growing from a limestone ledge in my yard in west Austin TX. I have tried unsuccessfully to buy this native. Do you sell it at t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Define monoculture from St. Croix Falls, WI
May 30, 2014
What do you call a dense stand or carpet of one species of wildflower? Our botany professor told us but that was 40 years ago!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Should Rock Harlequin stay green all winter?
May 28, 2014
I have a rock harlequin that came up in a area that had been disturbed. It came up last summer/fall and the foliage survived our tough winter. I can not find anything about this plant staying green al...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hanging plants for Austin, TX
May 18, 2014
I'm looking for a hanging potted flower suggestion for Austin. Most locations are shaded under a large tree, but some locations may have several hours of afternoon sun. I'd love to see some hummin...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Fern-like Plant with White Flower Poison Hemlock?
May 06, 2014
I have a fern-like plant which produces white flowers that uncurl from the stem as the plant starts to grow. Is this poison hemlock?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Viability of Lupinus havardii seeds from Elmendorf TX
April 25, 2014
I have been able to grow several Lupinus havardii (Big Bend Bluebonnet) and they are now making seed. Is there anyway to determine if a seed is good or bad for this plant?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 69 next >> 
689 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page