Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 77 next >> 
769 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Caring for a wildflower meadow in Austin, TX.
March 22, 2016
We have a meadow full of wildflowers in the country, bluebonnets, Indian paintbrushes, etc. What can we do to promote continued growth and is there a certain time of year we should mow? Should we fe...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade and Drought Tolerant Plants for Idaho Shade
March 18, 2016
I am looking for plants native to Idaho and/or the surrounding region (zone 6 or 7) that would do well in full shade conditions (adjacent to the north side of our house) and meet several criteria: Max...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Name of the yellow wildflowers that gave Amarillo, TX its name
March 01, 2016
What is the name of the yellow wildflowers that gave Amarillo, Texas, its name?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is it illegal to collect wildflower plants from county roads in TX?
February 05, 2016
Is it illegal to collect wildflower plants like bluebonnets from county roads in Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

When will the bluebonnets appear this year?
February 04, 2016
When will the bluebonnets appear this year? We have many friends and family who want to visit when they are in bloom. Thanks.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Low growing annuals for OK shaded slope.
January 26, 2016
I have a heavily shaded slope on the north, west, and south side of my home. Can you suggest some low growing annuals (flowering, or not) that would allow me to beautify my property.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Caterpillars on Milkweed in MA
January 23, 2016
I have found every year a black/red caterpillars on my milkweed. They eat everything! I have never been able to find out what they are or how to get rid of them.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Herbal properties of Dicentra formosa
January 23, 2016
I would like to get some information on the Dicentra formosa plant such as the benefits of the plant. Is it poisonous? Can it be infused in an oil?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Perennials for Sandy Shade in California
December 17, 2015
Are there any native perennials that would do well in sandy shade? I have a difficult corner in my garden that does not get much sun. The soil is sandy though I have added some amount of compost to en...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrubs for Birds and Bees in North Texas
December 17, 2015
I have a small backyard and would love to grow native plants for North Texas. I don't think I can grow trees, but for sure can do 1-2 crape myrtle-size shrubs. I have some rose of Sharon's going on ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 77 next >> 
769 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page