En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 72 next >> 
719 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Shallow Rooted Wildflowers for MA
March 25, 2015
Do you have any suggestions for wildflowers that would be safe to grow on a capped landfill site? They would need to have roots no deeper than 24 inches.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Companion plants for non-native Santolina virens
March 23, 2015
Can you recommend companion plant options for Santolina virens? The companion plant would be planted randomly and interspersed with the santolina and needs to be no taller than 12 inches because of th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildflowers for floodplain near Denton, TX
March 22, 2015
Hello, I am a member of my HOA board and am researching the possibility of filling in our floodplains with wildflowers. Currently the floodplains are grass only and span a few acres. Our goal is to t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Short, Shady Plants for South Carolina
February 24, 2015
I have a shady part of my mother's garden that doesn't drain very well. Do you have any suggestions as to what type of flowers or plants (preferably native to S.C.) that aren't red that might grow ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning Gaura
February 19, 2015
My Gaura lindheimeri is very "leggy", but is blooming well at the end of the spindly stems. Should I prune it back or leave it?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant Database for New Jersey
February 19, 2015
How can I find out where certain plants will grow, for example, will Indian Mustard (Brassica juncea L.) grow in New Jersey?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

When do wildflowers bloom in the Texas Hill Country
February 12, 2015
Approximately when do the wild flowers bloom in Hill country? I would love to see them. I know it depends on winter weather conditions. I have a short vacation mid March, was considering a trip th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Low Groundcover for Washington State
February 03, 2015
I'm trying to find a perfect fit for my piece of land in the State of Washington. I would say that the area is partly sunny and a somewhat moist area. I'm looking for a species of very small everg...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Narrow Fence Line in TN
February 03, 2015
I have a very specific and difficult planting question. I have a narrow strip (about 2 feet at the widest) between my back privacy fence and a wire fence that marks the edge of my property. It is dire...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant ID–maybe a lupine?
February 02, 2015
We have a strange plant growing in our flowerbed that we did not knowingly plant. It sprang up last summer and has continued to grow throughout the winter in spite of several freezes. We live just eas...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 72 next >> 
719 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page