Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 70 next >> 
699 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Fall Flower Planting in Abilene, TX
October 14, 2014
Are there any flowers that can be planted in the fall in Abilene Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Storing Rudbeckia Hirta Seed
October 10, 2014
I just bought and planted your Rudbeckia hirta seed. I have a lot leftover. Can I store it until spring or better yet, next fall? If so, how?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Texas Plants for a Terrarium
October 08, 2014
I have a 55-gallon aquarium that I would like to make into a terrarium. Are there any Texas native plants that would do well in the limited artificial light of the tank? The plants should be of varyin...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Silphium Perfoliatum Seeds
October 06, 2014
I am trying to identify which part of the seedhead is the actual seed of the cup plant, Silphium perfoliatum. It is hard to find images. Some show the outer, larger, flat part of the seedhead which ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Best Asclepias for Kansas City
October 06, 2014
I have a question about the Asclepias. I live in the Midwest, in Kansas City with hardiness zone 5b or 6. I want to know which of these plants would be good for me in a cultivated garden. It's not to...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shearing Pink Skullcaps
September 21, 2014
My pink skullcap plants keep dying. The ones that are still alive are about 3 years old, but have large sections of dry twigs. Do I shear them and hope they come back or are they gone? I live in Helot...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

When is best time to plant seeds of Texas Nightshade in San Antonio, TX?
September 20, 2014
I need to know the time to plant seeds of Texas Nightshade. Can I plant them now ( August ), or wait till fall or spring?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly Plants for Chicago
September 13, 2014
I live near Chicago, IL and am interested in planting a butterfly garden. Not sure when to start, but I want all native plants that would attract butterflies. Can you please let me know which plants ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Making a pollinator garden
August 11, 2014
Hello, I have a ditch right by my house and I want to turn it into a pollinator garden using native plants. My problem is, right now it's so full of weeds that we have to mow those down so soon. For ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Late Blooming Wildflowers for Round Rock
August 06, 2014
I thought this would be a previously answered question but found nothing in the data base. My question is: in Central Texas what can be grown for some color or interest in a wildflower area when the w...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 70 next >> 
699 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page