En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 72 next >> 
716 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Short, Shady Plants for South Carolina
February 24, 2015
I have a shady part of my mother's garden that doesn't drain very well. Do you have any suggestions as to what type of flowers or plants (preferably native to S.C.) that aren't red that might grow ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning Gaura
February 19, 2015
My Gaura lindheimeri is very "leggy", but is blooming well at the end of the spindly stems. Should I prune it back or leave it?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant Database for New Jersey
February 19, 2015
How can I find out where certain plants will grow, for example, will Indian Mustard (Brassica juncea L.) grow in New Jersey?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

When do wildflowers bloom in the Texas Hill Country
February 12, 2015
Approximately when do the wild flowers bloom in Hill country? I would love to see them. I know it depends on winter weather conditions. I have a short vacation mid March, was considering a trip th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Low Groundcover for Washington State
February 03, 2015
I'm trying to find a perfect fit for my piece of land in the State of Washington. I would say that the area is partly sunny and a somewhat moist area. I'm looking for a species of very small everg...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Narrow Fence Line in TN
February 03, 2015
I have a very specific and difficult planting question. I have a narrow strip (about 2 feet at the widest) between my back privacy fence and a wire fence that marks the edge of my property. It is dire...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant ID–maybe a lupine?
February 02, 2015
We have a strange plant growing in our flowerbed that we did not knowingly plant. It sprang up last summer and has continued to grow throughout the winter in spite of several freezes. We live just eas...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Best date for spring bluebonnet blooms for 2015
January 31, 2015
What is the estimated date range for the best bluebonnet viewing in the Hill Country this year (2015). I have guests from the north planning a visit and we'd like to pick a weekend with great possibi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Germinating Milkweed Seeds
January 23, 2015
When is the best time to plant milkweed seeds outside? I was told when the overnight temperature hits 70 F. (our garden is in Lakeway, Texas). So around late May? Is this when the seeds germinate i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Annual Native Plants for Interplanting in Iowa
January 20, 2015
I'm looking for suggestions for annuals that will flower from seed or from spring plants. I want to use them to fill in the space around newly planted coneflowers and asters that I fear will look spa...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 72 next >> 
716 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page