Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 71 next >> 
704 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Identification of seedlings
December 20, 2014
So..last spring I spread out a bag of random Texas wildflower seed I bought at Home Depot. Bautiful things happened. Since that time I've collected seeds while out camping etc and just been chunking ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a moist, wooded area in North Carolina
December 06, 2014
I am looking to plant some native flowers in a wooded area in Surry County NC. The chosen location is fully shaded beside a creek. The water table typically sets about 2 feet below the surface of th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are Brown-eyed susans and Black-eyed susans the same species?
December 02, 2014
Are Brown eyed Susans the same as the Black-eyed Susan? I've read that they are both common names for the same plant, but the flower looks slightly different in different regions. Thank you.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Starting Melochia Pyramidata from Seed
November 06, 2014
Last year some Melochia pyramidata popped up in my yard all on its own. I was able to gather some (really neat looking) seed pods once they had dried out. I'm moving pretty soon and I'd like to grow...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fall Wildflowers for Helotes, TX
October 20, 2014
Dear Smarty, Could you please suggest a few colorful wildflowers for a sunny area. I live north of San Antonio, TX and would like to plant some flowers in October but I want something that has been ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fall Flower Planting in Abilene, TX
October 14, 2014
Are there any flowers that can be planted in the fall in Abilene Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Storing Rudbeckia Hirta Seed
October 10, 2014
I just bought and planted your Rudbeckia hirta seed. I have a lot leftover. Can I store it until spring or better yet, next fall? If so, how?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Texas Plants for a Terrarium
October 08, 2014
I have a 55-gallon aquarium that I would like to make into a terrarium. Are there any Texas native plants that would do well in the limited artificial light of the tank? The plants should be of varyin...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Silphium Perfoliatum Seeds
October 06, 2014
I am trying to identify which part of the seedhead is the actual seed of the cup plant, Silphium perfoliatum. It is hard to find images. Some show the outer, larger, flat part of the seedhead which ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Best Asclepias for Kansas City
October 06, 2014
I have a question about the Asclepias. I live in the Midwest, in Kansas City with hardiness zone 5b or 6. I want to know which of these plants would be good for me in a cultivated garden. It's not to...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 71 next >> 
704 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page