Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 70 next >> 
691 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Making a pollinator garden
August 11, 2014
Hello, I have a ditch right by my house and I want to turn it into a pollinator garden using native plants. My problem is, right now it's so full of weeds that we have to mow those down so soon. For ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Late Blooming Wildflowers for Round Rock
August 06, 2014
I thought this would be a previously answered question but found nothing in the data base. My question is: in Central Texas what can be grown for some color or interest in a wildflower area when the w...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

The most common wildflower in the United States
July 29, 2014
What is the most common wildflower in the United States?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Preparation of seeds of Cosmos parviflorus for planting
July 21, 2014
This is in regards to Cosmos Parviflorus. I reside directly outside of Big Bend National Park in Terlingua, TX. Cosmos Parviflorus grows naturally here and I have collected some seeds from a couple of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bluebonnets in Hampton VA?
July 12, 2014
I gave my mom Blue Bonnet seeds for her yard in Hampton VA. She is on a mission to have no lawn and loves flowers. The seeds say to plant in Texas August-November. But, when should she plant them i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native flowers versus non-natives
June 30, 2014
Native flowers versus non-natives. What guidelines do use for identification. I come across flowers in different habitats and can't identify them as natives. Also, how do you attach a image to a ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Purchase of Galphimia angustifolia from Austin
June 08, 2014
I have a Thryallis, Galphimia augustifolia, or Thryallis autustifolia, growing from a limestone ledge in my yard in west Austin TX. I have tried unsuccessfully to buy this native. Do you sell it at t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Define monoculture from St. Croix Falls, WI
May 30, 2014
What do you call a dense stand or carpet of one species of wildflower? Our botany professor told us but that was 40 years ago!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Should Rock Harlequin stay green all winter?
May 28, 2014
I have a rock harlequin that came up in a area that had been disturbed. It came up last summer/fall and the foliage survived our tough winter. I can not find anything about this plant staying green al...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hanging plants for Austin, TX
May 18, 2014
I'm looking for a hanging potted flower suggestion for Austin. Most locations are shaded under a large tree, but some locations may have several hours of afternoon sun. I'd love to see some hummin...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 70 next >> 
691 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page