Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 71 next >> 
708 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Germinating Milkweed Seeds
January 23, 2015
When is the best time to plant milkweed seeds outside? I was told when the overnight temperature hits 70 F. (our garden is in Lakeway, Texas). So around late May? Is this when the seeds germinate i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Annual Native Plants for Interplanting in Iowa
January 20, 2015
I'm looking for suggestions for annuals that will flower from seed or from spring plants. I want to use them to fill in the space around newly planted coneflowers and asters that I fear will look spa...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

wildflowers with interesting seed heads for winter interest
January 09, 2015
I am looking to establish a wildflower meadow this year, and I want to include wildflowers that have interesting seed heads for winter interest. What would be your recommendation? Thanks!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bluebonnets Emerging in December
December 21, 2014
Bluebonnets Emerging in December. We've seen bluebonnets emerging all over our property in the last two weeks. I don't ever remember seeing them come up this early. What will be the impact on t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of seedlings
December 20, 2014
So..last spring I spread out a bag of random Texas wildflower seed I bought at Home Depot. Bautiful things happened. Since that time I've collected seeds while out camping etc and just been chunking ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a moist, wooded area in North Carolina
December 06, 2014
I am looking to plant some native flowers in a wooded area in Surry County NC. The chosen location is fully shaded beside a creek. The water table typically sets about 2 feet below the surface of th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are Brown-eyed susans and Black-eyed susans the same species?
December 02, 2014
Are Brown eyed Susans the same as the Black-eyed Susan? I've read that they are both common names for the same plant, but the flower looks slightly different in different regions. Thank you.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Starting Melochia Pyramidata from Seed
November 06, 2014
Last year some Melochia pyramidata popped up in my yard all on its own. I was able to gather some (really neat looking) seed pods once they had dried out. I'm moving pretty soon and I'd like to grow...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fall Wildflowers for Helotes, TX
October 20, 2014
Dear Smarty, Could you please suggest a few colorful wildflowers for a sunny area. I live north of San Antonio, TX and would like to plant some flowers in October but I want something that has been ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fall Flower Planting in Abilene, TX
October 14, 2014
Are there any flowers that can be planted in the fall in Abilene Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 71 next >> 
708 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page