En Espa—ol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 77 next >> 
766 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Is it illegal to collect wildflower plants form county roads in TX?
February 05, 2016
Is it illegal to collect wildflower plants like bluebonnets from county roads in Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

When will the bluebonnets appear this year?
February 04, 2016
When will the bluebonnets appear this year? We have many friends and family who want to visit when they are in bloom. Thanks.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Low growing annuals for OK shaded slope.
January 26, 2016
I have a heavily shaded slope on the north, west, and south side of my home. Can you suggest some low growing annuals (flowering, or not) that would allow me to beautify my property.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Caterpillars on Milkweed in MA
January 23, 2016
I have found every year a black/red caterpillars on my milkweed. They eat everything! I have never been able to find out what they are or how to get rid of them.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Herbal properties of Dicentra formosa
January 23, 2016
I would like to get some information on the Dicentra formosa plant such as the benefits of the plant. Is it poisonous? Can it be infused in an oil?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Perennials for Sandy Shade in California
December 17, 2015
Are there any native perennials that would do well in sandy shade? I have a difficult corner in my garden that does not get much sun. The soil is sandy though I have added some amount of compost to en...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrubs for Birds and Bees in North Texas
December 17, 2015
I have a small backyard and would love to grow native plants for North Texas. I don't think I can grow trees, but for sure can do 1-2 crape myrtle-size shrubs. I have some rose of Sharon's going on ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Erosion Control Shrubs and Groundcovers for Steep NY Wooded Slope
November 28, 2015
I need to cover a couple of very steep slopes in upstate New York that are partially wooded and near a brook. The slopes are about 130 feet back from the brook. Someone estimated that there is a coupl...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What is blooming in NJ in Late November?
November 27, 2015
I am a beekeeper in Edison, NJ. My bees are still bringing pollen even this late in the season (Thanksgiving). What plants or trees are still blooming? The color of the pollen is a pale yellow.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Indoor and Outdoor, Fast Growing Plants for California
October 22, 2015
Iím looking for the best plants for me. I have small kids so they would have to be safe. I would like them to be able to grow inside or outside. I would love for them to grow fast and reproduce fast.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 77 next >> 
766 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page