Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 74 next >> 
739 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Weeds from neighbor's yard are a problem.
May 11, 2015
Our neighbor has let his front yard go wild. Many of these native wild plants are very invasive. How can I stop their spreading into our yard? There are too many to try & keep up with pulling them as ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Thinning and culling wildflower seed mix plants
May 11, 2015
Wildflower garden in central Oklahoma I sowed a (mostly) native wildflower mixture in early November here in my Zone 7A Edmond, OK garden. To my surprise, many of the seeds (I'm guessing annuals)...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Spring sowing of wildflower seeds in pots
May 11, 2015
Is it possible to start wildflower seeds in pots in the spring and then transplant them to the yard?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bleeding Heart-Like Plant Identification in PA
May 09, 2015
Hi Mr. Smarty Plants. We have a plant that looks almost like the bleeding heart, as in the way the bell shaped (not heart) white flowers hang downward on the stem. However, the leaves are broader and...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildflower Seed Planting in Austin in April
April 30, 2015
What wildflower seeds can I plant in April? Is there a schedule?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What about the Bluebonnets at Muleshoe Bend Recreational Area in Spicewood, TX ?
April 27, 2015
We had heard about vast field of bluebonnets out at Muleshoe Bend Recreation Area - an LCRA park in Spicewood. We went out today and there are indeed vast fields . . . all where Lake Travis would be ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Tropical Milkweed Harmful to Monarchs?
April 24, 2015
I believe I recently read that the orange flowering Mexican milkweed carries a virus(?) or something that harms monarch butterflies. What are recommendations if I use this plant in my northern CA yar...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover Suggestion for OK
April 24, 2015
I need your suggestion for a groundcover for a flower bed in the sun and in the shade in Oklahoma.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shady Groundcovers for NC
April 23, 2015
I have a side yard that gets very little sun during the day and have tried St. Augustine grass unsuccessfully. Can you recommend a groundcover? We live close to the coast in Southeastern N. Carolina...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen groundcovers for NE NC
April 20, 2015
Can you please provide a list of evergreen native groundcovers for Northeastern NC?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 74 next >> 
739 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page