Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 33 next >> 
324 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Evergreen privacy screen 8 feet or less
January 29, 2016
In needing to plant an evergreen privacy screen, what is the tallest Ceniza variety? I'm having great difficulty finding an evergreen hedge material 8' or less. After having taken a class in pla...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Reducing the Height of a Redbud Tree
January 23, 2016
We have a very large, about 15-year old, Redbud tree that is growing so tall it's obstructing our view of the river. How and when can we prune this tree back so it does not hurt the tree.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning a Martha Gonzales rose
January 20, 2016
How much should I prune back an established Martha Gonzales Rose to keep healthy?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Decreasing the Height of Smooth Sumac
December 09, 2015
I have a 9-10 ft. Smooth Sumac that I purchased from an LJWC plant sale several years ago. It has a main trunk and one branch about halfway up. I have read that these sumacs can be pruned down to almo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to prune a Lantana tree
October 02, 2015
I have a potted Lantana tree that will come indoors for the winter. It is quite large and should I prune it back for the winter? If yes, how do I prune it?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning Spruce Pine (Prunus glabra)
September 02, 2015
I have a Pinus glabra/spruce pine that is approx. 7' tall. It's limbs are few and some have been broken. Will trimming back the longer limbs to give it a Christmas shape harm this tree?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Protecting storm-damaged pecan and black walnut trees in TX
June 29, 2015
Several trees on our property in northeast Texas were uprooted by a tornado. A pecan tree with a circumference greater than 93 inches was carried to the ground. Although it is completely horizontal,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning non-native peach in Austin, TX.
June 18, 2015
I planted two five gallon Texas Star peach trees last February but didn't have the nerve to prune them back to knee height. After having been convinced that this is a good thing to do, I'd like to k...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Cutting back a Rhododendron in Maryland
June 17, 2015
I have a planting of six shrubs across the front of my house (alternating azalea & rhododendron). All have died except for one huge rhody & a small azalea next to it. Can I cut the huge rhody back to ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning Live Oak trees to limit height.
June 08, 2015
I notice many of my neighbors here in Katy (Fort Bend county) would have landscapers cut the lower limbs/branches of the live oak trees in their front yards, and the trees naturally keep getting talle...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 33 next >> 
324 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page