Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 32 next >> 
320 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

How to prune a Lantana tree
October 02, 2015
I have a potted Lantana tree that will come indoors for the winter. It is quite large and should I prune it back for the winter? If yes, how do I prune it?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning Spruce Pine (Prunus glabra)
September 02, 2015
I have a Pinus glabra/spruce pine that is approx. 7' tall. It's limbs are few and some have been broken. Will trimming back the longer limbs to give it a Christmas shape harm this tree?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Protecting storm-damaged pecan and black walnut trees in TX
June 29, 2015
Several trees on our property in northeast Texas were uprooted by a tornado. A pecan tree with a circumference greater than 93 inches was carried to the ground. Although it is completely horizontal,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning non-native peach in Austin, TX.
June 18, 2015
I planted two five gallon Texas Star peach trees last February but didn't have the nerve to prune them back to knee height. After having been convinced that this is a good thing to do, I'd like to k...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Cutting back a Rhododendron in Maryland
June 17, 2015
I have a planting of six shrubs across the front of my house (alternating azalea & rhododendron). All have died except for one huge rhody & a small azalea next to it. Can I cut the huge rhody back to ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning Live Oak trees to limit height.
June 08, 2015
I notice many of my neighbors here in Katy (Fort Bend county) would have landscapers cut the lower limbs/branches of the live oak trees in their front yards, and the trees naturally keep getting talle...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Texas sage losing inner leaves
May 14, 2015
I have a Texas Sage bush that on the outside is beautiful with green leaves. The inside branches (the middle) of the bush are bare of any leaves. Why?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mountain Laurel suffering from Spring freeze
May 12, 2015
I have a 4 1/2 ft Texas Mountain Laurel shrub in current location for several years. A hard freeze this spring killed every leaf on the tree, but the stems remained green. My other smaller Mt. Laure...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Repairing Previous Silver Maple Pruning Damage
May 09, 2015
I cut a limb off my silver maple wrong and now the trunk is developing a hole. What is the best treatment?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-Blooming Bridal Wreath Spirea in PA
April 23, 2015
We have 12 - 15 Bridal Wreath Spirea across our backyard. We have lived here for about 10 years (the plants longer). They have always bloomed except last year (2014) several didn't bloom and this y...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 32 next >> 
320 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page