Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 31 next >> 
304 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Pruning Citrus Suckers
October 06, 2014
Mr. Smarty Plants, you are the only person that has "not" insisted that the little balls on Satsuma and lemon trees were clumps of bugs. They are surely what you described in the answer to my previo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shearing Pink Skullcaps
September 21, 2014
My pink skullcap plants keep dying. The ones that are still alive are about 3 years old, but have large sections of dry twigs. Do I shear them and hope they come back or are they gone? I live in Helot...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to Care for a Yucca after Blooming
September 13, 2014
We just moved into our home and there was an existing yucca plant in the yard and it had bloomed. There was some kind of vine growing in and around it. We tried to clean out the vine but I noticed a l...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning Texas Mountain Laurel
September 04, 2014
I've had a Texas mountain laurel for 4 years that's being trained into a tree. I think it was a 3-year old tree when I purchased it. Unfortunately, it has suffered from overwatering, and the two mai...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Transplanting and Pruning Callicarpa
August 21, 2014
I saw the previous question about Callicarpa from the guy in Texas and I have two questions based on the response. In SW Vermont, is late fall still the best time to transplant my Callicarpas? Also, i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Lack of Blooms and Low Hanging Limbs on Mountain Laurels
August 06, 2014
My mountain laurel didn't bloom this year but has a few hard pods on it. It is 9 ft tall but very top heavy with most growth low. I need to prune it a lot at the bottom because it has branches hangi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning Post Oaks
July 26, 2014
I live in Houston and have two post oaks. One is right by my house. I'd like to trim them but was told they are sensitive and might die if I trim them. Is this true? What is the right course of ac...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Optimal time for trimming Fall asters
July 04, 2014
RE: fall asters What is the latest date in the summer that I can trim my fall asters and still get a good amount of blooms in October?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing Grapes in Southern Texas on an Arbor
July 02, 2014
I've redirected several grape vines (from the top third of a broken oak tree) onto an arbor. The base of the vine is about 3 or 4 inches in diameter. Is it feasible to work with (prune) the smaller b...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Northern Catalpa Tree Doing Poorly
July 02, 2014
One of our Northern Catalpa trees appears to be dying. It is about 28 feet tall and this year only about 1/3 of it is producing leaves. It is next to our largest Catalpa tree (about 65 feet tall and a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 31 next >> 
304 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page