Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 next >> 
59 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Hummingbird Bushes for Broken Arrow OK
August 27, 2014
I am looking for bushes that attract hummingbirds. I live in Broken Arrow, OK. Can you recommend some?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Soil Loosener/Pollinator Plants for Houston
August 11, 2014
I am trying to establish a mostly-native pollinator way-station in a recently purchased lot in a 100 year old neighborhood in Houston. Much of the property has a thick layer of oyster shell four to si...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Making a pollinator garden
August 11, 2014
Hello, I have a ditch right by my house and I want to turn it into a pollinator garden using native plants. My problem is, right now it's so full of weeds that we have to mow those down so soon. For ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pollination of Fendlera rupicola
July 17, 2014
How/by what is Fendlera rupicola pollinated?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Viburnum opulus var. americana (Viburnum trilobum) Self-fertile?
April 02, 2014
I am trying to attract birds to my Chicago area yard and I believe I have good conditions to grow highbush cranberry (Viburnum trilobum). My question is about the need for cross pollination. The liter...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Effect on taste of honey from pollen gathered by honeybees in Appleton WI
March 09, 2014
in the flower box.. We are planting perennial or self-planting annuals on our fields and open areas to feed honey bees for our apiary. We found a source and then lost it telling what effect these wil...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Berries on cultivars of Ilex verticillata from Oak Park, IL
February 19, 2014
I have three ilex verticillata cultivars (2 Nana, 1 Jim Dandy) planted on the west side of my house in a very shady site (there's a mature over-spreading hackberry on the parkway just to the west and...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Getting milkweed seeds into seed mixes from Milwaukee WI
February 07, 2014
My husband and I are concerned about the Monarch butterfly migration and have started an effort to get milkweed planted along some bike trails here in Wisconsin. This made me think of Ladybird Johnso...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need plants beneficial or attractive to bees in Dripping Springs, TX
January 27, 2014
Can you provide a specific list of plants beneficial or attractive to honey bees in the Texas Hill Country (we raise bees in Dripping Springs, TX.) Thanks.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Cenizo for border of school garden from Cedar Park TX
January 27, 2014
Hi. We're starting a school garden in Central Texas, and instead of building a fence along one side, we'd like to plant a hedge. Ideally, it would grow tall enough to deter deer from jumping over, b...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 next >> 
59 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page