Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 next >> 
73 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

Hillside Groundcovers for Pollinating Insects in Wisconsin
November 28, 2015
I am looking for native plants for a project around Hudson, Wisconsin. We are to choose native plants to be seeded next spring 2016. They are to be planted on a hillside under and around solar panels ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What is blooming in NJ in Late November?
November 27, 2015
I am a beekeeper in Edison, NJ. My bees are still bringing pollen even this late in the season (Thanksgiving). What plants or trees are still blooming? The color of the pollen is a pale yellow.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Honeybees swarming around galls on oak trees
September 28, 2015
A large number of honeybees have descended on a live oak tree in my backyard. They appear to be feeding on the numerous galls on the tree as if they were flowers. What's going on?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bee-friendly bush with small yellow flowers in Minnesota
August 04, 2015
I was up north in Minnesota and saw a bee friendly bush with small yellow flowers clustered so they looked like small (4"-6") flocked Christmas trees. Any ideas? Thanks!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pollinator friendly lawn for Longmont CO
July 06, 2015
I have a sunny, treeless, South-facing yard, with a slight South-facing slope in Boulder County, CO. It has one patch of buffalo grass, but is more then half some other type of grass. I would like t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly and Pollinator Plants for Indianapolis Garden
June 23, 2015
I live in Indianapolis, IN and would like to have a native garden. I'd be especially interested in plants that help butterflies and bumble bees. There's a fairly dry area on the west side of the hou...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pollinators for Palm Springs, CA
June 18, 2015
Just moved to Palm Springs, California. Hot and dry, desert region. What bee and pollinator-friendly plants would do well with full afternoon sun?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bees and Bulbs
April 20, 2015
Are any of the Non-Native bulbs beneficial to bees of any kind? My Dutch hyacinths, and daffodils are so prolific; they are both single, but I can't find any information about them as sources of nect...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Perennials for Bees and Butterflies in VA
April 15, 2015
What native perennial plants and trees can we plant to help honey bees and butterfly larvae in Harrisonburg, VA?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly information on Wildflower.org
March 23, 2015
Why are butterflies like the "canaries in the coal mine" -- or, what plants best help butterflies? I know the answers, but I don't see the info on your web site. You have a feature under native p...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 next >> 
73 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page