Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 next >> 
70 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Bee-friendly bush with small yellow flowers in Minnesota
August 04, 2015
I was up north in Minnesota and saw a bee friendly bush with small yellow flowers clustered so they looked like small (4"-6") flocked Christmas trees. Any ideas? Thanks!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pollinator friendly lawn for Longmont CO
July 06, 2015
I have a sunny, treeless, South-facing yard, with a slight South-facing slope in Boulder County, CO. It has one patch of buffalo grass, but is more then half some other type of grass. I would like t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly and Pollinator Plants for Indianapolis Garden
June 23, 2015
I live in Indianapolis, IN and would like to have a native garden. I'd be especially interested in plants that help butterflies and bumble bees. There's a fairly dry area on the west side of the hou...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pollinators for Palm Springs, CA
June 18, 2015
Just moved to Palm Springs, California. Hot and dry, desert region. What bee and pollinator-friendly plants would do well with full afternoon sun?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bees and Bulbs
April 20, 2015
Are any of the Non-Native bulbs beneficial to bees of any kind? My Dutch hyacinths, and daffodils are so prolific; they are both single, but I can't find any information about them as sources of nect...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Perennials for Bees and Butterflies in VA
April 15, 2015
What native perennial plants and trees can we plant to help honey bees and butterfly larvae in Harrisonburg, VA?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly information on Wildflower.org
March 23, 2015
Why are butterflies like the "canaries in the coal mine" -- or, what plants best help butterflies? I know the answers, but I don't see the info on your web site. You have a feature under native p...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pollinators of Bauhinia lunarioides (Anacacho orchid tree)
March 19, 2015
What are the pollinators of Bauhinia lunarioides? Also, is it a host plant for any butterfly or moth caterpillars?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Magnolia virginiana (Sweetbay) a major nectar source for honeybees?
January 31, 2015
Is the Sweetbay Magnolia a major nectar source for honeybees?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Franklinia alatamaha (Franklin tree) a major honeybee nectar source?
January 31, 2015
Is the Franklinia tree a major nectar source for honeybees?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 next >> 
70 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page