Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 53 next >> 
521 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Growing Green milkweed vine from seed
July 29, 2015
I was given some seed for the pearl milkweed vine which I intend to plant, but I can find no information on whether to stratify or scarify them or just plant them. I know some milkweeds require strati...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

July 27, 2015
Hi, thanks for all your help in the past! I have a generous spot in my spacious back yard that is begging to be filled. The top soil is 4" sandy loam, below which is black clay.With frog strangler r...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Stopping erosion on bank of a Florida retention pond
July 21, 2015
I live on a retention pond, which has had all vegetation killed by the lake doctor. As a result the bank has eroded so there is a drop off directly to the water rather than a sloping bank. What plan...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Propagation of Blackfoot daisy seed
July 21, 2015
I have a three yr old Blackfoot daisy. How do you root Blackfoot daisy seeds? When is the best month to grow these seeds?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing Alopia drummondii from Seed
July 09, 2015
Can you give me information about, or a resource for, growing Alophia drummondii (propeller plant) from seed? I have the seed but don't know when & the best method for planting?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Can Crataegus viridian be grown in Houston, TX?
June 21, 2015
I am looking to plant Crataegus viridis (species or cultivar "Winter King") at a location in full sun in Houston. Many places I've found online say that it is hearty through Zone 9, but others have...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Twist-leaf Yucca flowering in Burnet County, TX.
June 16, 2015
I recently moved to Burnet County and our property is full of twist leaf yuccas which are now blooming, but not all are blooming. Why do some twist leaf yuccas bloom and others don't? Are they m...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Transplanting wildflowers slated for destruction in Buda, TX.
June 16, 2015
TXDOT has recently informed our church that they will be taking a sizeable amount of natural area fronting a ranch road for lane expansion. We are devastated to lose an are we have planted and nurtur...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to propagate Scarlet leatherflower (Clematis texensis)
May 25, 2015
How do you collect seeds for the scarlet leatherflower? I saw your answer on how to grow from seeds but I'm not sure how to collect the seeds. Also is it possible to grow the scarlet leatherflower...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to protect Columbine plants from Texas sun
May 12, 2015
I planted some Red columbine seeds in October of last year and they are now doing well, roughly 6-inches tall. I believed I was planting them in mostly shade at the time; that area now seems to get 6+...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 53 next >> 
521 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page