Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 51 next >> 
510 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Germination of seeds of Stephanomeria pauciflora (Brownplume wire lettuce)
February 20, 2015
I have discovered a very fast growing Stephanomeria pauciflora on property where I work here in Terlingua, TX. At first glance it appears as an invasive weed but on closer inspection with my macro le...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing mosses in the Pacific Northwest
February 05, 2015
Can you provide information on types of Mosses as well as Microferns in the Northwest Mountain region near Seattle? I assume that Mosses and Microferns are more resilient to foot traffic (i.e.Cush...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Propagation of Agave suckers
November 18, 2014
I'm trying to transplant Dragon Toes Agave suckers. Is this similar to other agave pup transplants?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting a meadow garden in Pennsylvania
November 16, 2014
I live in Saxonburg PA near Pittsburgh PA. I want to put a meadow garden in my back yard. We are building a home so there is no established yard yet just trees and weeds. Where do I start . What...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bermuda, not the only option in Memphis
November 04, 2014
I'm building an energy efficient home in Memphis and want to extend that strategy to the landscaping. I'd like to plant native grasses, but this lot is surrounded by lots sodded with Bermuda grass....
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need plants for a ecoregion prairie project in Cleburne, TX
October 30, 2014
I have a ecoregion prairie project in which students are to plant from pots a small area so visitors might see what the seeded area will become. We are struggling to find potted plants. HELP
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to germinate seed for Styrax grandifolius
October 18, 2014
How do I germinate seed for the Styrax grandifolius?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting Artemisia Cuttings in Texas
September 29, 2014
I've rooted a number of artemisia plants in water and have transplanted them to pots. They grow so very well in our dry drought-stricken soil and need very little water. I'd like to transition these...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Final size of a Texas mountain laurel
August 11, 2014
I have purchased a Texas Mountain Laurel. The plant tag says it will grow 25 to 35 feet. LBWF plant data base says 10 to 15 feet. Which data should I go with? It's either plant close but not close to...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Starting Yarrow (Achillea) and Daucus from Seed
July 16, 2014
I need to deadhead my cottage yarrow. I assume it has gone to seed. What do I do to plant it as seed? If I can do it, can I do it now or do I need to wait until spring. If I need to wait until spring,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 51 next >> 
510 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page