Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 51 next >> 
504 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
How to germinate seed for Styrax grandifolius
October 18, 2014
How do I germinate seed for the Styrax grandifolius?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting Artemisia Cuttings in Texas
September 29, 2014
I've rooted a number of artemisia plants in water and have transplanted them to pots. They grow so very well in our dry drought-stricken soil and need very little water. I'd like to transition these...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Final size of a Texas mountain laurel
August 11, 2014
I have purchased a Texas Mountain Laurel. The plant tag says it will grow 25 to 35 feet. LBWF plant data base says 10 to 15 feet. Which data should I go with? It's either plant close but not close to...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Starting Yarrow (Achillea) and Daucus from Seed
July 16, 2014
I need to deadhead my cottage yarrow. I assume it has gone to seed. What do I do to plant it as seed? If I can do it, can I do it now or do I need to wait until spring. If I need to wait until spring,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bluebonnets in Hampton VA?
July 12, 2014
I gave my mom Blue Bonnet seeds for her yard in Hampton VA. She is on a mission to have no lawn and loves flowers. The seeds say to plant in Texas August-November. But, when should she plant them i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Purchase of Galphimia angustifolia from Austin
June 08, 2014
I have a Thryallis, Galphimia augustifolia, or Thryallis autustifolia, growing from a limestone ledge in my yard in west Austin TX. I have tried unsuccessfully to buy this native. Do you sell it at t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought tolerant grass for small lawn from Woodbury TX
June 07, 2014
Trying to establish small lawn area, needs to be drought tolerant, water wise. Have tried Turffalo with poor results. Recommendation please.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-berrying possumhaw from Austin
June 05, 2014
I planted a possumhaw 8 to 10 years ago for the beautiful winter color, it has never set berries. I see tiny white flowers along the branches each spring, and always hope this will be the year, but I...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Cuttings from beautyberry from Stockport OH
May 22, 2014
My beauty berry is starting a new growth about 2ft from main plant, can I dig this and part of the root without hurting the main part, if so, when?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Propagation of possumhaw from Austin
May 22, 2014
I planted a possumhaw holly plant about 3 months ago and am really excited to watch it grow from its current 3-foot height. It is starting to berry right now. My question is about those berries: (Cle...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 51 next >> 
504 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page