Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 50 next >> 
492 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Picking flowers of bulbs from Cloverdale CA
April 22, 2014
Will picking the flowers of native bulb plants, such as Trillium, Blue Dicks, Fawn Lilies, kill the plant or keep it from reproducing? I do not condone this action but know people who do it.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replacing hawthorn bush with muhly grass from Plano TX
April 10, 2014
I am thinking of replacing a hawthorn bush with a muhly grass plant or two in an edged area with river rock cover in Plano, texas. It is the black soil and not a sandy loam. We have a sprinkler syst...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Age before blooming of a Fendler rupicola from Elmendorf TX
April 06, 2014
How old does a Fendlera rupicola plant have to be before it will bloom?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Grafting different colors of Tecoma from Casa Grand AZ
April 01, 2014
Is it possible to graft different colors of tecoma and if yes, is the process same as process for grafting roses?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native flowers from bulbs from Denton TX
March 26, 2014
I am slowly converting my landscaping to as much native regional plants as possible. Are there any flowers from bulbs that you could recommend?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Seeds to scatter from Austin
March 20, 2014
Which seeds are good to throw and scatter on lawns or garden beds? Seeds that germinate easily, I suppose?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Different colors of Argemone spp. from McAllen TX
March 16, 2014
I took pictures of at least 5 colors of pricklepoppy today. Is this common to have so many colors in one area? How do I harvest the seedpods and when is the best time to do so?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Source for Ashe Juniper seeds from Blanco Co., TX
March 10, 2014
I'm trying to find Ashe Juniper seeds to plant in bare areas of my property in central Texas. I understand they grow well in rockier soil and have many other benefits for native animal species. Unfo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will hand pollination of red plum tree result in fruits?
February 24, 2014
Red Plum is blooming but no bees to pollinate & no associate plum trees near by. Can flowers be pollinated by hand with q-tip?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Starting wild plant seeds indoors from Dallas TX
February 23, 2014
Is it possible to start some Phlox drummondii or other native wild flower from seed indoors, and then transplant to my garden? If so, can you suggest some?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 50 next >> 
492 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page