Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 5 next >> 
44 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Lists of medicinal plants from New York City
April 11, 2014
Do you know any resources for lists of medicinal plants native to New York? Thank you
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Different colors of Argemone spp. from McAllen TX
March 16, 2014
I took pictures of at least 5 colors of pricklepoppy today. Is this common to have so many colors in one area? How do I harvest the seedpods and when is the best time to do so?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Lippia alba for sale at Wildflower Center
June 09, 2013
Do you have this plant for sale Lippia Alba. thanks
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Sharing Selfheal with Texas Friends
April 25, 2013
I have discovered selfheal plants in my yard. When and how do I collect the seeds or do I just dig up plants to share with friends? I understand this is actually an herb. I love identifying wildflower...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Edible and Medicinal Plant Resources for West Texas
March 02, 2013
I am a teacher of gifted and talented students in Paint Rock, Texas. We were looking for a reliable book or website for edible and medicinal plants in West Texas.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Food and medicinal value of Parsley Hawthorn
March 01, 2013
I have found several sites that talk about how the parsley hawthorn is edible and how the hawthorn berry in general is really great for the heart, but I did not find any mention of this on your info a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is cenizo (Leucophyllum frutescens) edible?
December 21, 2012
I found a post here about cenizo leaves being used for tea, but I'm wondering if the leaves of the cenizo are edible? I have found many recipes for 'brown butter sage' leaves (sauteed often with on...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of a vine in El Paso, Texas
November 23, 2012
I live in Del Rio Texas - Zone 8/9 and I have a vine which can't be identified. It looks like a morning glory white flower with crimson throat, but the leaf pattern is like a 5-7 fingered hand with d...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Texas plants useful to early settlers
June 05, 2012
I'm working on some interpretation for a prairie heritage trail in SE TX (near Houston). I'd like to know where I can find some good information on plant remedies which might have been used by early...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fiber and dye plants at the Wildflower Center from Round Rock TX
May 24, 2012
When I visited the Wildflower Center recently I noticed a garden labeled as containing fiber and dye plants, but the individual plants and their uses were not all labeled. I would be very interested ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 5 next >> 
44 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page