Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 91 next >> 
904 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Groundcovers for Shade Under a Sweetgum
March 25, 2015
I have 3 large sweetgum trees that produce so much shade each summer, and grass, even grass meant for shade, won't grow here. It's become a barren desert! I have English ivy but it only seems to gro...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need ground cover plants to grow in the shade a large oak in San Antonio, TX
March 09, 2015
We have a large backyard in San Antonio covered with live oak and red oak. Since grass does not do well in this shade / bright shade area I would like to plant a low growing ground cover and then add...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Compatibility of mixed ground covers with St. Agustine grass
March 04, 2015
My husband and I live in Northwest Austin. We have removed lawn from our front yard and replaced it with mulch and some trees and other plantings. We would like to replace the lawn in our backyard ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deterring geese from a wildflower garden
February 28, 2015
I've moved into a home with a large pond beyond the grass yard. I intend to plant a sunflower house with lots of other plants as part of the structure, such as flowering vines, clover, mint and thyme...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need plants for a garden pathway in Austin, TX.
February 28, 2015
Hello! I am looking for a low-growing native plant or plants that I can use instead of grass; I have a section of the garden that gets full to part sun that will have a pathway of stones. I'd like ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Short, Shady Plants for South Carolina
February 24, 2015
I have a shady part of my mother's garden that doesn't drain very well. Do you have any suggestions as to what type of flowers or plants (preferably native to S.C.) that aren't red that might grow ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant Database for New Jersey
February 19, 2015
How can I find out where certain plants will grow, for example, will Indian Mustard (Brassica juncea L.) grow in New Jersey?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native border plants to stop erosion
February 18, 2015
I need native border plants to assist in stopping soil erosion due to water run off from rain and the Catawba River.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

February 17, 2015
This question may have more to do with chemistry than botany but I thought I would start here. My sister recently discovered that behind her Chili pequin plants, the brick was being dissolved leaving ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Plants for Year Round Interest
February 16, 2015
I'm involved in a paradigm shift from traditional bedding plants (petunias, zinnias, begonias, etc.) to native plants. I realize that native plants have natural life cycles where they look pretty bad...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 91 next >> 
904 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page