Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 93 next >> 
925 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
How to eliminate roadside thistles
May 26, 2015
When we drive along the highway we see lots of wildflowers and no thistles in the median. How does the Highway Department keep the thistles out? Here in Kerrville, we are overwhelmed by thistles thi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildflowers in Bloom in Hudson Valley NY in July
May 19, 2015
We are hosting a rustic wedding on July 11, and we would like to decorate with wildflowers. We live in rural NY state, in the Mid-Hudson Valley, and there are many sites from which to pick wildflowers...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to protect Columbine plants from Texas sun
May 12, 2015
I planted some Red columbine seeds in October of last year and they are now doing well, roughly 6-inches tall. I believed I was planting them in mostly shade at the time; that area now seems to get 6+...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Weeds from neighbor's yard are a problem.
May 11, 2015
Our neighbor has let his front yard go wild. Many of these native wild plants are very invasive. How can I stop their spreading into our yard? There are too many to try & keep up with pulling them as ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What to do about bastard cabbage in the Austin area?
May 08, 2015
I am noticing bastard cabbage taking over roadsides and medians at an alarming rate where a mixture of native flowers used to bloom. Is it allowable to organize efforts to pull the invasive plants ou...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Can bluebonnet pods be gathered when green in Lockhart, TX
May 02, 2015
Can bluebonnet seed pods be gathered when green? Will the seed be capable of germinating next season?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What about the Bluebonnets at Muleshoe Bend Recreational Area in Spicewood, TX ?
April 27, 2015
We had heard about vast field of bluebonnets out at Muleshoe Bend Recreation Area - an LCRA park in Spicewood. We went out today and there are indeed vast fields . . . all where Lake Travis would be ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover Suggestion for OK
April 24, 2015
I need your suggestion for a groundcover for a flower bed in the sun and in the shade in Oklahoma.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shady Groundcovers for NC
April 23, 2015
I have a side yard that gets very little sun during the day and have tried St. Augustine grass unsuccessfully. Can you recommend a groundcover? We live close to the coast in Southeastern N. Carolina...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ground Arizona ash wood suitable for mulch?
April 23, 2015
We cut down a 40 year old Arizona ash tree and had the stump ground into mulch. Can we use this mulch in our vegetable garden and flower beds
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 93 next >> 
925 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page