Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 86 next >> 
855 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Gaura Plants Dying In PA
July 16, 2014
I had six gaura plants. They were beautiful last year. Now I have one that is doing well and the others are dying slowly one at a time. I don't understand this. They are on a slight slope and have ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Starting Yarrow (Achillea) and Daucus from Seed
July 16, 2014
I need to deadhead my cottage yarrow. I assume it has gone to seed. What do I do to plant it as seed? If I can do it, can I do it now or do I need to wait until spring. If I need to wait until spring,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Cutting Garden Plants for TN
July 16, 2014
I would like to know what would be in a year round cutting garden in Nashville, TN for a novel I am writing.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

The Unusual Foliage of Green Dragon
July 16, 2014
I was hiking last week (July 7-11, 2014) in Hocking County, Ohio and while in a gorge along a river I saw the weirdest plant I've ever seen in my life. It wasn't weird because it had bizarre flowers...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Plants for a Steep Slope in TN
July 15, 2014
Hello, I live in Knoxville, TN and have a very steep slope in our backyard. There is a lot of water erosion causing our grass to be covered with red dirt. I would love to try to plant something on thi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for Shady Front Beds in OK
July 15, 2014
I need a groundcover for my front beds in Edmond, OK that are moist and in full shade. The groundcover would primarily be around and under a Japanese maple. Low maintenance is preferred.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Optimal time for trimming Fall asters
July 04, 2014
RE: fall asters What is the latest date in the summer that I can trim my fall asters and still get a good amount of blooms in October?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Competition between Horseherb and Chickweed
July 04, 2014
Ok, sorry I did it wrong the 1st time!? I live in Houston, and I have chickens! I also have mass amounts of Horseherb, and I want to buy some chickweed seeds and plant it for my chickens! My question ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Verbena bonariensis won't bloom in Galveston, TX.
July 03, 2014
My Verbena bonariensis is thriving, but never blooms. The plants look healthy, are about 6 feet tall and in full sun. The buds turn light purple but never open to flower. My neighbor's vb are ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildlife Attracting Plants for a Shady Patio
July 03, 2014
We have a concrete patio that receives 2-3 hours of sunlight a day, so the only plants we will be able to grow will be in container. We are looking for plants that do well in shade, and containers and...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 86 next >> 
855 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page