Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 89 next >> 
881 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Plants to prevent creekside erosion in Nacogdoches County, Texas
December 09, 2014
I am looking for some advice on plants native to Texas that can help prevent erosion. I own a wooded lot with a creek and would like to consolidate the sides of the creek against potential erosion. I...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a moist, wooded area in North Carolina
December 06, 2014
I am looking to plant some native flowers in a wooded area in Surry County NC. The chosen location is fully shaded beside a creek. The water table typically sets about 2 feet below the surface of th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Forage plants for deer in Central Texas
December 06, 2014
Looking for best forage plants and seed for deer forage, Canyon Lake-New Braunfels, Tx. Have searched listings, but areas are NE or other and not relevant to my location. Your time much appreciated. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Restoring disturbed land in Marshall, TX.
December 04, 2014
I have a 30 acre tract of land in Marshall, Texas. The oil company has turned 2-3 acres surrounding the rig into gravel. I would like to return the gravel area to green space. Any suggestions on gras...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are Brown-eyed susans and Black-eyed susans the same species?
December 02, 2014
Are Brown eyed Susans the same as the Black-eyed Susan? I've read that they are both common names for the same plant, but the flower looks slightly different in different regions. Thank you.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are Viguiera dentate leaves toxic to dogs?
November 26, 2014
Many dogs on the Turkey Creek Nature Trail in Emma Long Metropolitan Park love to snack on the leaves of the Viguiera Dentata plants. The leaves SEEM to be harmless. I am writing to request informat...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting a meadow garden in Pennsylvania
November 16, 2014
I live in Saxonburg PA near Pittsburgh PA. I want to put a meadow garden in my back yard. We are building a home so there is no established yard yet just trees and weeds. Where do I start . What...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of blue sage-like plant blooming in September in Lubbock TX
November 07, 2014
This has bothered me for years. It looks like a miniature version of Salvia azure. About a foot talk with multiple stems. Flowering in September. Grows on the hillsides overlooking Buddy Holly Lak...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native NW Pennsylvania Plants for Soap
November 06, 2014
Are there any plants in northwest Pennsylvania that can be used as soap?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Milkweed recommendations for Austin, TX
October 20, 2014
I live on thin limestone soil in Austin's NW Hills. I'd like to plant some milkweed to help the monarch butterflies in their migration. Which species should I plant, and are those available in our...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 89 next >> 
881 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page