En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 87 next >> 
869 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Alternative for HABITURF® in Contra Costa County, CA
September 17, 2014
We live in Kensington, just north of Berkeley, in the San Francisco area. We intend to get rid of our water consuming lawn and we are wondering what kind of alternative you would suggest. You don't s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with Pterocaulon pycnostachyum
September 17, 2014
I have a solitary Pterocaulon pycnostachyum in my wildscape; it invited itself. Some years it does not flower at all (or the bloom is eaten before I see it), and its stalks (usually 4) are not ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly Plants for Chicago
September 13, 2014
I live near Chicago, IL and am interested in planting a butterfly garden. Not sure when to start, but I want all native plants that would attract butterflies. Can you please let me know which plants ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

When to Collect Rudbeckia triloba Seed?
September 13, 2014
How soon after flowering may I cut Rudbeckia triloba flower heads to save seeds? Do cones need to be attached to the plant in or out of the ground to continue to mature?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hummingbird Bushes for Broken Arrow OK
August 27, 2014
I am looking for bushes that attract hummingbirds. I live in Broken Arrow, OK. Can you recommend some?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer Resistant Plants for Newton Square, PA
August 25, 2014
I'm looking for highly deer resistant plants native to PA. Thank you!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shasta Daisies without Petals
August 21, 2014
My shasta daisies do not have the white petals, only the yellow center is in bloom. There are no visible signs of insects. They get a good amount of sun - about 5 hours per day. What could be the prob...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Flowering ofPluchea odorata in Houston, TX
August 13, 2014
I sprouted Pluchea odorata seeds this spring, but the plants seem too small to bloom this year. Although your website characterizes this plant as an annual, do you think it will survive the Houston wi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Soil Loosener/Pollinator Plants for Houston
August 11, 2014
I am trying to establish a mostly-native pollinator way-station in a recently purchased lot in a 100 year old neighborhood in Houston. Much of the property has a thick layer of oyster shell four to si...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Making a pollinator garden
August 11, 2014
Hello, I have a ditch right by my house and I want to turn it into a pollinator garden using native plants. My problem is, right now it's so full of weeds that we have to mow those down so soon. For ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 87 next >> 
869 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page