Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 92 next >> 
912 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Plants for a Shaded Slope in Philadelphia
April 17, 2015
I have a small slope along the North side of my house in a suburb of Philadelphia. A small maple tree grows there but most of it gets no sun at all (a large segment is under the tree). I had the soil ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Plants for a Shaded Patio Container in Missouri
April 17, 2015
What kind of native plants would grow well in a pot on a fully shaded patio? I live in Kansas City, Missouri. The patio faces north and doesn't get any direct sunlight, but it gets lots of indirect...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Goldsturm Rudbeckia Stunted and Doesn't Bloom
April 16, 2015
I have Goldsturm Rudbeckia that never flowers nor gets taller than 4 inches. Meanwhile, my phlox does fantastic in the same area. This area is sand top dressed with black dirt. Please help! Goldst...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Perennials for Bees and Butterflies in VA
April 15, 2015
What native perennial plants and trees can we plant to help honey bees and butterfly larvae in Harrisonburg, VA?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen Groundcovers for a Sunny Clay Soil in NC
April 15, 2015
We have a landscaping business in Stanfield, NC. We are looking for suggestions for evergreen groundcovers for a sunny clay area. They need to fill in quickly and stay low for 1,600 square feet. Than...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

New Jersey Native Plants for a Raised Bed
April 15, 2015
I want to plant some native plants in a raised bed in New Jersey along side a stucco wall that gets direct sun and is very dry due to an overhang. Any suggestions?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Wildflowers and Grasses for Texas Acreage
April 15, 2015
I recently purchased about 36 acres in Somervell County, Texas where cedar had been bulldozed and burned (many large spots). What would be the best native flowers or grasses to replant in that area? L...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Iris Changing Color?
April 03, 2015
I have some iris planted under a very tall tree and they bloom nicely every February. The original bulbs were given to me when I moved here to Arizona 30 years ago. They have always bloomed white. I h...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcovers for Shade Under a Sweetgum
March 25, 2015
I have 3 large sweetgum trees that produce so much shade each summer, and grass, even grass meant for shade, won't grow here. It's become a barren desert! I have English ivy but it only seems to gro...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need ground cover plants to grow in the shade a large oak in San Antonio, TX
March 09, 2015
We have a large backyard in San Antonio covered with live oak and red oak. Since grass does not do well in this shade / bright shade area I would like to plant a low growing ground cover and then add...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 92 next >> 
912 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page