En Espa—ol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 90 next >> 
891 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Germinating Milkweed Seeds
January 23, 2015
When is the best time to plant milkweed seeds outside? I was told when the overnight temperature hits 70 F. (our garden is in Lakeway, Texas). So around late May? Is this when the seeds germinate i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a sunny, sandy site in Central Texas
January 22, 2015
I live between La Grange and Schulenburg, Texas. My soil is sandy. Full sun, no trees. I am a senior citizen with limited funds who is allergic to Rye and Bermuda grass. I tried planting a lawn of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Annual Native Plants for Interplanting in Iowa
January 20, 2015
I'm looking for suggestions for annuals that will flower from seed or from spring plants. I want to use them to fill in the space around newly planted coneflowers and asters that I fear will look spa...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What to do about early seedlings
January 16, 2015
Hello, Over the last few weeks I have noticed that all my naturally occurring poppies and delphiniums have started to sprout up around my yard. Hundreds of them! I imagine it's because of the ear...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

plants for a rain garden's moist area in Central Texas
January 15, 2015
I am looking for local natives to plant in the wet portion of a rain garden/bioswale. Can you help, please?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Information about Erigeron annuus and Erigeron philadelphicus
January 10, 2015
Hi! I am looking for information about the specific leaf area of Erigeron annuus and Erigeron philadelphicus. Do you know of anyone who is working with any these species, who might be able to provide...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

wildflowers with interesting seed heads for winter interest
January 09, 2015
I am looking to establish a wildflower meadow this year, and I want to include wildflowers that have interesting seed heads for winter interest. What would be your recommendation? Thanks!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Converting a Texas backyard to grow Xerophytic native plants
January 09, 2015
I am planning the conversion of our backyard, about 4000 sq ft of largely St Augustine, into a grassless landscape of hardscaping and native plants. Iíve been an avid gardener of rock garden plants i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to grow between concrete pavers on the patio in Rock Hill, SC..
December 31, 2014
I have a patio of concrete pavers, about 2 feet by 2 feet each. It gets very little sun. No morning sun at all. The zoysia grass we have between the pavers now does not grow well at all. Do you ha...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with Purple Heart in Raleigh, NC
December 24, 2014
I was hoping you could help me with an indoor/outdoor houseplant issue. I have a purple heart, that lives outside in the summers and indoors in the winters. I brought it in a few weeks ago and am no...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 90 next >> 
891 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page