Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 102 next >> 
1,013 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
mixed species privacy hedge in Central Texas
March 24, 2016
I need to plant a privacy hedge along a fence line. I am in east Austin, blackland prairie soil. The soil is rich, usually at least moist but not soggy, and I find lots of worms when I dig. The fen...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Caring for a wildflower meadow in Austin, TX.
March 22, 2016
We have a meadow full of wildflowers in the country, bluebonnets, Indian paintbrushes, etc. What can we do to promote continued growth and is there a certain time of year we should mow? Should we fe...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of stinging weed in Pearl, Mississippi
March 20, 2016
I live in Pearl, MS. Yesterday I pulled a weed that right away started stinging my hand and in a few hours turned into stinging numbness. The weed has dark green heart shaped leaves with purple veins ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ground cover plants for a shady North Carolina yard
March 20, 2016
Ground cover erosion control for heavily shaded area in Cary, North Carolina. Current landscapers use strong blowers for leaf control. This blows away any seeds, loose soil and mulch. Tree roots ar...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

killing clover in Bandera
March 19, 2016
How may one kill clover while not killing native wild flowers in one's lawn?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

When to plant bluebonnets in Spicewood, TX
March 19, 2016
When is the best time to plant Bluebonnets and do you place seeds under the soil or just spread on top? Thank you
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade and Drought Tolerant Plants for Idaho Shade
March 18, 2016
I am looking for plants native to Idaho and/or the surrounding region (zone 6 or 7) that would do well in full shade conditions (adjacent to the north side of our house) and meet several criteria: Max...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

White and Violet Flower in Missouri
March 17, 2016
When I was small I came into contact with a plant that gave me cold sweats, chills and hallucinations. All I remember was it bore a single flower with a little white and a lot of violet. It had a dark...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Where to find milkweeds and other butterfly favorites
March 07, 2016
Our neighborhood in San Antonio is planning a big Arbor Day celebration. One of the events will focus on Monarch Butterflies. We will be releasing some live ones in our park and will have a booth th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Getting rid of Mexican Petunia in Chorpus Christi, TX
March 05, 2016
What is the best way to get rid of unwanted Mexican Petunia that keeps spreading to unwanted areas of my flower beds?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 102 next >>