Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 82 next >> 
816 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Why do conifers kill Texas hummingbird sage from Gray GA
April 15, 2014
Why do conifers kill Texas hummingbird sage?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting under Pine Trees in Pocatello ID
April 08, 2014
Hi I was wondering if you could give me some ideas of what I could plant under and near some pine trees for my area. The trees are huge and so it is also constant shade where I want to plant. Thanks f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Narrow, Dry, Shaded Site in Georgia
April 03, 2014
I am writing from Valdosta, GA. Could you please suggest three perennial shrubs and/or plants that flower at different times of the spring and summer? Also ones that can be planted in a 2 ft. wide s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant Suggestions for Shady Site under Trees in Alabama
April 03, 2014
I live in Montgomery, AL and have a bare area (20' x 5) that's shady and soil erosion is a problem. Grass stops growing at the drip line of the trees here. Do you have any suggestions for growing s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting Suggestions for a Lake Home in Wayne County, MO
April 03, 2014
We have a lake home in Wayne County, MO at Lake Wappapello. The soil is very rocky. We recently cleared an area around our home of assorted dead trees, some cedars and what seemed like tons of vines. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Less Maintenance Plant Suggestions for New Raised Bed in Henderson, NV.
April 03, 2014
We have a newly constructed raised garden bed. I was wondering what kind of plants would be appropriate to plant this springtime in Henderson, NV with less maintenance because I work full time.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Turk's Cap not returning from Plano TX
April 02, 2014
My Turk's Cap has shown no signs of coming back this year as of March 31. I pruned to about 12 inches because it was so bushy last year and it was not mulched thru our harsh winter (10 degree low and...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Availability of Heliotropium angiospermum from Austin
April 01, 2014
I have admired the Wildflower Center's Heliotropium angiospermum (Scorpian's Tail) for the great number of butterflies it attracts. I would really love to purchase one on these plants, but don't se...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What is the name of the Texas Wildflower that smells like grape koolaid?
March 28, 2014
Can you tell me the name of the Texas wildflower that smells like grape koolaid? I live in north west Texas and every spring, the low growing purple flowers line spots along the roadside. It's a joy ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning of non-native oxblood lilies from Austin
March 27, 2014
My Oxblood Lilies flowered quite late last Fall. Their foliage is still very green. Can I cut it down now or do I have to wait until it goes brown?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 82 next >> 
816 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page