Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 86 next >> 
857 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Looking for seeds for Carex texensis and Horse Herb
July 27, 2014
I am looking for either plants or seeds of Carex texensis and horseherb with no success. I live in the Albuquerque,NM mountain region (at ~6800ft, zone 6). I need something that is very dought resis...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Austin thicket underlayer
July 25, 2014
We live in Austin, west of 183. We are planning to put a thicket in our backyard, where there is no threat of deer. Anchoring the thicket are a clump of live oaks, a Texas persimmon, an Eve's Necklac...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Gaura Plants Dying In PA
July 16, 2014
I had six gaura plants. They were beautiful last year. Now I have one that is doing well and the others are dying slowly one at a time. I don't understand this. They are on a slight slope and have ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Starting Yarrow (Achillea) and Daucus from Seed
July 16, 2014
I need to deadhead my cottage yarrow. I assume it has gone to seed. What do I do to plant it as seed? If I can do it, can I do it now or do I need to wait until spring. If I need to wait until spring,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Cutting Garden Plants for TN
July 16, 2014
I would like to know what would be in a year round cutting garden in Nashville, TN for a novel I am writing.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

The Unusual Foliage of Green Dragon
July 16, 2014
I was hiking last week (July 7-11, 2014) in Hocking County, Ohio and while in a gorge along a river I saw the weirdest plant I've ever seen in my life. It wasn't weird because it had bizarre flowers...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Plants for a Steep Slope in TN
July 15, 2014
Hello, I live in Knoxville, TN and have a very steep slope in our backyard. There is a lot of water erosion causing our grass to be covered with red dirt. I would love to try to plant something on thi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for Shady Front Beds in OK
July 15, 2014
I need a groundcover for my front beds in Edmond, OK that are moist and in full shade. The groundcover would primarily be around and under a Japanese maple. Low maintenance is preferred.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Optimal time for trimming Fall asters
July 04, 2014
RE: fall asters What is the latest date in the summer that I can trim my fall asters and still get a good amount of blooms in October?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Competition between Horseherb and Chickweed
July 04, 2014
Ok, sorry I did it wrong the 1st time!? I live in Houston, and I have chickens! I also have mass amounts of Horseherb, and I want to buy some chickweed seeds and plant it for my chickens! My question ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 86 next >> 
857 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page