En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 88 next >> 
872 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Milkweed recommendations for Austin, TX
October 20, 2014
I live on thin limestone soil in Austin's NW Hills. I'd like to plant some milkweed to help the monarch butterflies in their migration. Which species should I plant, and are those available in our...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Texas Plants for a Terrarium
October 08, 2014
I have a 55-gallon aquarium that I would like to make into a terrarium. Are there any Texas native plants that would do well in the limited artificial light of the tank? The plants should be of varyin...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need native plants to place in chicken coop in Charolette, NC
September 20, 2014
Hi, I live near Charlotte, NC. I'm looking for native plants that I can plant in my chicken coop that will produce food for the chickens. If they also produced some delicious food for me, I wouldn't...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Alternative for HABITURF® in Contra Costa County, CA
September 17, 2014
We live in Kensington, just north of Berkeley, in the San Francisco area. We intend to get rid of our water consuming lawn and we are wondering what kind of alternative you would suggest. You don't s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with Pterocaulon pycnostachyum
September 17, 2014
I have a solitary Pterocaulon pycnostachyum in my wildscape; it invited itself. Some years it does not flower at all (or the bloom is eaten before I see it), and its stalks (usually 4) are not ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly Plants for Chicago
September 13, 2014
I live near Chicago, IL and am interested in planting a butterfly garden. Not sure when to start, but I want all native plants that would attract butterflies. Can you please let me know which plants ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

When to Collect Rudbeckia triloba Seed?
September 13, 2014
How soon after flowering may I cut Rudbeckia triloba flower heads to save seeds? Do cones need to be attached to the plant in or out of the ground to continue to mature?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hummingbird Bushes for Broken Arrow OK
August 27, 2014
I am looking for bushes that attract hummingbirds. I live in Broken Arrow, OK. Can you recommend some?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer Resistant Plants for Newton Square, PA
August 25, 2014
I'm looking for highly deer resistant plants native to PA. Thank you!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shasta Daisies without Petals
August 21, 2014
My shasta daisies do not have the white petals, only the yellow center is in bloom. There are no visible signs of insects. They get a good amount of sun - about 5 hours per day. What could be the prob...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 88 next >> 
872 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page