Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 78 next >> 
775 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

Does Calyptocarpus vialis (Horseherb) compete with turf grasses
October 05, 2015
For my yard in central Austin Does horse herb, Calyptocarpus vialis help or damage the growth of native short grasses? The grasses include Curly Mesquite and Blue Gamma planted early in the spring or...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Restoring riverfront from Blanco Flood
October 04, 2015
We have cleared our riverfront from the Blanco Flood and I am now looking for help in replanting native trees/grass on our property. Our home was in the Flood of Hayes county Memorial Weekend. I am ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Rejuvenating old Lindheimer muhly clumps
October 02, 2015
I've got two clumps of Lindheimer's muhly in full sun in the western (limestone) part of Austin. I'm thinking they've been there for the past 8 or so years. In the past two or three years, the g...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Source for Habiturf sod in Central Texas
October 02, 2015
Do you know any source for Habiturf sod in Central Texas? I contacted Blade Runner Farms and they replied that their Habiturf project was discontinued.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mexican Feathergrass not Blooming in San Diego
September 22, 2015
Hello, I planted seven Mexican Feathergrass plant about four months ago and only one of them has got the "feathers" at the tip of its grasses. The others are growing nice and tall as well, but not f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Low Groundcovers for Pennsylvania
September 18, 2015
Hi Mr Smarty Plants, I'm looking for a low growing grass or ground cover for an area that is between my neighbors horse fence and mine it is about 2 feet wide 30 ft long. It is impossible to mow and ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for Shade in Spicewood
September 16, 2015
We live in Spicewood area in Austin, TX. Our front yard is yellow almost all summer, I was thinking of replacing lawn with a ground cover which can live on once a week sprinkler and no mowing. Also th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native turf grass for Arlington, VA.
September 10, 2015
Hi, could you please provide me with a recommendation for a native turf grass to plant in a large commercial area in Arlington, Virginia. Currently Kentucky 31 is being used, but we would like to iden...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need suggestions for plants for bioswales in Philadelphia, PA
August 24, 2015
Hello, Are there a handful of species you would recommend for inclusion in bioswales throughout the US? I realize plants need to be selected based on climate, but I'm wondering if there are two or...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will Bermuda grass survive a drought-induced dormancy?
August 12, 2015
If I stop watering a Bermuda grass lawn and let it go dormant, will it green up again when it rains again?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 78 next >> 
775 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page