Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 71 next >> 
709 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Planting a meadow garden in Pennsylvania
November 16, 2014
I live in Saxonburg PA near Pittsburgh PA. I want to put a meadow garden in my back yard. We are building a home so there is no established yard yet just trees and weeds. Where do I start . What...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Using bamboo as a filter for odoras from a wastewater treatmen plant in College Station, TX
November 16, 2014
My wastewater treatment plant is considering planting bamboo to create a filter for odors between it and the neighborhood. Are there any native plant alternatives that would function as well (if not b...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade grasses for central Texas
November 16, 2014
We are new to the area and bought a home this summer that has lots of shade in the very small backyard. The problem is that there was new sod laid in the backyard which now is 50% dead. We do not kno...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Thunderturf turning brown in Dallas
November 16, 2014
Thunder Turf turning brown in Dallas, TX: Hi there. I planted new Thunder Turf seed in my entire back yard this past spring. It grew incredibly strong and abundant all summer until about September ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting Habiturf in an occasional overflow area
November 14, 2014
Wondering about putting Habiturf in an area that is for occasional flood overflow. How will the Habiturf be affected by these occasional conditions? I suspect it won't like it and will start to thin ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Overwintering Juncus spiralis in a Container in PA
November 06, 2014
I have been growing a Juncus 'Spiralis' in a self-watering container on my zone 7 patio in Pennsylvania happily all summer. I have read that this plant is native and should survive outdoors over the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bermuda, not the only option in Memphis
November 04, 2014
I'm building an energy efficient home in Memphis and want to extend that strategy to the landscaping. I'd like to plant native grasses, but this lot is surrounded by lots sodded with Bermuda grass....
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need plants for a ecoregion prairie project in Cleburne, TX
October 30, 2014
I have a ecoregion prairie project in which students are to plant from pots a small area so visitors might see what the seeded area will become. We are struggling to find potted plants. HELP
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Grasses as a Hay Crop in Beeville, TX
October 22, 2014
I am looking to cut Hay on about 38 acres just west of Beeville, Texas. I want to convert the land to native grasses, but I still want to have a decent hay crop that I can sell. What is a good set of ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for Critical Area Buffer Zone in Maryland
October 06, 2014
Help RE: Maryland Critical Area Buffer Zone. Is there a low or no- mow grass native to Maryland that can be used in a Critical Area Buffer Zone. The area is Sunny/Clay. Or can you recommend a grou...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 71 next >> 
709 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page