En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 70 next >> 
700 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Groundcover for Critical Area Buffer Zone in Maryland
October 06, 2014
Help RE: Maryland Critical Area Buffer Zone. Is there a low or no- mow grass native to Maryland that can be used in a Critical Area Buffer Zone. The area is Sunny/Clay. Or can you recommend a grou...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Alternative to Habiturf™ for San Franciso area
October 05, 2014
Will Habiturf thrive in San Francisco? My current sod lawn is dying because the soil has become extremely hard. I'll replace the top couple of inches but underneath is a mix of sand and clay.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need native plants to place in chicken coop in Charolette, NC
September 20, 2014
Hi, I live near Charlotte, NC. I'm looking for native plants that I can plant in my chicken coop that will produce food for the chickens. If they also produced some delicious food for me, I wouldn't...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Alternative for HABITURF® in Contra Costa County, CA
September 17, 2014
We live in Kensington, just north of Berkeley, in the San Francisco area. We intend to get rid of our water consuming lawn and we are wondering what kind of alternative you would suggest. You don't s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Why are there no low-mow lawn grasses composed of only native fescues?
September 09, 2014
Dear SP, Most blends of ecograss I see are a combination of non-native and native fescues (and sometimes buffalo grass, blue grama, etc.). Why are there (apparently) none that are composed entirely of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Erosion Control for Salem IN
September 02, 2014
We've recently had a new pond dug. It is on a hill side and has some very steep and tall banks. We were advised that our best chance of keeping soil from eroding was to plant fescue. I'm not thrille...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Grasses for Quebec
August 21, 2014
I saw an article in the Martha Stewart magazine on native grasses. I live in Canada in Rimouski, in the province of Quebec. I am wondering if native grasses would grow here in the region? Our hardine...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shady Container Plant for Austin
August 20, 2014
I am looking for a tall plant/small shrub/ornamental grass for a very large pot that is placed against the north wall of our Austin home. That spot gets some morning sun in the summer, but virtually ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Soil Loosener/Pollinator Plants for Houston
August 11, 2014
I am trying to establish a mostly-native pollinator way-station in a recently purchased lot in a 100 year old neighborhood in Houston. Much of the property has a thick layer of oyster shell four to si...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Making a pollinator garden
August 11, 2014
Hello, I have a ditch right by my house and I want to turn it into a pollinator garden using native plants. My problem is, right now it's so full of weeds that we have to mow those down so soon. For ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 70 next >> 
700 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page