En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 70 next >> 
696 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Why are there no low-mow lawn grasses composed of only native fescues?
September 09, 2014
Dear SP, Most blends of ecograss I see are a combination of non-native and native fescues (and sometimes buffalo grass, blue grama, etc.). Why are there (apparently) none that are composed entirely of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Erosion Control for Salem IN
September 02, 2014
We've recently had a new pond dug. It is on a hill side and has some very steep and tall banks. We were advised that our best chance of keeping soil from eroding was to plant fescue. I'm not thrille...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Grasses for Quebec
August 21, 2014
I saw an article in the Martha Stewart magazine on native grasses. I live in Canada in Rimouski, in the province of Quebec. I am wondering if native grasses would grow here in the region? Our hardine...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shady Container Plant for Austin
August 20, 2014
I am looking for a tall plant/small shrub/ornamental grass for a very large pot that is placed against the north wall of our Austin home. That spot gets some morning sun in the summer, but virtually ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Soil Loosener/Pollinator Plants for Houston
August 11, 2014
I am trying to establish a mostly-native pollinator way-station in a recently purchased lot in a 100 year old neighborhood in Houston. Much of the property has a thick layer of oyster shell four to si...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Making a pollinator garden
August 11, 2014
Hello, I have a ditch right by my house and I want to turn it into a pollinator garden using native plants. My problem is, right now it's so full of weeds that we have to mow those down so soon. For ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Certified organic native grass seeds for Texas
August 10, 2014
Thanks for your previous answer to my pasture grass seed question. We know about Native American Seed but they don't sell certified organic seeds. We're not sure whether we'll be able to find cer...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

When does Bouteloua dactyloides (Buffalograss) go to seed in southern US?
August 06, 2014
When does Bouteloua dactyloides go to seed in the southern United States, mainly Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for a wet hillside in the San Juan Islands
July 30, 2014
I live on Orcas Island in WA state. We have a place on the water and want to plant something that is no taller than 2-3 feet, lower if possible, on a hillside. The hillside gets lots of sun, yet als...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Can Habiturf™ be hydromulched?
July 28, 2014
Our lawn was originally planted with "Weeping Love Grass" seed by hydromulching. After 7 years we still have some bare spots. Other types of grass have infiltrated the lawn and that does not matter...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 70 next >> 
696 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page