Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 79 next >> 
789 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Cork Screw Rush doesn't spiral in Whitehall, PA.
April 29, 2016
Why won't the stems on my cork screw rush plant twist and/or spiral? It's planted outside. It was twisting and spirally when I planted it. Growing outside the past 4 years but does not twist or curl l...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Caring for a wildflower meadow in Austin, TX.
March 22, 2016
We have a meadow full of wildflowers in the country, bluebonnets, Indian paintbrushes, etc. What can we do to promote continued growth and is there a certain time of year we should mow? Should we fe...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How much shade will Thunder Turf (Habiturf) take?
March 20, 2016
How much shade will Thunder Turf take?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Removing Center Stem From Desert Spoon (Sotol) in Phoenix
March 11, 2016
I have a desert spoon. I hate the center stem. Can I remove the center stem without hurting the rest of the plant? And what is the best way to remove it? I looked for this answer in your questions bu...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ornamental grasses for North Carolina coastal region
March 09, 2016
What ornamental grasses will grow in pure sand and withstand salt-laden winds in zones 8 a and 8 b?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ground covers for a shady spot in central Texas
February 23, 2016
I reside in Austin, Texas and need advice on my xeriscaping project. Portions of my front yard have always been a challenge to get grass to grow, so I have xeriscaped that area with Fairland Pink gran...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Controlling KR Bluestem
February 11, 2016
How can I control KR Bluestem in my 55 acre coastal bermuda hayfield? The field has a Farm Road along one side planted in KR, and now the hayfield is about 25 - 30% KR. Summer burn is fairly dangerous...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will blue eyed grass grow under black walnut trees?
January 18, 2016
Will blue eyed grass grow under black walnut trees? I know the Siberian Iris is tolerant but the scientific names are not the same yet everything I read indicates that blue eyed grass is not in the g...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Erosion Control Shrubs and Groundcovers for Steep NY Wooded Slope
November 28, 2015
I need to cover a couple of very steep slopes in upstate New York that are partially wooded and near a brook. The slopes are about 130 feet back from the brook. Someone estimated that there is a coupl...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What is blooming in NJ in Late November?
November 27, 2015
I am a beekeeper in Edison, NJ. My bees are still bringing pollen even this late in the season (Thanksgiving). What plants or trees are still blooming? The color of the pollen is a pale yellow.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 79 next >> 
789 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page