En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 72 next >> 
716 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Plants to prevent creekside erosion in Nacogdoches County, Texas
December 09, 2014
I am looking for some advice on plants native to Texas that can help prevent erosion. I own a wooded lot with a creek and would like to consolidate the sides of the creek against potential erosion. I...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Controlling non-native Pennisetum frutescens (Naked fountain grass)
December 07, 2014
Three years ago I bought a pennisetum frutescans grass from a reputable online nursery. It gets no supplemental water, but it is taking over my yard. It is almost 7 feet wide now. Can you tell me how ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a moist, wooded area in North Carolina
December 06, 2014
I am looking to plant some native flowers in a wooded area in Surry County NC. The chosen location is fully shaded beside a creek. The water table typically sets about 2 feet below the surface of th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Potential ecosystem benefits to Carex flaccosperma
December 06, 2014
Hi, I am trying to find out if there are any ecosystem benefits associated with the plant Carex flaccosperma: Blue wood sedge?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Alternative for HABITURF® in Los Angeles County, CA
December 04, 2014
The Habiturf brochure has a map indicating appropriate locales for growing this lawn. Excluded from the appropriate range is Southern California, where I live. Is Habiturf not recommended for this reg...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Restoring disturbed land in Marshall, TX.
December 04, 2014
I have a 30 acre tract of land in Marshall, Texas. The oil company has turned 2-3 acres surrounding the rig into gravel. I would like to return the gravel area to green space. Any suggestions on gras...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

O.K. to grow grass under a live oak?
November 26, 2014
Is it a bad idea to plant grass around a mature live oak? We have erosion issues and trying to keep mulch in the beds around the tree groves is a challenge, even with edging. Much of the native dirt...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting a meadow garden in Pennsylvania
November 16, 2014
I live in Saxonburg PA near Pittsburgh PA. I want to put a meadow garden in my back yard. We are building a home so there is no established yard yet just trees and weeds. Where do I start . What...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Using bamboo as a filter for odoras from a wastewater treatmen plant in College Station, TX
November 16, 2014
My wastewater treatment plant is considering planting bamboo to create a filter for odors between it and the neighborhood. Are there any native plant alternatives that would function as well (if not b...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade grasses for central Texas
November 16, 2014
We are new to the area and bought a home this summer that has lots of shade in the very small backyard. The problem is that there was new sod laid in the backyard which now is 50% dead. We do not kno...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 72 next >> 
716 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page