En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 77 next >> 
767 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Need suggestions for plants for bioswales in Philadelphia, PA
August 24, 2015
Hello, Are there a handful of species you would recommend for inclusion in bioswales throughout the US? I realize plants need to be selected based on climate, but I'm wondering if there are two or...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will Bermuda grass survive a drought-induced dormancy?
August 12, 2015
If I stop watering a Bermuda grass lawn and let it go dormant, will it green up again when it rains again?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Erosion controlling plants for a shady Minnesota lakeside
August 11, 2015
I live about 50 yards from a lake and there is a steep embankment. Recently someone decided to cut the trees off the embankment and now the dirt is eroding off the embankment as well as off my back ya...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replacement for Love Grass in Michigan
July 27, 2015
need a replacement for Love Grass at Shops of Willow Bend in Plano. The entire perimeter of this mall has Bermuda and Love Grass. The Elms and Oaks have grown so the Love Grass is mostly gone. Ther...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Lawn for a Shady & Wet area in Austin, TX
July 22, 2015
We have a drainage area that has appeared in our back yard since the neighbors’ homes were built. When we get heavy rains (like this year) all their drainage flows into our back yard and forms a river...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Stopping erosion on bank of a Florida retention pond
July 21, 2015
I live on a retention pond, which has had all vegetation killed by the lake doctor. As a result the bank has eroded so there is a drop off directly to the water rather than a sloping bank. What plan...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hillside Erosion in Pace FL
July 17, 2015
I have a hillside that slopes down about 10 feet to a spring fed pond. The pond drains into Escambia Bay. We have 2 dams with culverts to control the flow of water. Last year during a torrential ra...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought-Tolerant Plants for Arizona
July 16, 2015
Slowly turning south-facing lawn to drought-tolerant plantings with gravel paths. Mature Ponderosa and several blue spruce and junipers surround area. Grass area I'm converting with a few larger tr...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover Planting in Shiro TX
July 09, 2015
I have been collecting seeds from White Avens and Texas Sedge to use as ground covers. What is the optimal time to plant these seeds? We have been experiencing heavy rains in our area lately, so I am ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Dead, brown Habiturf lawn
July 07, 2015
I planted Habiturf seeds last fall and had a good lawn all winter. Now the grass is brown and dead. Did it drown with all the rain we have had? If so, what should I do now? If not, what should I do...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 77 next >> 
767 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page