Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 69 next >> 
685 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Mowing Bouteloua dactyloides (Buffalograss)
July 05, 2014
Dear Mr or Ms Smarty Plants, Although I see you have posted some information about mowing Buffalograss it doesn't seem to answer my question. Will it hurt to mow the buffalograss flags off? Will t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Habiturf care from Plano TX
July 03, 2014
Five weeks ago, we planted a Habiturf lawn in our back yard. The grass looks great and is already about 6 inches. I have two questions to solve before we do the front yard. We have lots of purslane m...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting creeping phlox for a groundcover
June 13, 2014
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I live in Southwestern PA (zip code 15065). I have a small slope on my property that is hard for me to mow. I would like to cover it with creeping phlox, which I saw on t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Using Pensylvania Sedge in Dover, DE.
June 11, 2014
Regarding Pennsylvania sedge, I am thinking of planting the sedge along our driveway, which is under trees and not reached by our sprinkler system. Across the driveway, there is lawn. Is it likely tha...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Advice about buffalo grass lawn in NW Arkansas
June 10, 2014
I am determined to grow a native buffalo grass (bouteloua) lawn in Northwest Arkansas. My question is this: I am considering mixing an annual rye into the bouteloua seed mix for the purpose of quick, ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought tolerant grass for small lawn from Woodbury TX
June 07, 2014
Trying to establish small lawn area, needs to be drought tolerant, water wise. Have tried Turffalo with poor results. Recommendation please.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Herbicide on Habiturf from Austin
May 31, 2014
Can you recommend an herbicide that is safe to use on a Habiturf lawn? I followed the directions to put in a new Habiturf lawn about a month ago. The grass seedlings are doing well in places, but ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How does Habiturf spread from Walburg TX
May 19, 2014
How does HabitTurf spread? - by seed only? - when/how often must you let it go to seed to insure a permanent stand?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fast-growing ground cover for creekside
May 18, 2014
Hi Mr. Smarty Plants. I live in Austin Texas and am looking for an aggressively spreading ground cover or grass to plant along a small creek on the back of my property in order to help with soil er...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Muhlenbergia dumosa safe for horses from Austin
May 13, 2014
Is Muhlenbergia dumosa safe for horses? Will horses eat it? I have a client who has a mini-horse who visits her property on occasion, and I want to ensure that what I plant is both safe for the hors...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 69 next >> 
685 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page