Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 73 next >> 
729 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Deterring geese from a wildflower garden
February 28, 2015
I've moved into a home with a large pond beyond the grass yard. I intend to plant a sunflower house with lots of other plants as part of the structure, such as flowering vines, clover, mint and thyme...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to replace Phragmites australis (Common reed) in Cedar Ridge Preserve
February 25, 2015
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I live in the DFW area and volunteer at a preserve (Cedar Ridge). We are constantly battling the common reed, Phragmites australis, around the pond. I am wondering what shou...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to eliminate Sawgrass from a small lake in Lindale, TX?
February 23, 2015
We live on a small acre lake (about 65 acres) and the majority of the lake is surrounded by what the locals are calling saw grass. From the description on the website, I believe they are correct. The...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Strip Groundcover for Austin, TX
February 19, 2015
I live in a condo in Austin (near N Lamar and North Loop), and am on the HOA board. There is a small strip of land along the back of the units, used mostly for access for maintenance - it ranges from ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native border plants to stop erosion
February 18, 2015
I need native border plants to assist in stopping soil erosion due to water run off from rain and the Catawba River.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Plants for Year Round Interest
February 16, 2015
I'm involved in a paradigm shift from traditional bedding plants (petunias, zinnias, begonias, etc.) to native plants. I realize that native plants have natural life cycles where they look pretty bad...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Turf grass for a sandy site in central Texas
February 16, 2015
I want to plant grass over an old sand volleyball court in our back yard in Bastrop, Texas. What is the best way to go? Adding top soil and buffalo grass seed or try St. Augustine?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting wildflowers and ryegrass in RIverside AL
February 07, 2015
Love the name, enjoyed a visit last spring. We repaired a retaining wall about 300 ft. and want to plant wildflowers on a strip 5 ft wide. Slope gentle to 1 in 3.5. Hauled in topsoil for fill. Can ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Phytoremediation using Paspalum vaginatum
February 06, 2015
Do you know of any on-going research using Paspalum vaginatum as the prime plant (monoculture) for use in phytoremediation. Utilizing this plant in Vegetated Swales, Spreader Swales, Grassy Swales,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Narrow Fence Line in TN
February 03, 2015
I have a very specific and difficult planting question. I have a narrow strip (about 2 feet at the widest) between my back privacy fence and a wire fence that marks the edge of my property. It is dire...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 73 next >> 
729 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page