Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 75 next >> 
747 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Indian Paintbrush outnumbering our Bluebonnets this year.
May 26, 2015
We noticed we have more Indian paintbrush than bluebonnets in our front yard this year. Our issue is we also have more spear grass than normal. Is there a way to control this grass without killing th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of grass-like plant with white or cream flowers in The Woodlands, TX?
May 16, 2015
What is the name of the tall grass-like plant with small white or cream flowers that is planted in most esplanades in The Woodlands, TX.?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Controlling weeds in Habiturf lawn
May 16, 2015
What's the best way to get rid of weeds in a Habiturf lawn? Habiturf seems like a great idea, but even with no extra water and no fertilizer, it seems the weeds take over - K.R. Bluestem and various...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Effect of heavy rains on Lindheimer Muhly
May 04, 2015
It is April 2015, in San Antonio we've had very heavy rains recently. My Lindheimer muhly, which was looking beautiful, has now turned brown all over. Is this normal or is this a problem?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought-tolerant turf for Southern California
April 23, 2015
Is it possible to grow Habiturf in Riverside, California, in the area of UC Riverside? The climate is similar to the desert areas or Arizona, just slightly cooler in the Summer. If not, is there a d...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a children's playground
April 20, 2015
We have extensive native gardens on our 2 acre property, but my children want a garden of their own with plants they can hide under and that are good for imaginative play. Are there any native plants...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for Slope in NC under Black Walnut
April 20, 2015
Please advise on some plants for a difficult to mow 30% slope, near Asheville, NC. We have partial sun, plenty of good rich topsoil, and plenty of rain. The key issue is that it is under and near the ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a Shaded Slope in Philadelphia
April 17, 2015
I have a small slope along the North side of my house in a suburb of Philadelphia. A small maple tree grows there but most of it gets no sun at all (a large segment is under the tree). I had the soil ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Wildflowers and Grasses for Texas Acreage
April 15, 2015
I recently purchased about 36 acres in Somervell County, Texas where cedar had been bulldozed and burned (many large spots). What would be the best native flowers or grasses to replant in that area? L...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Lawn Options for Saginaw, MI
April 09, 2015
I'm looking for a low maintenance, high traffic lawn alternative. Will Texas Frogfruit handle the winter? My yard is small so covering it is an option.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 75 next >> 
747 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page