Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 985 next >> 
9,846 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Blue mistflowers fail to bloom in Austin, TX
September 02, 2015
We live in Austin, Texas and we have several blue mistflower plants that are not flowering. In a previous year we had lovely flowers but last year and this year we have no flowers in spite of the fact...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need help with Wheeler's Dwarf Pittosporum
September 02, 2015
We have about five Dwarf Wheeler Pittosporum plants. All of them are mature and were doing well. I was on vacation for a week or so and when I came back I saw of each of them is plant 90% dead. The d...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Opuntia drooping in Austin, TX
September 02, 2015
I planted an optunia spp. in March. It has nearly tripled in size. This week, I noticed the entire plant has started to droop. Temperatures have been very high with no rain for weeks. The cactus is...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning Spruce Pine (Prunus glabra)
September 02, 2015
I have a Pinus glabra/spruce pine that is approx. 7' tall. It's limbs are few and some have been broken. Will trimming back the longer limbs to give it a Christmas shape harm this tree?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are Native Cultivars As Beneficial to Wildlife?
September 02, 2015
I am working on adding more native plants to my small acreage. I would like to know if using a selection or cultivar of a native species is as likely to have wildlife benefits as using a randomly prop...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Souce for Glass Mulch in Austin
September 02, 2015
Is there a special reason that broken glass is used in the courtyard flower beds? It's beautiful, wondering where to purchase some.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Georgia Monocots for Dodder Infested Location
September 02, 2015
I have a 12'x12' area where we planted carrots, and we got a surprise - dodder! Next year we planted corn - no dodder! This year we planted cosmos, and behold, we had dodder. I understand monocot...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Webworm on Texas Mountain Laurel in Texas
September 02, 2015
I thought my mountain laurel had web worms and I sprayed for them. Now the plant looks like it still has the worms even though none are present. Also, I sprayed with a fungicide because some of the ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildflowers for April wedding near Austin TX
August 31, 2015
Home wedding April 2016. Live North of Austin.on 200 acres ranch and would like to plant wildflowers. What to plant? When to plant? Flowers that will sustain in vase or bouquet?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildflowers for an Indiana septic drain field
August 29, 2015
We just had to have a septic system replaced due to our state highway consuming some of our front yard along with our original septic. Since this has happened, our lateral lines now lie in our back ya...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 985 next >>