Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 932 next >> 
9,316 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Looking for a Privacy Barrier Plant for NC
August 21, 2014
I am trying to determine the best plant for a privacy barrier for my area in NC that has clay soil. I have a 6 foot high fence but need something 12 feet or taller. It has to be something that does no...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deep Rooted Large Shrub or Small Tree for Driveway Strip
August 21, 2014
I am in eastern Massachusetts. My condominium Grounds Committee is searching for a small tree suitable to plant in narrow (4'-5') beds which divide two driveways. Can you suggest something whose roo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shasta Daisies without Petals
August 21, 2014
My shasta daisies do not have the white petals, only the yellow center is in bloom. There are no visible signs of insects. They get a good amount of sun - about 5 hours per day. What could be the prob...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrub for Dallas Street
August 20, 2014
I am looking for a native shrub for Dallas, Texas. It is full sun with a maximum height of 3 feet to border the street edge of a shopping center. It will get irrigated.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shady Container Plant for Austin
August 20, 2014
I am looking for a tall plant/small shrub/ornamental grass for a very large pot that is placed against the north wall of our Austin home. That spot gets some morning sun in the summer, but virtually ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Recipe for Sideroxylon lanuginosum (Gum bumelia) fruits
August 17, 2014
Do you have a recipe for using the fruits of Sideroxylon Lanuginosa?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Flowers that attract Queen butterflies
August 17, 2014
Walking into the cloud of Queen butterflies around my Gregg's Mistflowers is one of the coolest things I've ever experienced, so I started wondering how I could prolong this "visitation". Can you...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to grow in sandy shade with steep slope
August 14, 2014
I'm a very experienced gardener but I'm completely stumped on this one. We live among the dunes in SW Michigan. Our yard mostly consists of Ammophila breviligulata and Asclepias syriaca bisec...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Flowering ofPluchea odorata in Houston, TX
August 13, 2014
I sprouted Pluchea odorata seeds this spring, but the plants seem too small to bloom this year. Although your website characterizes this plant as an annual, do you think it will survive the Houston wi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are Chickasaw plums evergreen?
August 13, 2014
Are Chickasaw Plums evergreens? I've been very interested in planting a few but some websites say they are evergreens while others say the opposite. Furthermore, would I have to plant a male and fema...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 932 next >>